Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WibbleLikeAJelly's Sunset Valley Renovation - Game Lost During Pets Install - No More Lots Here

6108340447_9a5e8cc310_b.jpg

So, I've been around the Creative Corner for a few weeks now, and it recently occurred to me that many people are starting their own renovations of EA's Sims 3 Worlds.

I love to build on the Sims 3, so this was exactly the kind of side project I'd be into, and thought I'd give it a shot.

It must be said at this point though, that I have dabbled into renovating Sunset Valley before, just to see what I could come up with, but after placing a few apartment blocks and changing all of the community lots to accommodate all EPs currently released, I tend to give up, thinking that it will just be too big a challenge, and a bit too boring for me.

This time I'm serious though.
I'll repeat that again just because I mean it. I'm serious about this one. I felt that placing my work in a post would be good motivation simply because people are going to want to see this, and they'll want updates on what I'm doing.

If I knew how to Extract my version of SV and upload it I would (I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as just exactly how to do that :) ) but for now, this world will just be for me, and me only. Sad... I know :(

I'll post as many pictures as I can for each house, so hopefully that will be enough to show you around!

Anyway...

Happy Simming!

--WibbleLikeAJelly

List of Completed Renovations

House One: The Monotone Download

Current Renovation in Progress

Goth Manor

Upcoming Renovation

Possibly Mosquito Cove

Comments

• Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited September 2011
    House One - The Monotone

Here's house number one, my shot at injecting a new lease of life into EA's "The Monotone".

6108340367_65e42550b5_z.jpg

The Exchange is playing up at the moment so the House is currently unavailable. (Updates soon)

6105875621_853a91ef39_z.jpg

The Living Room is probably my favourite room in the house. I love the deep red colour scheme, and the opposing colours of the sofas. (From Store Set: Collectionne Stäncké)
    6105864227_3a2e4ceb7e_z.jpg

This lounging space with skylight is perfect for Sun Worshipping sims!
    6105861943_5c144f3661_z.jpg

These solar cells (from the Free Store Set: Renault Fluence Z.E.) reduce your Sims' bills because of their energy-efficiency. Up to ten can be added if you wish to cut back any further!
    6105857581_754a70cc99_z.jpg

All comments appreciated!
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited September 2011
    good luck you may find it tenuous but in the end your have a town/ city your sims and you will love.

ive done sunset mant times as each new ep came out. but that town seem jinksed for me as it crahes evertime i get to the 5-6 generation.

Im now or still redeveloping Barnacal Bay adding loads of lots that fello simmers have asked me to build for them. so its nolonger a sleepy sea side island, its now a very lively town heading towards becoming a city!
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited September 2011
    Wow, such a fantastic job on the re-model. I love it! Have bookmarked this thread and will be checking back for future remodels :D
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Wow, such a fantastic job on the re-model. I love it! Have bookmarked this thread and will be checking back for future remodels :D

TYVM as it very much were!

I'm planning to start house two tomorrow. With it being a lot bigger though it will take me a few day to complete perhaps... Even the Monotone took me about two hours to complete!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Just a quick update:

I'm about to start Goth Manor, so that will be up in a few days. Projects probably won't be as frequent after this, as I've got school to go back to on Wednesday.

The Monotone is available for download now! Click here to download.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Goth Manor Update: Exterior Finished!

Before:
    6112278594_76d5b1c48c_z.jpg

After:
    6112280276_9127700f7d_z.jpg

I hope I haven't changed it too much...
    The interior probably won't be out for a while, it's slow going at the moment.

Please comment as ever :)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Wow, the exterior looks fabulous! Can't wait to see it once you've finished.
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    SimSam13SimSam13 Posts: 338 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Looks brilliant, I can't wait to see more!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    strelitzia wrote:
    Wow, the exterior looks fabulous! Can't wait to see it once you've finished.

Thank you, for this house I'm going for a completely different feel to the Monotone; very elegant, yet modern at the same time.
    SimSam13 wrote:
    Looks brilliant, I can't wait to see more!

