Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feeling some story writing blues

So, yeah, I do have a lot of Sims blogs/stories going on

And all up, sometimes I do wonder why. because they just don't seem to ever attract much attention. So I'm thinking about stopping.

What's wrong with them? I haven't a clue.

---

Blogs in question.

Sims 3 Short Stories - This is the newest of my blogs. Basically stories that don't fit Hi Mum (nudity, language, plot line or it's just plain wrong for Sam). Stories here have more plot and are better written then any of the others.

Hi Mum, It's Sammy - my second oldest blog. Sam Grant gets thrown into whatever the heck I feel like doing at the time. Can be read like a series of short stories where the main character is the same but the situation changes each time. When writing about a new Sammy, this blog is very active. It can be a long time between Sammy clones.

World Adventures with the Grant Family - This was an offshot of Hi Mum, Sam was dressed Indiana Jones style, and the family just kept going. This blog has fairly steady influx of posts, generally one a week. Sometimes more or less though. Legacy style game.

Art Flows Through - Another offshot of Hi Mum, this one by popular demand. Currently trying to publish at least one update per month. While not strictly a legacy, it's nearly one.

The SV Times (previously the Adventures with Sims 3) This is my oldest Sims 3 blog. Sims in the neighborhood are allowed to do what they like with free will maxed. The neighborhoods behind the blog have changed three times. Once due to me losing track, once due to excess deaths of toddlers/babies and the current incarnation. Now written as a newspaper with reporters and sometimes a few bio pages to introduce families to newer readers. Very different but not recommended for a casual stroll.

My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)

Comments

• Options
    BordelinskiBordelinski Posts: 919
    edited October 2011
    What happens is that people tend to read without commenting. I know I do, sometimes. My favorite quote:

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. " --Cyril Connolly
  • Options
    Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    edited October 2011
    Well, blogger added stats to the blogs and the stats are down too.

The short story blog is only getting a little more attention while it's active then it was during the long breaks between stories.

Have to finish that story but it hurts my little self to see that.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    seaweedyseaweedy Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited October 2011
    I hope you will continue, Nicarra. Your writing is quality stuff and I am a fan!
  • Options
    ne0catsne0cats Posts: 432
    edited October 2011
    Do you run around the forums drawing attention to your blogs? Thats what I do :D It seems to work because the days I don't are the days I have low viewing stats. But while I'm here I'll read yours (:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    seaweedy wrote:
    I hope you will continue, Nicarra. Your writing is quality stuff and I am a fan!
    awwww, thanks Seaweedy. And you follow enough blogs to seriously know what's good.
  • Options
    FlyingAce_07FlyingAce_07 Posts: 192
    edited October 2011
    What happens is that people tend to read without commenting. I know I do, sometimes.

I'm guilty of that myself :oops: I'm an avid reader of most of your blogs, and am always on the lookout for an update... thing is, most of the time I'm reading the new posts on my phone, so I make a mental note to comment later (and then forget, I'm absent-minded like that). Or when I try to comment right away, my phone browser starts acting up and my comment won't go through, so I make a mental not to comment later... back to step one ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    What happens is that people tend to read without commenting. I know I do, sometimes.

I'm guilty of that myself :oops: I'm an avid reader of most of your blogs, and am always on the lookout for an update... thing is, most of the time I'm reading the new posts on my phone, so I make a mental note to comment later (and then forget, I'm absent-minded like that). Or when I try to comment right away, my phone browser starts acting up and my comment won't go through, so I make a mental not to comment later... back to step one ;)
    Well, if I go to long without posting, it's probably time to leave messages or I'll come to the conclusion that no one cares.

Though next month I doubt I'll post much at all due to trying NaNoWriMo (write a 50,000 word in November) But I've been having doubts about posting after that since it has been looking like no one cares.

Maybe that was mostly an illusion.