Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Service initialization failed (0x0175d824)

So I have a Dell and I just re-installed my hard drive so that I'd have more room. I uninstalled all my TS3 games (I have all expansion packs) and I re-installed them. I had saved a Save onto a flash drive so that I could continue playing it later (it was late so somehow my foggy mind thought that would work) and needless to say, it didn't. Now I get the error and I don't know what to do. I've removed all custom content so I'm not really sure what's going on.

Any ideas?
Oh, I 'm not the most tech-savvy person so please keep explanations simple ^__^'

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2011
    Whenever I've seen the error: Service initialization failed (0x0175d824), it usually tells me that your Windows registry has leftover damaged and/or corrupt files. Did you clean the registry after uninstalling to insure your reinstall of the games was a clean one?
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).