Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I view/delete CC .package files?

I tried TSR's Merlin, but that doesn't give me pics for each item.

I also tried custard, but I don't know how to view the .package :?

What is the best program, or any program, that will allow me to see hair, etc., and get rid of it?

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited August 2011
    I tried TSR's Merlin, but that doesn't give me pics for each item.

I also tried custard, but I don't know how to view the .package :?

What is the best program, or any program, that will allow me to see hair, etc., and get rid of it?
    Custard is used on (.sims3pack) files only. Dashboard is what is used on (.package) files.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    RequiemforasimRequiemforasim Posts: 311 Member
    edited August 2011
    Ok, I tried Dashboard--how do you see the files?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Ok, I tried Dashboard--how do you see the files?
    Click on the executable and the program will scan your Mods/Packages folder showing all the (.packages) files you have.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Here is a better explanation of both tools. There is also more info in my How-To-Install CC/Mods "The New Way" guide on page 13. Download to a folder you created for your third party custom content. Do not download either of the tool in the game data Downloads folder which is the following path...
    C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads

*All I can say is you download the (.rar) for each one and extract everything from it. Leave everything that comes with Custard and/or Dashboard. Depending on what you're scanning, double-click the executable (.exe) to open the application.*

The Custard Tool
    Custard only scans (.sims3pack) files and will only do one file at a time. You know where you have downloaded your (.sims3pack) file so go to File > Open and browse your computer to find the file and load it.

Example of (.sims3pack) file that scanned clean but crashed my game.
    The 3rd image shows those Uggs from TSR.
    I have a Quarantine folder in my Download just for this kind of stuff/testing.

2a9cxth.jpg
    119x8xc.jpg
    fyej60.jpg

The Dashboard Tool
    Dashboard will scan all of the (.package) files in your Mods > Packages sub-folder. You need to tell it where your Packages folder is located, as well as your cache files, and games. You will find all these options under File. You can find the paths for the games under [Open Root]

Example of my Dashboard Scan Packages folder.
    2a50i6q.jpg

Browse for Mods/Packages in the Sims 3 folder under Documents, and select it.
    13zo283.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2011
    My framework is version 4.0, but I am running windows XP. Is that why I don't see the screens you posted fr Dashboard?

I really appreciate your help :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    My framework is version 4.0, but I am running windows XP. Is that why I don't see the screens you posted fr Dashboard?

I really appreciate your help :)
    No that would have nothing to do with it. MS .NET Framework version 4.0 "is" the most recent version for XP. It used to be version 2.0 but v2.0 is the minimum you need for some things to run properly.

My guess is that you haven't pointed each section to the correct paths. If it doesn't find them on it's own you'll have to manually check the path.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    When I open the program (from my Mods/Packages folder, right?), I see all of the .package file names.

Then I go up to "file," and "view framework status," which brings up a new window with all of my games listed.

Double-clicking on, say, "Sims 3" brings up another window, with physical folders named Game, Caches, GameData, Support, and Thumbnails.

I don't know what to do at this point... :?: