Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I would like the sims to have more facial expression. Even when they are performing loving actions sometimes their faces just don't reflect the mood. I'd also like them to smile when they are in a good mood, or otherwise do cheerful things. Part of the 'lifeless' feel I see wtih the sims has to do with how quickly their expressions change after they perform an action.

Likewise, if a sim breaks up or is broken up with their should be a moodlet, like 'broken hearted' or something, so that reflects the way they are feeling. Sims rebound really quickly from things, so they can be flirty one second angry another.

If a sim has a great date, I'd like them for instance, to be in too good a mood to be grumpy or mean to another sim. If they have a bad date, the chances of them performing a negative action should be higher.
  • Options
    jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited October 2011
    I would love painted nails and toenails without using CC. In the real world I have very long sharp square acrylic nails and have since I was 16! (I haven't seen my nails since 2005). I can never go barefoot without polish on my toenails either in the real world. :lol:

In nightlife there was that pretty blue halter dress that looked like a middle eastern ensemble (I'm Italian American and olive skinned dark haired, so I always gave my Sim self that dress), and it gave her red painted nails. Sims 2 players, remember that dress? Anyone?
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2011
    Valandis wrote:
    Computers are getting better all the time these years, I wouldn't be surprised if computers could become good enough when Sims 4 comes out so that there won't be any need for rabbitholes.

Except that newer games are designed with those computers in mind and automatically tax them heavily. Rabbit holes will probably still be needed.
    If not, they could at least make less rabbitholes.

Hmm... Actually, agreed.
    What I want is more customization, especially creating your sim.
    More options when making your eyes like hazel eyes and making your own
    hair! I've died for this option since Sims1. Adjustable height would be nice too.

Adjustable height probably won't happen within your or my lifetimes. The issues with it are not something they can solve any time soon, and they're not just something that throwing more processing power at the program can fix.

And, agreed a bit on customization, though you can kinda do that now with the eyes.
    More options when creating your lot/house. Being able to place more things
    on other things, more ways to place your things and adjusting height to things on the wall + having more things on the same wall.

You can adjust the height of things that go on the wall now. I've been sticking security alarms under lamps off and on ever since World Adventures.
    Making sims being able to reach things that they couldn't reach before: Like strecthing out to reach something on a shelf or bend down to reach something under a chair.

Could do that.
    Having more traits would be nice, and maybe even 6 traits if there's A LOT of traits in Sims 4.

Probably won't. As they've demonstrated with Pets, they had no need to restrict the sims to only 5 traits. This makes me think the real reasoning is game balance, which means it won't change if they use traits again unless it ends up a lower number.
    Being able to swim again in the ocean would be nice, I have no idea why it's still not possible in Sims 3 because they can swim in pools, and what's the point of a beach if you can only fish there?

A lot of speculation that swimming in the ocean comes with Seasons.

And, actually, I think they were using the oceans and rivers as a form of artificial game wall. Same with a lot of the mountains they use. Thus, why no swimming in them.
    I also wish they could make an in-game customization for the neighbour where you can make roads, paths, forests, etc. Like a world-creator within the game itself.

EA apparently hates CC. Not likely to happen.
    In all, I want more customization and less rabbitholes. It would also be nice if they added lots of stuff like animals, weather (seasons), city life, etc. that would typically be in a Sims 1,2,3 expansion to the first game itself.

Would make the basegame too big. I don't mean for us to install; if ten gig is too big today, you really should either upgrade your computer or consider seppuku. I mean for putting on discs.

And if they do downloads? They actually need to go smaller than Sims 3 base game is. This is due to the way the infrastructure of the U.S. is.
    A lot of people will hate me for this, but (as stated in a previous post in another thread) I would love an option to live in the same neighbourhood as someone else online and play together. BUT that it won't affect the game itself and the game won't revolve around the online possibilites, just being able to play with someone else. If so, I want them to make it so that you can hide your neighbourhood away and make it so that other people online cannot find it so that you can play on your own in peace alone or with some selected people.
    If I'm playing and my friend isn't playing, their sims could move on their own or the house could be in hybernation so that I cannot see inside it and the sims themselves will be on pause inside it until that person logs on.

