Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloads are success! but...

When I download from the exchange they are installed successfully but like in CAS I downloaded patterns it shows that I have custom patterns but they are all a blank and when I click on them black.. the patterns are all black.

Comments

• Options
    LDYCAPONELDYCAPONE Posts: 197 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the same problem. I wish someone would answer it.
  • Options
    Kath235Kath235 Posts: 131 Member
    edited June 2009
    This is the same problem that many of us have experienced. I finally figured out when reading info at Mod the Sims that the game is currently not set up to show custom patterns. They do have a tool at their site (MTS) which will install a Resource.cfg file in the correct place in your game(not download folder) which will allow custom content/patterns to work. If you go to MTS, many simmers there seem to be happy with this addition. I ,personally, am going to wait awhile to see if EA might put something like this in their first patch. I would prefer not to have to delete my game if the tool is not compatible with the patch. :(

• Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yea I have just a few like that! And they came from this site! and the ones I wanted just show blank! I even uninstaled those and they still show in the game! So I DNK why! But if they are custom from other sites then we need to maybe install those too? :shock: It would be nice if they give us a tool to make our own and a good tutorial! I know I have the one from MTS site but I am confused with it! I rather see a tool that was like the sims 2? I hope! :mrgreen: