Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there any way I can (legally) still download the Full Bayside Set?

Well, the question is pretty much in the title :)

I don't want to download from any pirate websites etc... as I have always been against them.

Thanks,
-- Wibble

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited September 2011
    Not unless it's in a compilation and you buy that whole set.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2011
    It's not in a compilation, so no. They might have single items from this set on the dd. So keep checking those.

(I'm assuming here that you didn't buy it when it was available)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Nika127Nika127 Posts: 1,926
    edited September 2011
    I don't think so,but it's true that single items sometimes are on DD so keep looking :D
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited September 2011
    Hi all, thanks for answering!

The reason I ask is because I did buy two items from the set when it was available; the counter and the counter island, and I am pretty annoyed that I can't complete my set :(

I'd really just want the kitchen set... I wish EA wouldn't just remove things completely :(
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited September 2011
    Or when they do, allow those things to be at least packed with lots on the exchange. Why not? EA is no longer making a profit form them so, it would not hurt EA at all to let them go on the exchange free once they leave the store. I'm sure a store content patch could be coded to remove the do not package from them periodically.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited September 2011
    I really want the Bayside Kitchen and the full Storybook set. :(

At least the Bayside bathroom was in the 2010 compilation.
  • Options
    RJGuadagnoRJGuadagno Posts: 186 Member
    edited September 2011
    I honestly don't understand or much like the discontinuation of non-limited edition items. If these were available with the purchase of whatever-expansion or as a purchase incentive (i.e.: Buy x-number of points, get y-set or pre-order reward), then I get it - but there are more people starting to play this game with every expansion, these items should either available FREE in the exchange, or in special sets.

Bring these back... So demands your customers. :)
  • Options
    nedswifenedswife Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited September 2011
    Oh you don't want to get me started!!! LOL. I still do not understand why these sets were discontinued. I mean,the sims 3 is not a game that is going to go on forever....... there will be a sims4 sooner rather than later, so that means that anyone that has bought the game since they discontinued those items, will never have the chance to get them. Oh, and if you download a lot from the exchange and it's full of storybook or bayside or whatever, what do you get? an empty house if you don't have those sets.

IMHO Bayside and Storybook were the 2 best sets and they killed them. At the very least you could bring them back as the 'full sets'.
  • Options
    computertech82computertech82 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited September 2011
    It is pretty bad when dis-continued sets are taken off. Then NEVER to be put back, in the name of greed.
    I agree, they are not making profit on it anymore. At least be nice (show they care about customers, not ONLY money), and just give the old sets aways for free.
    That could go a long way of making people happy toward ea. Right now, it looks more like it's all about the money, screw the customers.
    tron_zps9rppf9ua.jpg
  • Options
    AlessarAlessar Posts: 276 New Member
    edited September 2011
    If anything they should have made Bayside some kind of uber-classic hall of fame type set. I did buy the complete thing way back when and I use the pieces from it all the time. That and Club Vandenberger.
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited September 2011
    Hello

I had a couple of the discontinued sets on my wishlist and hope to get someday list. I totally missed the announcement to get the sets I wanted before they were discontinued (I didn't know they discontinued sets/items) I am so disappointed that I won't be able to get said sets. :( I was hoping that maybe they would be released on disc in the store. If not then like a lot of the people here I am out of luck as well for the sets I want.

Thanks for listening to my rant LOL

charicharn