Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Vacation worlds?

Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
I just had a thought while picking tomatoes yesterday, and this is a longshot, but has anyone ever thought about making custom vacation worlds by editing vacation world files from WA in S3PE and then overwriting them with the files from your favorite CAW world? it would be a little dodgy if at all, but does anybody think it might work, too?

Comments

• Options
    WombasticWombastic Posts: 116
    edited August 2011
    Folks over at ModTheSims (MTS) have been working on this for a while, the catch is that the game only has "hooks" for China, France and Egypt, so to make a custom world you have to pick one of the normal three to remove, and then mod your world file to have the same ID hook and viola, the game will now send your Sims to that world when they go on a trip instead of the usual vacation site.

I can't give first hand data, as I fear using mods enough to pull it off, but for what I hear if you are comfortable with the modding tools, it is fairly safe to do. I'd head over to the MTS forums if you want to find more detailed info on how to, or find worlds folks have already converted.