Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifting RECOMMENDATION thread

I was just reading AznSensei's post--and he's right, a lot of people who are very giving in this community don't get gifted.

So this is a special kind of 'post the wishlist' thread...it's not to post your own wishlist, but the post the wishlists of people you'd like to see gifted, and why. :) Perhaps then people who want to gift but aren't sure who to gift can look here and find some stellar, kind members of our community to treat. :)

I'd recommend the following people:

1) http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=imoger Imoger has been a dear friend on these forums. She is constantly giving out warm words of encouragement and friendship, and just seems like such a lovely person. :)

2) http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=msrednotdead I'm sure most of us have experienced the kindness of Msrednotdead at some point. ;) She recently sent me a birthday gift and has given me and many others numerous lovely gifts over time.

3) http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=pegasas1993 One of the biggest sweethearts on this forum, IMO, is Pegasas1993. He's inclusive and enthusiastic, and I've never seen an instance where he has treated anyone with anything but kindness.

4) http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=blacksheba1973 ....If she ever has any items on her wishlist at any point. :lol: Over a year ago, I was holding a contest, and the majority of my sponsors ended up banned during that period, causing it to fold. When I came back to the forum months later after leaving it due to all the upheaval and negativity, I asked if there was anyone who could gift the people who had never received their prizes. She stepped up and gifted every last one of them. :)

Comments

• Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hmm...
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=AznSensei
    I don't know AznSensei well, but he seems very helpful to the community so I wanna nominate him :D

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DancerBakerSimLove
    DancerBakerSimLove has an awesome Avi and also seems nice so Im gonna nominated her too!

If anyone else comes to mind I will post
    Peace Out :P
    Fordee
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited August 2011
    http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Java3

Java3 is a friend on FB and a fan of my comics. Last night he tried to ask people to gift Hidden Springs not to him but to me because of how much he likes my comics, and he gifted me a little item and said he would have given more if he had the points.

All in all, he's a nice guy who deserves something nice. :)
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2011
    Two more people :)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=AngieBastien
    AngieBastien seems to be a very kind person so I want to nominate her :D

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Herbgirl15
    Herbgirl115 is new here and she has very cheap items on her wishlist so it would be nice if someone gifted her them :)

Fordee
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    DancerBakerSimLoveDancerBakerSimLove Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Fordee09 wrote:
    Hmm...
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=AznSensei
    I don't know AznSensei well, but he seems very helpful to the community so I wanna nominate him :D

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DancerBakerSimLove
    DancerBakerSimLove has an awesome Avi and also seems nice so Im gonna nominated her too!

If anyone else comes to mind I will post
    Fordee

Wow! Thank you so much!!!! :D

Hope you enjoy your gift! :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I want to nominate Dark5id3, but since she owns everything in the store, she has no wishlist! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited August 2011
    Shelwass, I know you mean well but honestly, we could do with less of this asking for gifts at the moment. Whatever the flavor.

Blacksheba has no wish list.
    Msrednotdead owns the entire store.
    AznSensei was nominated the Splash honoree today and so he will be honored all week. Also, his birthday is two days from now and some of us are sending him gifts already lest his wish list disappear.
    DancerBakerSimLove was just given Hidden Springs after 15 begging posts so umm... no.

Before someone adds my name, I don't have a wish list either.

It's really sweet of you all to want to do this but this might not be the right time, you know? If people want to give, they can find someone to give to, like they always have.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    Shelwass, I know you mean well but honestly, we could do with less of this asking for gifts at the moment. Whatever the flavor.

Blacksheba has no wish list.
    Msrednotdead owns the entire store.
    AznSensei was nominated the Splash honoree today and so he will be honored all week. Also, his birthday is two days from now and some of us are sending him gifts already lest his wish list disappear.
    DancerBakerSimLove was just given Hidden Springs after 15 begging posts so umm... no.

Before someone adds my name, I don't have a wish list either.

It's really sweet of you all to want to do this but this might not be the right time, you know? If people want to give, they can find someone to give to, like they always have.

Excuse me?! Why are you being so RUDE? I know i asked for it, but i was nominated because i was gifting people, and as a matter of fact, still am!
    Quit being rude, okay?
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited August 2011
    Excuse me?! Why are you being so RUDE? I know i asked for it, but i was nominated because i was gifting people, and as a matter of fact, still am!
    Quit being rude, okay?
    Oh! I am sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I was just trying to clarify a few details for the hostess. Truly, I didn't mean to be rude.
  • Options
    IzziebelleIzziebelle Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'd wish to recommend my good friend nerdygirl1818. I had the chance to met her and her adorable little girls IRL. She is an awesome person and an awesome mom.

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NerdyGirl1818
  • Options
    SharonjSharonj Posts: 5,246 Member
    edited August 2011
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    Quit being rude, okay?
    Oh! I am sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I was just trying to clarify a few details for the hostess. Truly, I didn't mean to be rude.

Even though i did beg, i gave back for it! I gifted about 15 people..i believe!

I don't think the hostess is trying to force people into gifting, i think she wants to help show appreciation to those who do!

And i for one, nominate you, because you have been very kind to me! I know you don't have a wishlist, but you don't own the whole store..do you?
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm done. Sorry, I just am. I was just trying to be nice. I thought the problem was people begging for gifts for themselves, not trying to put others out there. I didn't know MsRed owned the whole store; from the looks of her wishlist, I thought she owned very little and was gifting everyone ahead of herself.

Forget it, I'm done with the forums. There's just no point. You can't be nice any more without someone assigning you an ulterior motive. This used to be a place where people were friendly, where you could interact, joke, and just hang out. I don't need the stress of being told off for trying to be nice to people.

