Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scrambled Launcher Screen (Screenshot available here)

I keep getting this when I'm online and I open the Sims 3 launcher screen.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/YaoiAuronXSeymour/sims3scrambledscreen.jpg

Scrambled symbols and letters that makes no sense. I might need to update something, but as for DirectX and Adobe updates and such, that's all updated. My system passes minimun requirements, and everything else about the game works perfectly fine except for this screen. Also since this is coming up, I am unable to upload any custom sims or objects to the site.
Is anybody else getting this and is there a quick fix? Thanks a ton in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have no advice, except uninstall the game and reinstall it. It seems as though some programming is messed up, like the documents have been tampered with or something. I dont recommend uninstalling just yet though, id wait for a more educated answer.

Sorry to hear the issue, hope all is well i nthe near future! :lol:
    259g3le.gif
  • Options
    MyValenwindMyValenwind Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Liltab1121 wrote:
    I have no advice, except uninstall the game and reinstall it. It seems as though some programming is messed up, like the documents have been tampered with or something. I dont recommend uninstalling just yet though, id wait for a more educated answer.

:shock: I was so afraid of that answer, but I'll just have to back up my saved sim info if needed.
    Yeah, I'm gonna wait for another answer. Thanks anyway. :-)
  • Options
    Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2009
    Liltab1121 wrote:

:shock: I was so afraid of that answer, but I'll just have to back up my saved sim info if needed.
    Yeah, I'm gonna wait for another answer. Thanks anyway. :-)

No problem. I'd hate to be on the end of this conversation with my game not working properly. :) hope you get that answer soon enough!
    259g3le.gif
  • Options
    MyValenwindMyValenwind Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My problem has just been fixed! It must have been a coding problem. Big thanks goes out to the programmers and developers from me! :D

EDIT: I spoke too soon, but at least I was able to upload my Vincent. Well, I can upload anything now (since I'm finally logged in), it's just that scrambled page is there on the Welcome screen.
    Post edited by Unknown User on