Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seriously

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/6073185775/in/set-72157627377030489/ Nooooo! is that what my pug is going to look like??

Comments

• Options
    TheHappySimmerTheHappySimmer Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2011
    I agree that it does look a bit...odd. But, you are able to fully customize pets, so you should be able to create a...better looking pug. :wink:
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited August 2011
    Whaaaaat how is that a pug?

M...Maybe that's not the...official/finished version? OTL
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    thesim53thesim53 Posts: 246 New Member
    edited August 2011
    the graphics look horrible.
  • Options
    BlackGuardianBlackGuardian Posts: 309
    edited August 2011
    None of the breeds really seem to differ from each other. I honestly doubt we'll be able to create "any breed we want", as the body customization is supposedly quite limited. Quite disappointing really. It seems the developers haven't really focused on making each breed physically unique, more just changing the coat colour and tweaking the facial features and tail slightly.

It looks like out of the "100 breeds" there are only really ten or so default shapes. The game is still in progress so I hope this will change. But the lack of physical options in create a pet was one of the main issues with The Sims 2 Pets, I hope the developers haven't ignored that criticism.
  • Options
    Laru95Laru95 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited August 2011
    None of the breeds really seem to differ from each other. I honestly doubt we'll be able to create "any breed we want", as the body customization is supposedly quite limited. Quite disappointing really. It seems the developers haven't really focused on making each breed physically unique, more just changing the coat colour and tweaking the facial features and tail slightly.

It looks like out of the "100 breeds" there are only really ten or so default shapes. The game is still in progress so I hope this will change. But the lack of physical options in create a pet was one of the main issues with The Sims 2 Pets, I hope the developers haven't ignored that criticism.

AGREED.

• Options
    simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Look at the face of that 'pug'. His expression is priceless. Such huge eyes.
  • Options
    PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm guessing you can just edit it in create a pet to make it look like the kind of dog you want :)
    I think it looks kinda like a pug but without the scary eyes
  • Options
    cajo5cajo5 Posts: 1,359
    edited August 2011
    I think it looks fine, plus it's a game and they're not going to be perfect. Plus they said the EP is still in alpha, so they have a lot of stuff to still do.
  • Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited August 2011
    Yeah I personally don't think it looks that bad myself. I can tell it's a pug, but I am sure they still have plenty of graphic work to do. I finally got to see part of the gamecom chat and I saw it glitching a couple times during the gameplay. ie the collie was floating over the floor and walking backwards down the hall. :lol:
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited August 2011
  • Options
    bps3bps3 Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited August 2011
    They all look strange,none of them look cuddley :'( x 0.0
  • Options
    PinkDaggerPinkDagger Posts: 912
    edited August 2011
    The stumpier dogs can't really be done well in CAP as we've seen so far. Looks like there aren't leg sliders. -_-
  • Options
    snakecharmersnakecharmer Posts: 435 Member
    edited August 2011
    to me it looks a bit to tallk, and a bit to long to be a pug, if it werent for the curly tail i would have said it was a boxer x
  • Options
    botheredbothered Posts: 303 New Member
    edited August 2011
    :-o LOL
  • Options
    EmileaStrangeEmileaStrange Posts: 145 New Member
    edited August 2011
    They are still in the alpha phase. I'm not trying to be rude but I don't understand why people get so upset when the game isn't even done yet. It will probably get changed around 4 or 5 more times before it's released.
  • Options
    gogirl1998gogirl1998 Posts: 975 New Member
    edited August 2011
    They are still in the alpha phase. I'm not trying to be rude but I don't understand why people get so upset when the game isn't even done yet. It will probably get changed around 4 or 5 more times before it's released.

This ^ ^
  • Options
    HollyZeeHollyZee Posts: 224 New Member
    edited August 2011
    The horses are looking pretty good so far. Some of the dogs are not bad. The Cats need a lot of work to my way of thinking.
  • Options
    kwizardkwizard Posts: 816 New Member
    edited August 2011

Exactly.
  • Options
    laurenxxosimlaurenxxosim Posts: 453
    edited August 2011
    thesim53 wrote:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/6073185775/in/set-72157627377030489/ Nooooo! is that what my pug is going to look like??

It has similar features to the forever alone face!!
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited August 2011

Yeah people need to chill out and wait to play the game before they start freaking out. To me the pets look 10 times better already then the ones in the sims 2. My god the dogs were butt ugly in that game :lol:
  • Options
    laurenxxosimlaurenxxosim Posts: 453
    edited August 2011
    angldior wrote:

Yeah people need to chill out and wait to play the game before they start freaking out. To me the pets look 10 times better already then the ones in the sims 2. My god the dogs were butt ugly in that game :lol:

Way to be positive!!
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited August 2011
    angldior wrote:

Way to be positive!!
    :thumbup:

Yay me :thumbup:
  • Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited August 2011
    It looks like a normal pug to me, maybe just a little weird. But then again, IMO pugs are ugly to begin with. Even the word "pug" sounds ugly! :lol:

I just hope they don't mess up all the other dogs, too. I remember in The Sims 2 I was so PO'd because the Jack Russel Terriers were completely wrong. I've had 5 of them, and a good friend of my parents breeds them, and I have never seen any that look like that! :x
  • Options
    airotciv54airotciv54 Posts: 459 Member
    edited August 2011
    to me it looks a bit to tallk, and a bit to long to be a pug, if it werent for the curly tail i would have said it was a boxer x

This was my thought to, it looks like a Boxer with a curly tail. But we all have to wait for the finished product.
  • Options
    thesim53thesim53 Posts: 246 New Member
    edited August 2011
    but the fact that the release date is getting close and the graphics on animals aren't as great as they could be.