Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game opens and gets to the loading screen but then it closes by itself a few seconds later?

Any help would be much appreciated as it's doing my head in!

Comments

• Options
    BrightFashionBrightFashion Posts: 4,090 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I can't update the game with the newest patch either.

When it closes I get a little pop-up saying...

'Exception raised

Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000004 at address 0x00cf138b.
    Do you wish to debug it?'

Then it gives me a choice of yes and no. I've tried clicking both but it doesn't do anything.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    When I try and install the patch it says 'Please re-install' and 'View Logs'.

When I view the logs all of it's in black writing apart from this bit which is in red.

Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/DeltaPackages/p08/code_version.txt -> SHA1 Error
    Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/DeltaPackages/p08/content_version.txt -> SHA1 Error
    Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/DeltaPackages/p08/DeltaBuild_p08.package -> SHA1 Error
    Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/DeltaPackages/p09/code_version.txt -> SHA1 Error
    Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/DeltaPackages/p09/content_version.txt -> SHA1 Error
    Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/DeltaPackages/p09/DeltaBuild_p09.package -> SHA1 Error

I don't know what to do :( Please help!
  • Options
    DemolitionDollDemolitionDoll Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the same problems! When I click the play button it just goes black, blink and then go back with the message (something like this, since it's in swedish)

Can not start the game

Serivestart failed (0x024e424f)

And then there are all these updates all the time! And when I update it says I should re-install it again! The whole thing? Not only Pets but The Sims 3??? And when I click it down It still says I need to update it! It just never ends.

I'm absolutely devastated. Waited years and now this.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I haven't got Pets yet. I just really want to carry on with my legacy and I can't :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Anyone? Please :(
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I still can't find a way to fix it.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I can't find anywhere to email the help center to ask if they know how to fix it :/