Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hitched! Volume Four! Dark Hearts: Assignment Seven Scores and Assignment Eight: Family Planning :o

HitchedV4Banner.jpg

These are just my scores as I'm probably going to be cleaning house and packing tomorrow. PK may choose to post hers later :D I'm not going to be posting these in order since we had a drop and there are no elims.

Simanims

road.jpg

Creativity: 23
Quality: 25
Relation/Portrayal: 25
Pose: 25
Total: 98
Comments: So I love, love the lighting in this pic.. from the headlights of the old truck to the reflection of hte purple neon light on the hood of the truck. Their posing is just spot on! Did you edit in her map? Whatever you've done it's perfect. I sorta like the idea that we don't know exactly where they are going, but on the same note.. while there is a ton of creativity and work put into this pic, the story is lacking a little. Still in love with everything else! You're always so good at creating a rich setting! It looks like they are really there instead of well... a set. lol.

Simpixie

Screenshot-2-10-1.jpg

Quality: 25
Pose: 24
Total: 97
Comments: You did a really good job with this! And the city in the background is just gorgeous! That is something I need to incorporate into more of my pics. Your lighting is good and your story is just awesome! I love Ramona's pose, but I do kinda wish Zach's was something kind of unique, but it definitely is fitting.

ladybug

1rx0jp.jpg

Creativity:24
Quality: 21
Relation/Portrayal: 24
Total: 93
Comments: I think you're definitely getting better esp with your composition. You have your focal point, then your interesting things to look at in the rest of the picture. One thing that is bugging me is that the road is way too bright of a color. I guess it could be faded out pavement but it looks more like carpet to me. Also again the blood on your poor victim just isn't feeling right to me. Try looking up some CC blood spills or patterns. It's amazing what you can do in game when you can find the right CC. Her pose is great! She looks genuinely worried and Cato just has that hopeless, "what have I done" feel to his pose. The story is... well I doubt they'd be getting off that easily.

kelren

knmzu.jpg

Creativity: 24
Quality: 24
Comments: I really like this one! The story is cute and Scarlett's reaction to everything is just cute! (Btw where did you get her shirt? I want it!!) You've got lots of detail and the old man and the ghost make it play out like a hilarious scene in a movie! The one thing about this pic that I'm
just not crazy about is that it feels unbalanced. There's so much going on on his side, then you look to the right and it's just mostly grass.

amieechu

carsmash.jpg

Quality: 24
Total: 96
Comments: The lighting in this pic is great, esp for a low light situation, and the shot is nicely balanced. Posing is pretty good, but I'd like to see them kind of interacting with each other or at least closer together... like her being mad at him for crashing the Jeep instead of just being mad in general. Also, I like the CC grass.. has a nice rich texture, but I wouldn't mind either some mud or something else on the forest floor. I really like that they were off roading.. pretty refreshing and unique idea <3

Early

hitched7-1.png

Quality: 22
Pose: 23
Comments: This would be such a great pic if we could see it, Early! xD I love the details, with the books and soda cans and the care parked on the side... you did a great job with the set. I think the outdoor spotlight positioned the right way on your couple then maybe a streetlamp to illuminate the background of your set just a *little* bit would be very nice. It can be illuminated some and still look like night time.
jz8tDGb.png
Steam: JKAmaryllis

Comments

• Options
    JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited August 2011
    Couples.jpg

HCB.jpg

SimsARL (Alexander and Constance)

amieechu (Helvetica and Cato)

Simanims (Elizabeth and Tristen)

kelren (Ashe and Scarlett)

ladybug65 (Cato and KelloKitty)

Simpixie2255 (Zach and Ramona Clear)

Assignment.jpg
    Assignment Eight:

Family Planning (Or not!)

