Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goodbye Steve Jobs.

I don't know if this is the right area to put this, but I did think that since it was Mac Discussions, then I'd get away with placing this here.

I woke up this morning and heard the news that Steve Jobs has Died. There is a "memorial page" on the apple website, which I have seen.

I don't really know what to feel, since I didn't know Steve in person, but, as Ii sit writing this at my iMac, I know how he changed the world of computing forever. Maybe I could go further than that. He changed the world.

If you, like me, want to leave respects to Steve, or would like to share your thoughts, then please post them below.

--WibbleLikeAJelly

RIP Steve

Comments

• Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited October 2011
    Very sad news. :cry:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2011
    Glad to see this here -- was hoping to find some mention.

It was late afternoon California time when the news was announced. I was in the car with my husband, ironically within a few miles of Jobs' home, when the word came over the radio. Pretty much immediately, my Twitter timeline exploded with words of grief and praise, and condolences to Jobs' family.

Tonight, my husband and I drove over to Apple headquarters (1 Infinite Loop) in Cupertino; we live just a few miles down the road in Sunnyvale. There was a large group of people gathered around a bench that had become a memorial, with flowers, candles, signs; someone even briefly placed her iPad there showing Jobs' photo from the Apple website. Many of those present were Apple employees; I spoke with a few of them. The last such grief I'd seen for a CEO's death was probably when the founders of Hewlett-Packard passed away, and they'd pretty much stepped away from the company before they passed. Lost track of the number of news vans and satellite trucks we saw there; not just the local ones preparing for the late night news broadcasts, but trucks from CNN and other networks for their tech related shows.

Been using Apple products off and on since the early 1980s, when my then-boyfriend had an Apple II and I would do data entry using VisiCalc for him. (Yes, I'm old.) My husband and I bought our first computer, a clamshell iBook, in mid 2001; that was the machine where I played the first iteration of The Sims. Sims 2 was played on my next computer, a white iBook. By Sims 3, we had our desktop iMac, and I loved having the larger screen on which to play and create. We have the iMac, my MacBook which is my travel computer, my iPod, and my iPhone. We're an Apple family, and there's no turning back. They just work -- that's all I ask.

Blessings and peace to Steve Jobs' family and friends.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Polinaki19Polinaki19 Posts: 858 Member
    edited October 2011
    Although this has nothing to do with sims 3 i think that every household on this planet owns something designed by apple so we should owe him respect. I am actually writing this on my iPhone right now! He has really changed the way we see technology and he was always two steps ahead of all other firms. R.I.P. Steve, you'll be missed!
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited October 2011
    original.jpg"width=600""height=730"
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited October 2011
    I thought my sister was making a sick joke when she mentioned he died, I'm bummed about it.
    I know a lot of people are weirdly anti-apple products but I really believe that he made a helluva difference to computer users everywhere.
    I spent a long time using microsoft products, a friend introduced me into macs (I did have an ipod before this, but it's not the same as a computer. haha) in about 2004 and they have become my preference for sure!

Poor guy
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited October 2011
    jobs-candle_2019386c.jpg
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    edited October 2011
    The first computer I ever used was a mac, my first computer purchase was a mac, everything I've ever created was done on a mac.

Apple and Steve Jobs have had a huge influence on my life and creativity.

Thanks for making this thread.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs
  • Options
    xMag1995xxMag1995x Posts: 132 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I've just started with Macs, and I consider myself a part of the family. It's so sad that he's gone. :-(
  • Options
    Bonnie1209Bonnie1209 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Very sad news. The man was a genius. RIP Steve.
  • Options
    ItzmeeItzmee Posts: 2,729 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm really glad to see this here. He changed so many peoples lives and I want to give my condolences to the family, his friends and Apple Inc.

Steve was a great guy. He believed that he could change the world. His belief turned into a reality. He's had a pretty tough life battling sicknesses as well as the press. I was shocked when I heard the news about his passing. He had so much more to do to the world and his great ideas, enthusiasm and presence will be missed. I'm glad to know that he lived to see the new iPod's and iPhone be announced. I only wish that he hadn't passed away. He was a fairly young person for what he had achieved in his life and I'm sure he had much more to achieve. Steve Jobs. You will be missed. Not only by me but everyone else who you have been apart of to change their lives. Thank you Steve. You believed you could change the world, and you did.
  • Options
    MFabianMFabian Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2011

I have had an Apple fixation since my first Apple 11 Computer lived in my household. I believe that BluebellFlora has said exactly what I would say about the man, this Forum is speaking to, none other, then the icon himself, Steve Jobs
    So sad so very sad. I will miss you Steve Jobs, especially your live announcements of new apple products. I own at least one in each category, iPhone, iMac, MacBook Pro, iTV, & iPod, and the many older versions that proceeded these, with one exception, the Lisa Computer.
    We will miss Him, Farewell to you the Man, the Inventor and the Innovator.

