Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adult sims wont come home after free vacation

So yesterday I was playing my game and my teen sim was having a party while the adults were on their free vacation. After the party ended my sim went to school and came home a went to bed. I then said the adults were coming home in 2 hours. After 2 hours they still didn't come home and my teen sim can only sleep for a few seconds before getting kicked out of bed. I have not downloaded any patches since I got the Generations expantion pack because I had to delete the download manager because it wouldn't let me start my game. Right now as we speak I am updating my game so will it fix my current problems?? Please let me know if you had these problems and if updating fixed them. Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited August 2011
    Known glitch, happens all the time. I no longer send them on the stupid free glitchy vacation. I think after multiple resetsims commands they finally came back, but they were not playable, their icons were grayed out. I believe I had to go to edit town and evict them and put them back in order to get everything back to normal. I think I lost an imaginary friend during this time of resetting, evicting, etc.
  • Options
    AmandaMiAmandaMi Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    SOOOOO...This fix DID work for me.

I have 3 adults, one teen, 4 horses and a dog.

After i received the "free vacation" my adults were gone. I didn't want to throw a party this time(had it once before). Last time i threw a party, got grounded(wasn't supposed to leave house, EVEN for school), snuck off to school and then my teen didn't stop "sneaking" around the house, so i had to spend $800 to send to boarding school and take my teen back out just to lose all wishes, $800 and time searching online to figure out how to stop sneaking around.

Anyways, 2 days later..

1 of my adults came home and just appeared at their work(firefighter). My 2 other adults never came home. I tried looking online and basically got NOWHERE, tried to talk to EA and as usual I got 2 people from foreign countries that had absolutely NO idea what i was even saying. I have saved the email(well both, one person ended session).

I tried(even though one adult was NOT on vacation), having a teen party while my 1 adult was at his work..AND IT WORKED! The cops came and everything. Parents were back in less then an hour, my game is saved! :]

**Only reason I contacted EA was to get all these MILLION of bugs fixed!!**

**Lets try to get as many people to join my group on facebook, its about testing the sims games before releasing it so we all have a great time playing. I personally will test the game. Facebook group name "TESTING SIMS 3!" Exclamation and all. I am sick of the bugs and want to play my game in peace**

I made the group but i'd love to have a serious sims gamer keep up with it as I have a newborn. I will put my experiences on there as well. Dont be afraid to message me.

**Facebook made after this post but im willing to show to every EA contact i can find once big enough.**
  • Options
    jesw89jesw89 Posts: 21
    edited December 2011
    not quite the same, but, my horse went missing, couldnt find it anywhere, even when i clicked on him :/
    I have twallan's overwatch in though and when it did its cleanup of stuck sims, my horse reappeared, might work for your lost sims too?