Does your couple want kids? Was there um.. maybe an accident? Do they already have all the kids they want? I have sooo many ideas outside of the box but then I don't want to steal them from you! But feel free to introduce some chaos with the unexpected! Feel free to ask questions with this one. I understand not everyone may want their couples to have kids.. there ARE ways around that. ;)

Due: August 23, 2011

Example.jpg

Not what I'm looking for just wanted to have something to post for once lol:

OConnellFamily.jpg

Judges.jpg

JKA
    [img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/sweetferocious/Sims 3/Simself.png "width=200"[/img]

PK
    PistolKitten.jpg

Tips.jpg
    Press ctrl, shift and C to pull up your cheat menu.

buydebug on: adds a menu in your buy mode and gives you tons of stuff that will be helpful especially in a sci-fi fantasy comp like this. There are also some invisible lights, very helpful for lighting your sims' faces!

moveobjects on: Just incredibly useful all around. I can't even begin to go over the uses for this.

hideheadlineeffects on: gets rid of those pesky thought bubbles and plumbobs.

Hold in alt while moveobjects is on so your object/sim won't snap to a grid!

Press tab when in live mode to help with picture taking.
    Camera controls:
    W - forward
    S - back
    A - Left
    D - Right
    E - Tilts up
    Q - tilts down
    Shift plus A - Rolls to the left
    Shift plus D - Rolls to the right
    Z- zoom in
    X - Zoom out
    Shift and S - reset

Rules.jpg

1. If there is a drop or no show there will not be an elimination.
    2. I understand that there are some times when you can't continue for one reason or another, but I think it's EXTREMELY rude to just not show up. I know I can't enforce this, but please if you have decided not to continue, please let us know!
    3. Please ask for extensions if needed. They will will be granted if a reasonable request.
    4. Changes to models: This is something I'm extremely lenient with. I mainly want them recognizable as the same person. Sometimes your game gets borked, etc and you need to make a new model and that's fine.... or sometimes you decide to uninstall a skin and need to change their skin.. that's also fine. Just try to keep their facial features the same so we can recognize them. You can change hair color (that's kind of a common thing in goth/punk anyway) and style of course. If you have any questions about it just ask
    5. Same sex couples are allowed.
    6. Editing is allowed, but just realize that editing may help OR hurt you. Just depends on how it looks.
    7. Because my job has a random unpredictable schedule, due dates will probably be a little over a week. This doesn't mean I want to wait forever for people to turn in their assignments though.

Announcements.jpg

None for the moment ;)
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Screenshot-7-7.jpg

Zach and Ramona have always wanted to have a big family. With it already started they didn't see any reason to slow down. So they adopted little Sage from Japan and Jacobi from south Africa. While in the process of adopting them they weren't as "careful" as they should have been and are expecting again. Bed time is sure hectic but story time is always a must.

Simanims wrote:
    I was...pregnant.
    I peered down at the bear in my hand, my old bear. I...I wasn't ready to give it to a new owner. But Tristan, Tristan was. This is what he wanted, but I...I don't know.
    The bed creaked and I knew Tristan had realised I was awake, he shifted his weight and sat up.
    "You OK?" He was genuinely concerned.
    "I'm...i'm" I wanted to swallow but my mouth was too dry. "I'm fine."
    "Really, you've been like this for days."
    It was true, I had known for three days and 5 hours now. I didn't know what to do. I just sat there with the bear resting in between my knees.
    Tristan continued to talk at me but I couldn't hear it, all I could hear was my heartbeat. My shared heartbeat.

familyplanning.jpg

Hitched
    SimsARL wrote:
    Assignment Eight
    [img]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n566/secretEstonia/hitched8.png "width=640 height=480"[/img]

Alexander and Constance didn't plan to have kids until a few years. So it was a huge shock to them when Constance found out she was pregnant.
    But it wasn't a bad thing, in fact they were both was over joyed. Constance's few friends decided to throw her a baby shower. It was a small group of people, but it was perfect to both Alexander and Constance.

There was a huge pile of toys for the soon to be newborn! It was confirmed the baby was a girl, so they started spoiling her with cute clothes, dolls, and other toys.
    kelren837 wrote:
    "...no survivors". It was all I heard that day on the news. We sent her off to music school, it was her dream. She never made it there that day. There was a bus crash with...no survivors.

We were only 16, but she was our life; and our life revolved around hers.

