Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long is a horse pregnancy in the sims 3 pets

I just mated my horse at the Equestrian Center and i hear the chime i just want to know how long is the horses pregnancy

Comments

• Options
    SmajorSmajor Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    My horse has been pregnant for four days now, still waiting...
  • Options
    leanbean17leanbean17 Posts: 164 Member
    edited November 2011
    I think up to 6 sims days? I'm not sure though!
  • Options
    SmajorSmajor Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    turns out that it's three days... i just thought it was four -.- sorry...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited November 2011
    If you play another house for a simday, pregnancies elsewhere will go quicker, even if you play with ageing off. At least this is so for sims, suppose it's the same for animals.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    My horse has been pregent for NINE DAYS!!! How long are they really pregent for; is my game messed up?!?!?!? :cry:
  • Options
    LalaKassieeeLalaKassieee Posts: 16 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, Sims3fan1986. I know this is sooooo late and you've probably already figured out, but I am still going to answer. I made a test family, to see what actualy happens. (This is all sim time btw) My unicorn is the mother & reg. horse is the father if you wondered, tried for a foal on Tuesday, around 1:30 pm. I heard the little chime. Then on Wednesday, at about 1:30 am I found out she was pregnant. Finally, on Thursday at 1:35 pm she gave birth to a baby boy unicorn. Anyway, it really should only take you 3 sims day, and should occur around the same time. Hope this helped! :)
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited December 2011
    Hey hun, well its should only be 3-4 days, BUT if you have 5 pets in the household already even though the limit is 6 sometimes it won't let you have the baby. Also if you currently have 6 pets and your mare is preggers then it for sure won't let you have the baby. The 5 pets thing is a bug. I have had it happen where I have 5 pets in the household and my mare gets preggers and she won't give birth until I get rid of one of my pets. SOMETIMES you can just breed her again and it works. Sorry, I know this sucks, but the Sims 3 pets is super buggy ATM.
  • Options
    emosim247emosim247 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    My horse has been pregs for a week, and counting -_-
  • Options
    Lauren4411Lauren4411 Posts: 203 New Member
    edited December 2011
    3+ sim days, i think some people just think it seems like ages, i think the maximum is 6, but im not sure.
  • Options
    gymnast321gymnast321 Posts: 8
    edited December 2011
    My horse was only pregnant for 3 or 4 days (not really sure) and at that time I had 4 pets and 1 sim
  • Options
    Thailand101Thailand101 Posts: 30
    edited December 2011
    I think it varies /:
    My first horse pregnancy lasted 3/4 days but I know some of my friends have had horses pregnant for a week and sometimes even up to 2 weeks!

Hope this helps!

Thailand101 :D
  • Options
    Tazm1nTazm1n Posts: 1,131 Member
    edited December 2011
    Pretty sure the max time is 3 days. Any longer and your pet is bugged, what usually works is taking it out of the household and moving it back in again. This seems to reset it.
  • Options
    jodielovessis3jodielovessis3 Posts: 6
    edited January 2012
    I have had my two horses mate twice now and she still isn't regnant whats going on? :(
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2012
    In my game, lifepsan is set at Normal (unaltered 90 days).
    Pregnancy lasts 3 days.
    Foals aged up after 5 days.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I have had my two horses mate twice now and she still isn't regnant whats going on? :(

Bad luck. Sometimes it takes many more times than just two. Keep trying and have fun!
  • Options
    jodielovessis3jodielovessis3 Posts: 6
    edited January 2012
    It hasn't even told me that she is pregnant yet but i heard the charms and saw all the love hearts and this has happened twice does it tell you if the horse is pregnant straight away?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It hasn't even told me that she is pregnant yet but i heard the charms and saw all the love hearts and this has happened twice does it tell you if the horse is pregnant straight away?

The charm/bell tone does indicate conception, yes. Congrats!
  • Options
    kruiz185kruiz185 Posts: 11
    edited November 2012
    My horse was preggers for 3 days and sometimes your game will glitch and you have to wait 3 more days but trust me it is fine if it is 6 days. TRUST ME!!! lol

:D

-kruiz185
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    When you hear the bells it doesn't tell you straight away it tells you like in 1-2 days. And if you do not believe me i have to tell you i am an expert at the sims 3 and i have all there games.
    :D if you have any more questions post a comment i'll be trying to check everyday for questions so ya. I will respond as soon as POSSIBLE!

-kruiz185
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Okay so i'm gonna tell you how to get a unicorn and other stuff step by step.

step 1-open the cheat sheet "CTRL-SHIFT-C"
    step 2-type in "testingcheatsenabled true"
    step 3-shift click on the unicorn and click "Add to active household aka family"
    step fun-if you shift click on your mail box and click "make needs static" then it makes you needs all happy and they stay that way until you log out and you have to type the cheat all over.

:D
    -kruiz185
  • Options
    16Jenn16Jenn Posts: 254 Member
    edited November 2012
    I believe 3 days.
  • Options
    MadelizeKotzeDMadelizeKotzeD Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Hey how do I create a unicorn?