The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just great.

My game just decided to close on me without any warning after 5 HOURS of non-stop playing. I didn't save it at all and now all of my hard work went down the toilet.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I found Lord knows how many rocks and gems and now they're all goooooooooonne!!!
Woe as me... :(

Comments

• Options
    snookysnooky Posts: 304 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i am sorry about that, but why would you play that long without saving!
  • Options
    HandtHandt Posts: 333 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had that happen before too. I save obsessively now.
  • Options
    hippolover87hippolover87 Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Always save! I save every 30 minutes or so but if your computer randomly closes the game I would save every 10 minutes.
  • Options
    tofu_goodnesstofu_goodness Posts: 418 New Member
    edited June 2009
    snooky wrote:
    i am sorry about that, but why would you play that long without saving!
    Because I get too into the gameplay and I don't think about saving until I'm finished lol.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow, sorry for your loss. It's happened to me before and I learned to save and save often!
  • Options
    Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    edited June 2009
    I save every 1 to 2 sim days. Never know when the game is going to decide to go wonky. Lost enough TS2 progress that way.. :cry:
  • Options
    dangadriandangadrian Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My game does that only when my laptop overheats.. so I bought a cooling pad and I don't have that problem anymore.

Yeah, its smart to save at least every 30mins - 1hour or so.
  • Options
    Gouka989Gouka989 Posts: 976 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm sorry tofu_goodness, it's a real pain to lose that much work. :cry: The moral is as people here are saying is to save, and save often. In fact, at major points I usually start up a new save game for the family.
  • Options
    RebeccaBRebeccaB Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's not just you, my game does that too... *cries* I HAD A ROACKSTAR *cries even more*

My game somehow grew out of it after I started saving regularly. I just think of it as a test and thought to myself, which is more important, extra gameplay or extra baked up info I DON'T have to redo
  • Options
    dangadriandangadrian Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Robyn536 wrote:
    I save every 1 to 2 sim days. Never know when the game is going to decide to go wonky. Lost enough TS2 progress that way.. :cry:

Ohh, sim day increments seems like a smart way to save. 8)

• Options
    tofu_goodnesstofu_goodness Posts: 418 New Member
    edited June 2009
    RebeccaB wrote:
    It's not just you, my game does that too... *cries* I HAD A ROCKSTAR *cries even more*

I had a rockstar too! Lol.
    I've learned my lesson, though. I will save obsessively now.
  • Options
    LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had that happen and not only did I lose progress I lost my entire game. The backup file and the save file both were no good. The family and house were just dotted outlines in the launcher and every time I clicked play it just sat there doing nothing. So I had to start all over again. I was almost to generation 3. But On the up side I was able to do a couple of things differently but still losing all my game play from day 1 was pretty upsetting.
  • Options
    ChikimunkiChikimunki Posts: 183 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If anything interesting or important happened that Sim-day I save while they sleep. I fool myself into thinking they are going to wake up sooner that way. :roll:
  • Options
    BusterJimmyDaisyBusterJimmyDaisy Posts: 172 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I save every single sim day. I'm just getting used to the game, so I never know when I cause a horrible mess up.(Like I didthe last time I played....) :oops:
  • Options
    Ronin2rxRonin2rx Posts: 682 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Gouka989 wrote:
    I'm sorry tofu_goodness, it's a real pain to lose that much work. :cry: The moral is as people here are saying is to save, and save often. In fact, at major points I usually start up a new save game for the family.
    I do the same thing, i make a new save before getting married, having a kid...anything major.
    Other than that i normally save every day or two "gametime" 8)