Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

....well...this ain't creepy at all....blue baby.

bluebluenumb.png

My character Misty Rhodes I gave her blue skin, BUT the lightest blue skin there was, I liked the dead look on her. She married William Fangman, and had this lovely child Athena....

I'm scared...

Comments

• Options
    ilovetaylorlatnerilovetaylorlatner Posts: 5,790 New Member
    edited August 2011
    She doesn't look very happy about it either :lol:
  • Options
    CanineGallowsCanineGallows Posts: 337 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Im not sure but maybe it's skin will get lighter when it grows, Im pretty sure thats what happened when my sims daughters were bright red.

Also don't say blue baby into the mirror, baaad mojo.
  • Options
    SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Im not sure but maybe it's skin will get lighter when it grows, Im pretty sure thats what happened when my sims daughters were bright red.

Also don't say blue baby into the mirror, baaad mojo.

Huh that's an interesting fact. And I'll make sure not to.
  • Options
    SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited August 2011
    bluebluenumb.png

....well it didn't get lighter....

bluebluenumb.png

Needless to say, I'm never messing with the color palate of the skin variety again.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited August 2011
    William Fangman is very dark-skinned, isn't he? I haven't seen him in my game for awhile because SP almost always moves his household out.

If I am correct, though.. his dark brown skin combined with her pale blue skin to create a dark blue baby. Interesting combo of genetics there, lol.. poor kid. ;P
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2011
    William Fangman is very dark-skinned, isn't he? I haven't seen him in my game for awhile because SP almost always moves his household out.

If I am correct, though.. his dark brown skin combined with her pale blue skin to create a dark blue baby. Interesting combo of genetics there, lol.. poor kid. ;P

Correct, skin tone and skin color are not combined, so instead of getting dark brown and light blue he could also get dark blue or light brown.
  • Options
    julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Whoa :shock:

You have to admit, the genetics are interesting!

Actually, one of the children my Sim family had looked really dark when she was born (just a darker brown than the other children), even darker than the father's tone. As she grew older, it did look less dark. As a YA now, the skin tone fits her well.

That could just be my imagination though :P
  • Options
    shuttleXparisshuttleXparis Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2011
    I've learned not to have babies with william fangman lol last time i did my baby looked like a gremlin baby...
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited August 2011
    Awwww why worry about the skintone? She's adorable!
  • Options
    SIMAddict211SIMAddict211 Posts: 134 New Member
    edited August 2011
    The baby looks so angelic yet creepy in a cute sort of way :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ChadricChadric Posts: 345 Member
    edited August 2011
    If you want to change it you can use the edit in CAS cheat and change the skin tone to something else.
    Just Shift-CTRL-C type in testingcheatsenabled on hit enter and then shift click on the sim and select Edit in Create a Sim.
  • Options
    WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited August 2011
    As StarlingGray said, the game selects a random value between the two parents' skin tone values for the child. So, for example, if you had a mother with light red skin and a father with dark blue skin, the baby would get either Red or Blue at an intensity anywhere between their mother and father's--ie. they could have dark red, light blue, or anywhere in the middle. :3
  • Options
    BuffyspikerBuffyspiker Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited August 2011
    Wow. She did turn out really blue didn't she? She's a cutie though.

The best part of this though, is how completely unimpressed the mother looks at having a blue baby. :lol:
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited August 2011
    Salanti wrote:
    bluebluenumb.png

....well it didn't get lighter....

bluebluenumb.png

Needless to say, I'm never messing with the color palate of the skin variety again.

At least the baby has the mother's hair...? (more or less) :roll: does that help? :mrgreen:

I think Athena is adorable with her blue skin :)
  • Options
    katgrrlkatgrrl Posts: 3
    edited August 2011
    if you have the generations expansion pack you can open the cheat thing by holding down ctrl+shift+c then type in 'testingcheatsenabled true'then click enter. then go to ur toddler and right click on her and the action 'edit in create a sim' should appear, click on it and u can change her skin from blue:P unless you like the blue, tbh i think its cool xD