Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

effects issue

i dont know if its an issue or not, since its not directly effecting gameplay, but various effects will not show up on my game. i dont know if its because im behind on expansions or not but some of the graphins are wither warped or not there

the ones that wont show up are the item related for the most part, like the flambe drinks from the bar, the lights and effects from the club lights and the FX emiter thing, theres no steam from the hottubs,

basically all the ingame effects that should be there arent there. is there a way to fix it, or do i need to uninstall and reinstall?

i have a feeling it has to do with a house i downloaded and had all this stuff that isnt in the game itself (is far as i know, i only have two EPs and one SP installed) soo im going to take them out and see if its fixed

Edit: its not the blur removal either, thats been no problem and hasnt screwed with my game at all

Comments

• Options
    lil_slglil_slg Posts: 1,010 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I have this same issue, but the reason for mine is simply a MOD I installed into my game. It sounds like the house you downloaded is the cause to your problem. Unless you maybe have the same/similar MOD to me?
  • Options
    iToshibaiToshiba Posts: 59
    edited August 2011
    maybe, the only mod i really ever downloaded was this one http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343951

everything else was either from the sims resource or the store
  • Options
    lil_slglil_slg Posts: 1,010 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm pretty sure that's your problem, that's the one I have and I'm tempted to take it off, miss the effects too much!
  • Options
    iToshibaiToshiba Posts: 59
    edited August 2011
    its never created an issue before, if i get too fed up i may just have to reinstall everything

or maybe i need to overwrite it with a more recent one