Thank you for taking a look! I'll hope to get some interior pictures out in a few days... :)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited September 2011
    Hi Wibble, I'm like you, I like to remodel existing EA disasters. :lol:

You've done an excellent job on the Monotone! That's one of my favorites to start my simmies in and after redecorating, they never seem to leave. :mrgreen: I love the living room, nice elegant colors, and the solarium in the back is lovely. :) Rec'd!

The Goth mansion looks up-to-date now. Nice job on the exterior. :-)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimSam13SimSam13 Posts: 338 New Member
    edited September 2011
    How much is the cost (in Simoleons) of your remodelled version of The Monotone (furnished)? I'm just wondering whether it is still available as a starter house like it is originally. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    SimSam13 wrote:
    How much is the cost (in Simoleons) of your remodelled version of The Monotone (furnished)? I'm just wondering whether it is still available as a starter house like it is originally. :)

I can't remember off the top of my head, but it was around either 60 or 80 thousand Simoleans. It would not be available to your sims as a starter home, sorry :)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    If anyone's still watching this thread then I have an update :)

The reason I haven't been able to progress any further recently is because I split my Simming time between two computers, at different houses... I'll be able to work on the houses this weekend, but any further houses will be sent to (or started on) my main computer, so I'll be able to work quicker.
    I started the interior with Goth Manor, but got a bit bored, so that will be coming soon :)

Next I might do a community lot... Not sure yet though, perhaps just a new-build.

-Wibble :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2011
    The gothic manor looks awesome! :shock: I love the architecture. Can't wait to see more pics. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I'll be working on Goth Manor over the weekend, and then I'll send it back home with me and start tackling a community lot perhaps... I was thinking a small park, any ideas/suggestions?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    So... here they are! New pictures of my renovation.

I think I've finished the garden for now, there's just a plain lawn in the middle kind of inspired by my grandparents house... I placed a treehouse though for little Mortimer :)
    6181170178_f0e0121d07_z.jpg

I added a pond which I'm very proud of. Ponds are some of my favourite things to do when I'm landscaping so I thought I'd just "move" the old pond from the front to the back.
    6180659409_33f024d359_z.jpg
    6181184586_f96c9f8309_z.jpg

And who doesn't like a good hot tub?
    6180642669_f31799b398_z.jpg

I did keep the graves on this lot... they're just outside of view in the picture above ^

I also got a room done, the formal living room. I kept it rather simple with just some sofas and a few chairs, but this room would only be used for talking to friends, or hosting parties etc., so I don't really mind.
    If you download this lot though (once finished) then you'll be able to change it around :)
    6180648349_01cefa849e_z.jpg

6180647269_288855eae0_z.jpg

Until next update,

--Wibble
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Comments anyone? :)
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited September 2011
    SHakes head, are you sure thats the same house? LOVE the landscaping. The interior looks very clean and updated too. But the Landscaping is truely lovely. So is the exterior too. What a brillain idea putting a circular rug in the center of the bigger rug. Everyday i learn something new from this forum.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    svlyn: Thanks for the comment :) I'm glad you like it, I actually learned the thing with the rugs from another creation thread! You can do the same with mirrors if you use MOO, I'll probably do that as well in this house

--WibbleLikeAJelly

Also, if anyone wants to check out my creation thread, then the link is here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/437166.page
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Just some more pics from today's work... I think this will take me a while to finish lol :)

6223352208_ea1d697713_z.jpg
    6223350916_677378a917_z.jpg
    6222829917_142780a6c5_z.jpg

6222833967_d78968b86d_z.jpg
    6223355286_9f57c70bcf_z.jpg
    6222836619_56946f68d0_z.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    tiny little morning bump :)
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited October 2011
    Nice clean looking interior. Great work so far, this is still the goth manor right?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    svlyn wrote:
    this is still the goth manor right?

Yeah, I think this one will take me a while. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Looks fantastic!
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited November 2011
    Wibble,

You've inspired me to redo my sunset valley! I'm so excited!