• Options
    bigfluffylumpsbigfluffylumps Posts: 216 New Member
    edited October 2011
    R.I.P., to the radical genius. I could not imagine being able to do anything work-related (freelance photography) without my MacBookPro.

Mac has truly changed the world. It is how I can sit here in Sweden on a Mac, and someone else sits in the US on a Mac, and so forth.

Condolences to his family, from all us Simming Mac Folk.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2011
    MFabian wrote:
    I have had an Apple fixation since my first Apple 11 Computer lived in my household. I believe that BluebellFlora has said exactly what I would say about the man, this Forum is speaking to, none other, then the icon himself, Steve Jobs
    So sad so very sad. I will miss you Steve Jobs, especially your live announcements of new apple products. I own at least one in each category, iPhone, iMac, MacBook Pro, iTV, & iPod, and the many older versions that proceeded these, with one exception, the Lisa Computer.
    We will miss Him, Farewell to you the Man, the Inventor and the Innovator.

At the Tuesday iPhone 4S rollout, there was a front row seat draped in black with a "Reserved" sign on it; turned out that was going to be for Steve to attend the presentation, but apparently Apple heard from the family he was too ill to make it. That may have explained why much of the presentation was subdued; obviously Tim Cook and the other Apple execs had a lot on their mind but they had to go on with the presentation to keep the media from descending onto the Jobs household. :cry:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited October 2011
    At the Tuesday iPhone 4S rollout, there was a front row seat draped in black with a "Reserved" sign on it; turned out that was going to be for Steve to attend the presentation, but apparently Apple heard from the family he was too ill to make it. That may have explained why much of the presentation was subdued; obviously Tim Cook and the other Apple execs had a lot on their mind but they had to go on with the presentation to keep the media from descending onto the Jobs household. :cry:

That is so sad and would explain why the presentation was somewhat lacklustre :cry:
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited October 2011

That is so sad and would explain why the presentation was somewhat lacklustre :cry:

I was thinking the exact same thing. They had to have known. It must have been awful to present under those circumstances.
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited October 2011
    IRIP Steve Jobs

I see him as our time greatest inventor, he has been so innovative that everyone else was copying him and looking at apple to follow them.
    He will be missed. Its a sad day that might slow down the coming of the future...

I just really hope apple can continue without him... because as everyone else here, i love my apple products and would hate it if they can't keep the high level we love them for.

Thank you stilljustme2 for the insight at apples headcounters.

• Options
    Bel008Bel008 Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited October 2011
    Having always used Macs at home. I was really sad when I heard he had died.
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited October 2011
    Stinalina wrote:
    I just really hope apple can continue without him...

I'm sure they will, I read in the paper at school this morning that he personally made sure that they were ready with blueprints for products that won't be released for another three or four years yet... After that, though, there might be some worrying :(
  • Options
    DestinysCreaturesDestinysCreatures Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited October 2011
    Mr. Jobs wanted to be at that release of the new I-phone sadly that was the day he passed. I have seen some amazing things said about him from presidents to Bill Gates. He was an Icon and in my life time we have lost another great mind, his spirit will live on. Don't count Apple out many do not think Tim Cook ran that company for years. Steve Jobs so much to so many he always felt he would not live past 40. When he resigned in Aug he knew his time was short. Still he worked up until the end. The out pouring of love for him at the Apple Stores and his company shows what a wonderful community Apple users are. Steve made I-MAC for me it was like paradise we loved him and will miss him greatly.

My condolences to his family for there loss and to all a light has gone out, his company, and his life will not be forgotten, I am sure Mr. Jobs left them plenty to think about before he quietly passed at home. Such a truly sad day for all who knew him, loved him and loved all he did. I know for my family hearing the news was heart breaking we will always support Apple and Steve Jobs gone but never forgotten, rest in peace Mr. Jobs and thank you for all the wonderful products you gave to us.
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited October 2011
    Stinalina wrote:
    I just really hope apple can continue without him...

I'm sure they will, I read in the paper at school this morning that he personally made sure that they were ready with blueprints for products that won't be released for another three or four years yet... After that, though, there might be some worrying :(

Yes, i heart that too. - Very impressive being so sick as he was!
    Lets just hope that he's talent dripped on the coworkers in apple and a few super talented prodigies' are ready to take over at that time...