Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

grass graphic issue, help please!

I never had this problem before. I recently launched my game to continue working on a lot I started few weeks ago and the grass all over the town was blur! So blur! I don't know why. The Game graphics are just fine, and in live mode it runs smoothly. So am confused! Is there any way to fix it please?

Here's how the grass looks like:

screenshot-1865.jpg"width=600"

Comments

• Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited August 2011
    :?:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    anyone!
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited August 2011
    Please post your DxDiag report:

1) Click RUN
    2) Type "DXDIAG" and click ok
    3) Click "Save all information" and save it to your computer
    4) Copy and paste the entire thing into a post
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2011
    Sounds like tree detail got turned down in options.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    LittleV wrote:

1) Click RUN

Edit: removed the info
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Sounds like tree detail got turned down in options.

Not really, because I turned all the graphic settings to the max level.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2011
    Try turning some of it down, and be sure advanced rendering is on. You have integrated graphics, and the specs to run it that way, but still that GPU is not going to handle all settings maxed out well. Put high detail lots to 2, distance medium, sim detail max, edge smoothing medium, tree detail medium. and reflections to mirrors only. See if it does better that way.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    LittleV wrote:

1) Click RUN

So I posted them as you asked :roll:
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited August 2011
    Your graphics chip is very underpowered for the game and was never intended for gaming, only every-day computer use. They are not meant to run games, let alone on all-high settings. They just aren't capable of that level of graphics performance. A true dedicated graphics card is required for gaming, not an integrated graphics chip. Turning the settings to max will actually make the game look much worse than at a lower level because it is turned past it's ability so it simply won't render the textures.

On top of that your graphics driver is dated from 2010 so you will want to check for an update on Intel's website to see if a more recent one has come out.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    Your graphics chip is very underpowered for the game and was never intended for gaming, only every-day computer use. They are not meant to run games, let alone on all-high settings. They just aren't capable of that level of graphics performance. A true dedicated graphics card is required for gaming, not an integrated graphics chip. Turning the settings to max will actually make the game look much worse than at a lower level because it is turned past it's ability so it simply won't render the textures.

On top of that your graphics driver is dated from 2010 so you will want to check for an update on Intel's website to see if a more recent one has come out.

I know it's not exactly a good laptop to run games and especially powerful games like the sims 3, but still it used to run the game normally and smoothly even on high settings :shock: