Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New to create a world

So i finally got round to downloading create a world, but im having problems getting the roads to snap into position and join them together, would also like to know what is the latest version ? or if there's any update ?

Comments

• Options
    HeyWhatReubHeyWhatReub Posts: 81 New Member
    edited August 2011
    A good road CAW tutorial that includes roads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82j_YJ01Bac and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I30LHh4uOtw The roads are in the second part, but I find the whole tutorial brilliant.

Version: If you have a working version of CAW and you plan on using it seriously, don't download a different version or install any game patches. EA don't support CAW very well, so if it works, stick with it.
  • Options
    JACKIESEANJACKIESEAN Posts: 148
    edited August 2011
    I have been through that tutorial and yes its good but my roads are snapping together like his :?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi,

Are you trying to turn them or connect them at angles or something? Is this just end road to end road?

When you're creating a road and dragging it along... it won't snap to another road end. It will snap to an intersection though when dragged to the intersection *as it's being placed. (not including using the move tool)

To get two road ends together use the Move World Object tool and click on the road. This will highlight the end tabs.
    Click the dark blue end box on the road end you want to connect and drag it to the other road end you want it to connect to. You will know it's connected when the end tab turns light blue- or green. Green road lines means the road is straight...

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Thanks ill give it a try, i have a road going down a hill but cant seem to get it to connect at the top of the hill with the other road, ill try what you have suggested, thank you
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    This isnt working for me, im trying to connect two end roads together on a angle but its up a hill, do you think thats why its not working ?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    It works now yeyyyy thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Am now trying to connect 2 rod ends un a hill to go round a corner and the road ends just wont click together ggggrrrrr been trying for a couple of hours now :(
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited August 2011
    Grab the ends of the roads and move them a bit. Then try lining them up. When connecting roads on hills/curves, it can be tricky.