Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WA worlds now have broken routing

Yesterday, I mentioned to a friend that I had started encountering freezes in WA worlds since installing Generations and didn't understand why. Never before had I had lag issues with the destination worlds but having a sim travel to China yesterday had me to the point of wanting to pull my hair out. From about 10:00 pm until 8:00 am, freezes, fairly brief in duration, were occurring every few seconds. It sure made for some long nights and I was happy to leave when the trip was over.

Much to my surprise, I was asked if I had seen a post on MTS detailing this as a widespread problem and given a link so that I could read it for myself. I'm not linking in this message only because I am not sure if there might be someting in the post that violates EA forum rules. For those who want to read it for themselves, it is written by ellacharm3d at Mod the Sims and is under downloads>game mods>overrides-other.

Finding that something with the patch or Generations EP itself broke routing was bad enough but when I clicked through for the detailed instructions on how to fix, I really got upset because it entails the use of tools, one of which I don't use. Furthermore, it is not a task I would undertake. It's way too complicated for an average user.

With what I have now encountered with traveling, I consider the EP useless. I would uninstall it were it not for the fact that a lot of user created worlds use CAW items from it that I need and it has other catalogue objects that I enjoy.

I hope that EA will fix this. I hope a mod or dev sees my post and realizes that this is not a simple glitch, this is a game breaking problem that needs to be addressed. I wish I could say that I had no doubt it would be fixed but considering the glitch that hasn't allowed us to excavate hasn't been taken care of for well over a year, it's hard to feel optimistic.

For those with threads in this forum asking if WA is worth purchasing, I can only say that at one time it was but that is no longer the case. Unless you want to look at WA as a stuff pack, or for objects necessary in a user created world that you want to download, I can't recommend purchasing unless the problems are fixed. I will continue to hope EA will fix WA problems but I certainly won't be holding my breath during the wait.

Comments

• Options
    feketemacskafeketemacska Posts: 129
    edited August 2011
    Hi,

from your post it seems to me that the problem is not with WA but rather with the Generations patch? I stopped installing patches and buying games after Late Night. I don't mind missing out Generations and the new stuff pack but I wanted to buy Pets... I won't do it because I can't fix my game if it breaks again. (Mods saved it after LN but I've lost track after that, what to do with the new bugs and issues.)
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi - I don't have Generations but I have noticed that with the update preceding that EP, I had more routing issues in the game, period. In WA when I tell my Sim to "go through door", he stops and stares at it. Tell him "go here" to just before the darn door, then go through door and he goes through. Same with the stairs in the tombs.

Just one more glitch.
  • Options
    bookfreak9590bookfreak9590 Posts: 23
    edited August 2011
    I must be in the same boat with you on this issue.

I just bought Generations and had a severe problem with it that I had to re-install all my games (base, WA, and Gen). I got the patch recently and installed that. All seemed to work well...until.. I had my family go on vacation. It seemed as if they never arrived. The photos below show the problem I had.
    IMG_8424.jpg
    IMG_8425.jpg

I am currently uninstalling my game again and re-installing, as I think that might be the only way to solve this problem (fingers crossed).

I'm hoping that this thread gets their attention- how frustrating it is to not be able to play the game that I purchased! Generations works fine, yet I still want to be able to use WA.

Quality vs. Quantity. It seems like EA pushes too much quantity.
  • Options
    ellacharm3dellacharm3d Posts: 84 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hey! That's me! :D

The worlds don't "just now" generate routing lags! These issues have been in the .world files from the time of release of each Pack that supplies the .world file. Though like everyone's been saying and as did my threads, something in the 1.22/1.24 patch has made the lags more pronounced, more frequent and thus more noticeable.

It is just that no one else make a fix that is permanent, other than these fixes, and certainly not EA all this while, as all the patches up to this point have left the .world files untouched.

HP figured out a way of fixing it last Nov. As you can see from this thread, right here on the forums: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/300450.page
    And, I just use that same method on all the other worlds since no one has done them.

And if that thread has been visible hear since Nov 2010, you think they are ever going to fix WA just because of my downloads? When they have not even fix the Excavation bug, and other StoryProgression bugs?

I'm not holding my breath. :roll:
    But I thank you for giving my downloads some exposure. 8)

ps: @DOLLDRMS1, if you're not comfortable messing about with s3pe, I have the .world files themselves available for download, fyi.