This idea actually has possibilities... and will likely never happen because it wouldn't be profitable for EA to encourage people to take breaks from the game. Oh, yeah, and you'd have to pay a monthly fee for it.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited October 2011
    Height sliders are just not possible for a game like sims. And given the fact that people are making much less than before all over the world, it's safe to say people aren't going to be rushing out for 2,500 dollar computers to play sims 4. We have them in a lot of other games but if you think about this alot of times those interactions do not fit when matched up against someone else. For sims to have a heightslider for each adjusted height level their will need to be a new animation. That is a lot of developement time that EA will just say no to. Rightfully so, developemetn should go more towards gameplay not appearances. If anything i'd say asthetics before appearances/graphics. Why people associate more of what they feel with what they see.

That is why taking the sim emotional ai out the game and replacing it with moodlets was a bad decision. As users cannot get the feel of their sims being lively by reading about it they actually need to associate it by seeing it. They are better off with that level of detail than they are trying dumb down the game even more for height sliders. Because that will actually happen, height sliders will kill developement time for everything else.

Animals and weather are not big development things honestly especially for base game. Weather is more of an illusion thing for open world games. Seasons change and you'll see a snow across your screen usually a animation that loops over and over and the ground becomes covered in snow. Rain and such are the same. It's just that sims tradition has always made pets an expansion. I'm sure the same will be for a Seasons type expansion as well. Though i also agree it should be base game by now. I even think time and developement won't allow for it.

I think talent is talent when it comes to this industry. It depends on where your talent lies. It's rare to find people who hare multi talented, most people are very strong in one aspect and very weak in another. So having the imagination to develope a game, to be artisitc, know coding, know animation, and know how to really problem solve and put pieces of a puzzle together. Most of all have an understanding your game isn't for you to play it's for others to play so having a true understanding of your audience is important as well.

Really understanding what is the recipe to your game is important when making sequels. I believe at the beginning of sims 3 this team did not quite truly understand that sims is more than just a game. It truly is a toy, a doll house. It's a genre of its own, there is no simulation game like that or can even compare to it. It's also very easy to misjudge what the value of sims is. Many of us sift through the forums, through stories, through youtube videos, and the exchange. If you are a person who just don't get what is so special about sims what is the first conclusion you'll come too. Sims is about telling stories. So it's an honest view point and in truth they are somewhat right. However that is only a small fraction of what sims is capable of. Find and learning what level to take this game to and how to use the talents the team does have, I honestly don't envy them. It's a time period for lots of mistakes and lots of learning which leads to lots of criticism from fans who know this game can be better.
  • Options
    klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited October 2011
    Doubtful that it will EVER happen but I would love a multi-player version of The Sims. Not a full blown online world where I can only control one person and am playing with a bunch of random strangers but, rather, a game that I can play with my sister who lives several states away from me or with my husband via a LAN connection or even better, with both at the same time. Each world you play in would be password protected and all of the people who entered it would need to know the name and password of that world before they could enter it. Think Diablo II via Battlenet.

I hope that they keep the open world. A loading screen for each venue was horribly annoying. Plus, I enjoy being able to walk around the town with my sims. I actually don't mind having rabbit holes because they allow me to play my world as a whole instead of one piece at a time. And, by sending one sim to a rabbit hole job, I have plenty of time to focus on another sim from that household. Micromanaging several sims while they're at work doesn't sound like fun to me at all which is why generally only one sim per household is employed in one of the Ambitions careers.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    A Windows 7 with Nvida graphics card and improved memory is what I really want for Christmas this year. I'm thinking there will be two more EP's and three more SP's before Sims 4 so that's a total of five more Sims 3 games until then. Sims and Sims 2 were very Simple. They had their glitches, but they eventually got fixed as soon as the next EP or SP game out. Naturally, with every new game, you need to keep everything up to date, but if Sims 3 is dumping and crashing now, I won't be rushing out for Sims 4 right away.
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hint: If you want to be more mature with sims 3 they have stuff for that or they used to at mod the sims Im not going to say anything more about that. I don't think there is going to be a sims 4 because they can't just keep re doing the same ideas over and over agian.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    LDYCAPONELDYCAPONE Posts: 197 New Member
    edited October 2011
    WHY EA WHY?!
    You know they are out to put us in stress mode right? Sims4 I can just imagine how screwed up its going to be but eh, I still look forward to playing it and complaining about it :D woo hoo.

