Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone here play with Late Night installed?

From what I've heard most people dont install late night because of the celebrities and vampires forced upon us in the normal towns.
Does anyone here play late night and if so how do you cope with the annoying celebrity status?
I really want the city buildings and late night objects but can't bring myself to install the expansion :lol:

Comments

• Options
    pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited October 2011
    for the most part I just Ignored it, but if you don't want the Celebrity status, dont talk to any.
  • Options
    toffeecremetoffeecreme Posts: 507 New Member
    edited October 2011
    twallans master controller and story progression mods to disallow celebritys and vampires :)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have LN installed, but I also have mods installed. I don't have any vamps or celebs in my games.
  • Options
    4utumn4utumn Posts: 280 Member
    edited October 2011
    I've had late installed for a VERY long time but without mods such as Twallans Story Progression it wouldn't be staying. I like the idea behind celebrities and vampires but when the entire town is either one it takes away the point of them.

So I play so that there are NO vampires or celebrities and then use master controller to make vampires and celebrities of my choosing.
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited October 2011
    I play LN with no mod & I've just learned to ignore the vampire/celeb thing.
    I really like LNs added game features & objects so worth tolerating NPC infestation. :roll:
    Theres no getting away from them(without mod)once EP is installed they will show up in every world you play in. :wink:
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    PinkDaggerPinkDagger Posts: 912
    edited October 2011
    Grudgingly. It was the last one I installed (until Pets hopefully sometime today) because all I wanted was the piano and piano skill. I also use Twallan's mods, though since LN was still so new to me, I was toying with the vampires and celebrity status and didn't turn them off yet.
  • Options
    Strawberry275Strawberry275 Posts: 7,774
    edited October 2011
    I have it installed with no mods but I usually just ignore the people in town (sounds cruel, I know) I also have a tendency to build fences round all my houses with locked gates :shock:
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited October 2011
    i loved the stuff LN added but the vamp/celeb thing was really driving me nuts, then i got Twallens mods!! i especially appreciate being able to get rid of the papparazzi with the register mod i think it is. I still have vamps and celebs in my game but i can limit how they spread
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited October 2011
    for the most part I just Ignored it, but if you don't want the Celebrity status, dont talk to any.

That doesn't work. Your sim can go into a rabbit hole and come out a celebrity.

So far, story progression off, and kicking out all EA made sims has kept the celeb plague to a minimum in my game. I don't have a problem with vampires.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have it installed and they do not bother me. I would have liked to be able to have or not have the Vampires but I can ignore them. :)

The celebrity status can be annoying sometimes.
  • Options
    dtyuidtyui Posts: 483 Member
    edited October 2011
    I play with late night installed. The celebrity thing and vampires don't really bother me.
  • Options
    Michael8262Michael8262 Posts: 969 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have story progression off in Sunset Valley and there are no vampires or celebrities!
  • Options
    SteelerGemmaSteelerGemma Posts: 91
    edited October 2011
    I have LN installed, the only thing that tends to bother me is the 'Sims name was seen peeing on herself in public' and the negative moodlet for three days and loss of friends that comes with that sort of comment! i use cheats to delete the negative moodlets and get my friendship relationships back up to full :)
  • Options
    Frank19cbaFrank19cba Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    I've downloaded Twallans SP to delete all the vampires and celebrities off my game but I couldn't figure out how to do it! Can someone please help me?!?
    PD: I'm not native english speaker, I'm sorry if this comment is badly written.
  • Options
    KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited October 2011
    Rofl. What a weird question to ask on the LN forum where you can see manymanymany posts by people talking about the EP and their gameplay.. :D

Anyway, yes I have it and I have Twallan's mods to keep it from breaking my game.
  • Options
    aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited October 2011
    lol I actually started this post on the general forum but its been moved :lol:

Could somebody please explain what the twallan mod does with vamps and celebs? I'd like to get it but dont want a bunch of weird options on city hall or the pc in my game either :(
  • Options
    KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited October 2011
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that explains it then! :D

With Twallan's Story Progression you can set the base number of vampires to sims to whatever you like. I have it set to 0 So that no vampires will autonomously spawn all over everywhere and usually have one or two vampire families in the town only.

SP also allows you to fiddle with the celebrity status settings somewhat, but I use Master Controller to take the celebrity status off sims I don't want to have it :)

The good thing about Nraas mods is that you only get that one extra opton when you click on for example the city hall, a computer or sims and that says "Nraas", then if you choose to click on that (which you dont have to do once the settings are set,unless you want to)it takes you to more options.

It's all really simple and clean and personally, I couldn't live without those mods, they make my game playable. Plus they're trustworthy and always up to date.

(:
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2011
    i have it, i do want to turn off the celeb thing, or atleast make it so i only have like 2 celebs.. don't mind the vampires.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited October 2011
    Twallans mods made me forget all about Celebs and Vamps. :lol:
  • Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited October 2011
    I play with Late Night. It gives me the best chance of band gigs. What I did was go into all the Vamp families and get the potion to make them normal, saved each family, sorted sundry sims out, copied them too. Then I sorted the Venues, including parks, grave yard etc, copied them. Once I had a copy of everything sorted, I deleted the city, loaded a 'new game' moved everyone out, bulldozed everything and replaced everything with my copies. Took time but it was worth it. It's a pleasure to play now. [I made a copy of the 'new Bridgeport in case something goes wrong]