Someone delete this thread. I'm finished.
  • Options
    Herbgirl15Herbgirl15 Posts: 841
    edited August 2011
    shelwass wrote:
    I'm done. Sorry, I just am. I was just trying to be nice. I thought the problem was people begging for gifts for themselves, not trying to put others out there. I didn't know MsRed owned the whole store; from the looks of her wishlist, I thought she owned very little and was gifting everyone ahead of herself.

Forget it, I'm done with the forums. There's just no point. You can't be nice any more without someone assigning you an ulterior motive. This used to be a place where people were friendly, where you could interact, joke, and just hang out. I don't need the stress of being told off for trying to be nice to people.

I think you are very nice and thoughtful. I hope you stay! When I joined, I thought no one would care. There are a lot of nice people. Don't let one bad apple bring you down.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Herbgirl15 wrote:
    shelwass wrote:

I think you are very nice and thoughtful. I hope you stay! When I joined, I thought no one would care. There are a lot of nice people. Don't let one bad apple bring you down.

Thank you, that's really sweet, but I can't. I'm under a lot of stress right now, and I can't afford to put myself anywhere that will add to that. Stay cool, stay sweet, and take care.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    shelwass wrote:
    Herbgirl15 wrote:
    shelwass wrote:

Thank you, that's really sweet, but I can't. I'm under a lot of stress right now, and I can't afford to put myself anywhere that will add to that. Stay cool, stay sweet, and take care.

Ok...it is your decision. I hope you take care too.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I really just wanted to show my appreciation for some community members. :( I don't have the money to gift a lot myself, and I wasn't trying to demand anyone gift these people...I just wanted to nominate them if anyone was in a gifty mood, and to give others the opportunity to show their appreciation for others as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Herbgirl15 wrote:
    shelwass wrote:
    Herbgirl15 wrote:
    shelwass wrote:

Thank you, hon.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    shelwass wrote:
    Herbgirl15 wrote:
    shelwass wrote:
    Herbgirl15 wrote:
    shelwass wrote:

Thank you, hon.

No problem.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    shelwass wrote:

Don't do that, please!!!
    This is a great thread, and everyone knows it's for a good cause! Please don't be done with the forums, or give up, or anything!!

If you ever need anyone to talk to, i'm here! I know..you just met me, but everyone could use a friend!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2011
    Dear shelwass

all reachsims was doing was saying what was on her mind about this thread.
    Many of the regulare gifters is a little worn thine due to the many asking/begging threads.
    and she do have a point, we have quite a lot of threads similare to this.
    Just saying that your idea is nice, but it might been the wrong time for a new thread of this kind when there is threads like it running.

and dear herbgirl... I see no bad apples on here!
    what I see is shelwass trying to start a nice thing up, but it's allready there.
    and Reachsims, that have had enough, and still politly try to inform about how she feels and what she knows.
    and DancerBakerSimLove, who might upset a lot of people by making the large amount of threads - But she allso did keept her word and giftet.
    then I see 4 other simmers nominating others for difrent reasons, thats nice.

So no bad apples...

well thats my 2 sleepy cents
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    anettesb wrote:
    Dear shelwass

all reachsims was doing was saying what was on her mind about this thread.
    Many of the regulare gifters is a little worn thine due to the many asking/begging threads.
    and she do have a point, we have quite a lot of threads similare to this.
    Just saying that your idea is nice, but it might been the wrong time for a new thread of this kind when there is threads like it running.

and dear herbgirl... I see no bad apples on here!
    what I see is shelwass trying to start a nice thing up, but it's allready there.
    and Reachsims, that have had enough, and still politly try to inform about how she feels and what she knows.
    and DancerBakerSimLove, who might upset a lot of people by making the large amount of threads - But she allso did keept her word and giftet.
    then I see 4 other simmers nominating others for difrent reasons, thats nice.

So no bad apples...

well thats my 2 sleepy cents

I shouldn't of called them bad apples. Sorry, my bad. I guess everyone has an opinion.
  • Options
    grapescassie1grapescassie1 Posts: 1,390 Member
    edited August 2011
    I just want to nominate one person who touched my heart, Laverty, she is so sweet, she doesn't ever have any sim points to give to people but she's a dear friend to me and well, i told her if i ever had any simpoints i'd gift her, since your offering this i want to nominate her, if if you gift her please let her know it was me that reccomended her to you. Sure she doesn't post on forums, but it just makes me feel bad that i'm nearly the ONLY person that reads her blog. Probobly am.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2011
    I just want to nominate one person who touched my heart, Laverty, she is so sweet, she doesn't ever have any sim points to give to people but she's a dear friend to me and well, i told her if i ever had any simpoints i'd gift her, since your offering this i want to nominate her, if if you gift her please let her know it was me that reccomended her to you. Sure she doesn't post on forums, but it just makes me feel bad that i'm nearly the ONLY person that reads her blog. Probobly am.

she have no link to her blog.... not that I can find... might help get readers... and so would posting on the forum do.
    For now thats my gift to the both of you, might be more.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 1,167 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Hay guys. :)

I just want to post 2 peoples wishlists because when my grandfather died they came and said sorry for my loss. A lot of other people did say sorry too and i appreciate it dearly :)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=gokukaren

http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/blacksheba1973

http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Skullstyler

3 haha, sorry thanks guys.!
  • Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited August 2011
    Sorry that you are leaving shelwass, I thought it was a great idea! I understand it's your desision though, *hugs*