System requirements are going to be a 4d monitor with voice command and hands free mouse and keyboard. LOL (go figure ... ?)
  • Options
    dedakidedaki Posts: 74 New Member
    edited October 2011
    HE BABIES ARE SO STUPID WITH THOSE PINK/BLUE THINGS. PUT THEM AWAY SIMS 4! PLZ! ALSO SIMS MAYBE COULD SWIM INTO THE SEA?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    dedaki wrote:
    HE BABIES ARE SO STUPID WITH THOSE PINK/BLUE THINGS. PUT THEM AWAY SIMS 4! PLZ! ALSO SIMS MAYBE COULD SWIM INTO THE SEA?

sheldoncooperaprovesseal.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    edited October 2011
    It would be nice if every now and then a boy would get a pink one and a girl blue..since it used to be the other way around.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    mosneakersmosneakers Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited October 2011
    I completely understand that EA will definitely NOT consider raising the rating to M, however I think they should push the envelope just a tiny bit more!
  • Options
    kaisersimkaisersim Posts: 11
    edited October 2011
    I agree with the whole Sims 3 baby thing. In the Sims 4, it would be really nice if the babies could have proper clothes, that we could customize to suit the baby. Nothing to extreme though, just a sleep-suit or something.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited October 2011
    kaisersim wrote:
    I agree with the whole Sims 3 baby thing. In the Sims 4, it would be really nice if the babies could have proper clothes, that we could customize to suit the baby. Nothing to extreme though, just a sleep-suit or something.

yes and as well as actual legs !! :)
  • Options
    andyb9274andyb9274 Posts: 307 Member
    edited October 2011
    Good lifestates like the ones in TS2, like aliens, werewolves, servos (sorry, but Simbots don't cut it for me.)

That humour and goofyness that was in TS1 & TS2.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    andyb9274 wrote:
    Good lifestates like the ones in TS2, like aliens, werewolves, servos (sorry, but Simbots don't cut it for me.)

That humour and goofyness that was in TS1 & TS2.

Servos! Oh dear gods yes! Those things were my favorite after plantsims in Sims 2.

Reminds me, Plantsims. Definitely.

Not too keen on werewolves. Sims 4 will probably screw them up in appearance.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    edited October 2011
    Don't hate me!!

this is what I think should happen for gender preferences in Sims4:

1)CAS sim choose gender preference in CAS
    2)born-in game-chose gender preference at birth.

I only saying this because the way the game is now that sims start off at bi-sexual implies gay=choice..which to me is wrong.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    MadameLee wrote:
    Don't hate me!!

this is what I think should happen for gender preferences in Sims4:

1)CAS sim choose gender in CAS
    2)born-in game-chose gender preference at birth.

I only saying this because the way the game is now that sims start off at bi-sexual implies gay=choice..which to me is wrong.

Leave it open for people to choose bisexual or asexual as well. Then you've got the four primary preferences covered.

And, hey, imagine how interesting it would be doing a legacy and have one of the sims as asexual :wink:
  • Options
    Anabee344Anabee344 Posts: 223
    edited October 2011
    I do like your idea but it's a little too extreme..If they made this, the game would be EXTREMELY laggy. I really hope they keep the open world, though. That was a great and progressive change to the sims series..