"I can't do it again, Ashe". Sometimes all I can do is go in her room to feel her essence. It still looks the way it did when she left that morning, with a family picture we took to celebrate the night before.

I take comfort in knowing that she is with us, standing and watching, wanting to reach out from the other side.

ficri.jpg
    ladybug65 wrote:
    The Fourms are being wonky and this picture is due today so I decided to post my entry here:

HelloKitty went into labor at 8:00am Wednesday morning with Cato by her side. He rushed her into the hospital and the doctors worked there magic. Cato choose to wait in the waiting room when a doctor came out and told him the news. He said that the baby died in birth and that HelloKitty was not able to have kids anymore because her stab would wasn't healed all the way and would never be. I walked into HelloKitty's room where she was sobbing on her bed. I sat down with her and cuddled her in my arms. I stroked her jet black hair that had lost it's hilights and I told her it would be alright.

34jb28x.png

(no extension needed)
    merpbw.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4309/merpbw.jpg

"Even if the child was going to be an accident, it still hurt just as much when the life was stolen far too early."

(so everyone could see kuz i like it xD)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Seen it!
    I was worried about the lighting xD I'm horrible with nighttime shots
  • Options
    Simpixie2255Simpixie2255 Posts: 2,945 New Member
    edited August 2011
    seen it!

Got a pretty Good Idea!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Can't wait to see what everyone does <3
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Will post my scores on this thread tomorrow, just finished my DEMONS entry and I'm sick of sitting in front of the computer lol
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Take your time! I totally understand! (Btw that pic is incredible!)
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Take your time! I totally understand! (Btw that pic is incredible!)

Was such a basic idea, I'm glad it turned out the way I wanted it to in the short amount of time I had to do it.
    Scores will be in tonight from me, have generations to install, dogs to walk, plants to water, a movie to watch and Japanese food to eat first lol
  • Options
    SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Seen it! ^_^
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Omnom Japanese food <3
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Will have this in if a bit, hope you ar ready for cute.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Always ready for cute :). Checking in from DC airport <3
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Screenshot-7-7.jpg

Zach and Ramona have always wanted to have a big family. With it already started they didn't see any reason to slow down. So they adopted little Sage from Japan and Jacobi from south Africa. While in the process of adopting them they weren't as "careful" as they should have been and are expecting again. Bed time is sure hectic but story time is always a must.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Awwwww I love the family picture :D

Will have scores in today, we got home late last night.

Good news though I did managed to install Generations without problems, though I haven't played yet to check.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    My scores for the last round and the final totals and placings just in case anyone was wondering.

Simanims
    Creativity 22/25
    General Quality 25/25
    Relation to assignment/ portrayal 24/25
    Pose 25/25
    Total: 96
    Comments: Fantastic posing, I love how Tristan really does look like he’s really annoyed with the fact they are lost. It’s great how you use the same colors through your pictures in this comp, the same purple and turquoise tones as we see in Tristan and Elizabeth it has a very unique effect. The editing as always is perfect, I love the headlights beam. The story and idea wasn’t overly creative, getting lost or breaking down I would think would be a pretty common theme for a road trip and its many events, so I was hoping for something a bit more outside the box.

Simpixie
    Creativity 24/25
    General Quality 25/25
    Pose 24/25
    Comments: I love this picture. The whole idea of Ramona going into labour in the middle of their trip is fantastic, something really dramatic! I love Bridgeport at night backgrounds, when used well, like you did, they just have an amazing amount of detail. I like the poses a lot, though I don’t really understand why they are both randomly looking in an odd direction. I would think given the circumstances, Zach should be looking at Ramona, and for effect Ramona should be looking at the camera. Hard to organize but would have hit that perfect score from me if you could have accomplished it.

Ladybug
    Creativity 23/25
    General Quality 21/25
    Relation to assignment/ portrayal 23/25
    Pose 25/25
    Total: 92
    Comments: A very dramatic story! The posing is great, especially Cato’s, it really is perfect for someone who is breaking down after accidently hitting someone. The blood editing is getting a little better, the stuff on their victims clothing is very well done...you should invest in some CC blood stains for the ground maybe though, since the edited in blood on the ground looks very much like its hovering in mid air. The ground was a bit puzzling too, look a bit too much like carpet for me, there’s some nice dark road like textures in terrain paints under misc I believe that work well for alleyway/road shoots.

