Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I make my game go faster? Boohoo :(

When I first got my laptop it was up to scratch with the game,it barely ever lagged or anything,now before I get screamed at or something like 'Don't blame the game it's your laptop' I'm not blaming anything. I have deleted CC I don't use,and use some store items but here's some CC I use.

Twallans Mods - MC,Relativty,SP,Overwatch & Error Trap
Mods - No memories mod,pregnancy fixes,digsite fixer.
CC Hair - Like 20 Hairstyles?
Some CC shoes - 1 Pair of boots
Default Skins
CC Eyes - 4 Types
NO CC CLOTHES. I use EA because let's face it,there's nothing really wrong with them?
2 CC Objects - A Fan & Toddler Bed
And poses I have quite a fair few of these about 10 sets of poses.

That's all my CC
353 mb in mods.
539 mb in downloads.

I have 4GB RAM
2.53 GHz Intel Core Duo CPU
and a RADEON HD 4300 Series Graphics card.

EDIT- I'd also like to add that I'm on my 4th Generation which maybe why but I'm not sure.

Soooooo,what should I do?

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2011
    Make the lot smaller, have fewer sims on the lot, remove ALL cc, run overwatcher and error trapper mods. Get a faster CPU, get a better GPU, get more RAM, defrag the hard drive.

All of those will speed up the game.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    ShanmarieShanmarie Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited October 2011
    Defrag the hardrive? I'm not familiar with that one?

And my Simmies are already on a small lot,it's like a starter house that they could only afford,there's only 2 people on the lot.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited October 2011
    You're on your fourth generation - enough said. :lol:

From my own experience and from chatting to fellow sims players, the game just runs out of puff and starts slowing down or generating errors as the generations pile up. You might find it better if you can move your favourites out and start a new hood. Twallan has a Porter mod which will keep the relationships of the ones you move.
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited October 2011
    A complete inventory of the laptop's hardware would need to be done to see where (if) improvements can be made. Example a 7200 rpm hard drive in place of a 5400 rpm hard drive.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.