Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outside families Not having kids?

Okay, I had a family That started with Oberon and Stephanie Weeb. They had 4 kids, Rose, Judy, Rick, and Mikal, and Judy had an imaginary friend named Teddy. I kicked out Rose, Rick, and Mikal with their spouses, and I gave them all "family Oriented" trait, and "surrounded by Family" as their goals. To at least get one or two kids.

None of them had kids, and a couple are elders now.

Judy and Teddy had 3 Children, Abe, Amanda, and Samantha. Amanda and Samantha had imaginary friends Harry and Luna. Abe Married a sim I made they both had "Family Oriented" and "Surrounded by Family" and I kicked them out due to being a full family. Samantha and Luna got married I made them adopt Jason, which ended up being Judy's first Grandchild. I gave them both "Family Oriented" and "Surrounded by Family" and kicked them out.

This leaves me with Judy, Amanda and Harry. Amanda and Harry had a daughter they named after Stephanie and they have another on the way. Judy wants to see 5 grandkids before she dies. Since I am working on Amanda and Harry I didn't give them Family Oriented or Surrounded by Family.

When I got to this point I looked at the family tree, and other than Jason, no other children were born in the Weeb Family outside of me handling them. Granted they might have landed in a full household but I'm finding this odd considering I had families before that had kids on their own after kicked out.

Comments

• Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited July 2011
    I hate that. It seems EA didn't program in a prospering town.

But I got Twallans Story Progression mod and now almost everyone in town gets married or into relationships and have kids. My family tree is quite large because of it.

The townsfolk never seem to do much of anything on their own.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited July 2011
    There are plenty of sims dying not enough being born >.< and honestly, I haven't had a problem with prospering towns before Late Night and Generations. I even had a boss that hated children having children :/
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2011
    Do you have progression off with aging on, that can cause what you describe. Personally I hate EA progression anyway and use a mod version instead.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Story progression is on. Only thing that is unchecked is "Suppress opportunities"
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited July 2011
    Do you have a lot of elders in town? SP has populations limits, so you may need to remove some of the old folks, or families that aren't relevant to your story.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ldmarko wrote:
    Do you have a lot of elders in town? SP has populations limits, so you may need to remove some of the old folks, or families that aren't relevant to your story.

They are dying off quickly enough.