Kelren
    Creativity 25/25
    General Quality 24/25
    Pose 25/25
    Total: 98
    Comments: Yay for ghosts! I love the idea of stopping by all the random roadside attractions, things you never plan into your trip but sometimes can never resist checking out. Adore the set and the posing. I think the whole shot would have been perfect if you cropped it more, eliminating all that empty space to the right. It’s not actually really empty, the grass has a nice texture to it, but compared to the density of the rest of the image it stands out quite a bit.

Amieechu
    Creativity 22/25
    General Quality 24/25
    Pose 23/25
    Comments: The lighting is really well done, for a night time shot we can still see all the necessary details. The editing of the mud on the jeep is very well done too. The positioning of everything is great, the car in between them, but the set felt like it needed to look more off road. The grass is rather nicely trimmed for somewhere in the middle of the forest, and it would have been great to see some more variation in the ground textures, some dirt, rocks, other shrubs and such. I like Cato’s pose, the sheepish animation is great....Helvetica’s doesn’t have that same impact. The caption you had mentioned fury, but all I see is mildly annoyed, I think an animation from the ‘’argue with sim’’ interactions would have been better.

Early
    Creativity 23/25
    General Quality 20/25
    Relation to assignment/ portrayal 23/25
    Pose 25/25
    Total: 91
    Comments: Great to see everyone taking advantage of all the new animations and interactions that came with generations, in game posing just has that little bit of extra emotion in it sometimes. Really like the angle of the shot, the set and the clutter items. All in all it really needed some light. Some spotlights directed on Alexander and Constance, and maybe even a hidden light set to dim either next to or above the car, just to illuminate everything and bring out the details that get lost in the darkness.

1: Kelren 195
    2: Simpixie 194 Tied
    2: Simanims 194 Tied
    3: Amieechu 189
    4: Ladybug 185
    5: Early 184
  • Options
    ladybug65ladybug65 Posts: 696 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hey I will be gone tomorrow to monday and school is starting Tuesday so I will try to turn everthing in on time and dont worry if I dont check in. Thank you
    2lijr.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I was...pregnant.
    I peered down at the bear in my hand, my old bear. I...I wasn't ready to give it to a new owner. But Tristan, Tristan was. This is what he wanted, but I...I don't know.
    The bed creaked and I knew Tristan had realised I was awake, he shifted his weight and sat up.
    "You OK?" He was genuinely concerned.
    "I'm...i'm" I wanted to swallow but my mouth was too dry. "I'm fine."
    "Really, you've been like this for days."
    It was true, I had known for three days and 5 hours now. I didn't know what to do. I just sat there with the bear resting in between my knees.
    Tristan continued to talk at me but I couldn't hear it, all I could hear was my heartbeat. My shared heartbeat.

familyplanning.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    That's gorgeous. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thanks Early ^_^

I'm leaving for London in a few hours so I won't be able to check in till the 22nd, hopes thats ok ^_^
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Should be fine. My work schedule is going to be a mess when I go back lol
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Gorgeous entries!

Bumping for some more!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Assignment Eight
    [img]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n566/secretEstonia/hitched8.png "width=640 height=480"[/img]

Alexander and Constance didn't plan to have kids until a few years. So it was a huge shock to them when Constance found out she was pregnant.
    But it wasn't a bad thing, in fact they were both was over joyed. Constance's few friends decided to throw her a baby shower. It was a small group of people, but it was perfect to both Alexander and Constance.

There was a huge pile of toys for the soon to be newborn! It was confirmed the baby was a girl, so they started spoiling her with cute clothes, dolls, and other toys.
  • Options
    CUTEBINACUTEBINA Posts: 3,478 New Member
    edited August 2011
    So Cute! I love it *O*

OMG Im in it XD
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    CUTEBINA wrote:
    So Cute! I love it *O*

OMG Im in it XD
    Nice siggy ;D