Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are we able to stop Sims fishing in the river?

Hi all :D Another question coming your way...

Can we stop Sims from fishing in the river and sea if we don't put fish spawners there? Or are they still going to fish anyway?
Because in the world I'm making, I don't want them to fish at all (I'm against fishing myself) so I just wondered if this was possible.

*All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi,

I doubt it. If you don't control them it's like they have a mind of their own. :)

• Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm pretty sure they will only fish at spawner locations.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    There's a new test. :D
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited August 2011
    There is a way to make waters outside of lots completely unfishable. I ran into this with the early version of Fort Sim. There are spawners in the river and everything but for some reason, there are no actions available on the river at all so Sims can't fish.

My suspicion about why that doesn't work in that version of that town is possibly because the river has no-routing paint on it but since it's not my world and I haven't asked permission from the builder I didn't try extracting it to find out.

I'm pretty sure I've had Sims autonomously fish in ponds on their own lots even without spawners in them.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Back in the beginning of CAW a pond or lake on the world map would be unusable without it being attached or very close to the outside water- you remember? The flat blue water was unusable for fishing even with the spawners. :)

It doesn't work that way any more.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for the replies, guys :D I shall just test it out and see what happens :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Back in the beginning of CAW a pond or lake on the world map would be unusable without it being attached or very close to the outside water- you remember? The flat blue water was unusable for fishing even with the spawners.

Hm, very vaguely I do remember something about this. This was a river that went straight through the town, though. Even so, it could be something completely different than what I was thinking preventing any interaction with the water.
    Thanks for the replies, guys I shall just test it out and see what happens

Please do and report back with your findings! If you don't have any lots in your world when you want to test, you can just throw down a lot somewhere, export the world to your game, install it then move a testing Sim onto that lot and see what happens.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Just tested it and the Sims will fish in the river without there being any spawners :(
    I'm going to try painting the river banks with sim non-routable tomorrow and see what happens :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Here's something I just thought of. If you use mods in your game, it would be possible to create a no autonomous fishing mod.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    That would be ideal. Wouldn't have the first clue how to do that, but I'll have a look around and see if I can find something :-)
  • Options
    Dustin1978Dustin1978 Posts: 18
    edited August 2011
    Walls around water prevent sims from fishing. There seems to be a set casting distance so routing paint works also if you paint around the river atleast an inch.