Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Warnings for Generations EP

Hi guys,
I've just bought the Generations EP but haven't installed it yet.

Could anyone please let me know whether there are any major glitches that I should look out for that are caused by this EP? I'm fully patched up to date but still hesitating as I don't want any game-breaking bugs/glitches. Atm, I have the base game and Late Night installed.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    maxine999maxine999 Posts: 206
    edited July 2011
    Hi-I-don't-have-gen-yet-so6I-don't-know :roll:
  • Options
    JassieteacakeJassieteacake Posts: 237 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm too afraid to install it, and wondering from other people's experiences whether they would recommend I go ahead or to wait for the moment. :-S
  • Options
    HazellHazell Posts: 304 Member
    edited July 2011
    My game has never crashed on me, and i'd be playing for hours on end ! I also have every expansion and stuff pack so if anything, that would make it more prone to glitches!
    I've only experienced minor glitches, like my teenage sim got stuck constantly walking in the ''sneak walk'' , shes an adult now and is still doing it ! :lol: Also , at weddings some guests get stuck cheering or throwing petals, but thats nothing 'resetsim X X' won't cure. :mrgreen:
    Another glitch is when my sims are spose to age up, they appear like a child/toddler before turning into a child, or a child/teen before turning into a teen!
    Like this ;
    Screenshot-538.jpg

When he aged up, he was a normal teen ! :P
    I'd say install it ! It's well worth it! :lol:
  • Options
    andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited July 2011
    My game runs really good I haven't run into any glitches yet :mrgreen: It all depends on if you have CC and mods too take those off first.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2011
    It would be a sad waste of your money to have bought it and then not try it. Just make sure you keep a back up of your game before you install it and do the usual process of taking out mods/cc first.

• Options
    JassieteacakeJassieteacake Posts: 237 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hazell wrote:
    My game has never crashed on me, and i'd be playing for hours on end ! I also have every expansion and stuff pack so if anything, that would make it more prone to glitches!
    I've only experienced minor glitches, like my teenage sim got stuck constantly walking in the ''sneak walk'' , shes an adult now and is still doing it ! :lol: Also , at weddings some guests get stuck cheering or throwing petals, but thats nothing 'resetsim X X' won't cure. :mrgreen:
    Another glitch is when my sims are spose to age up, they appear like a child/toddler before turning into a child, or a child/teen before turning into a teen!
    Like this ;
    Screenshot-538.jpg

When he aged up, he was a normal teen ! :P
    I'd say install it ! It's well worth it! :lol:

Awesome to see so many positive comments! After seeing so many complaints about major glitches I've become really cautious and reluctant to buy new expansions. About the sneak walk bug, I literally just read about a solution to that here on the forums - I'll see if I can find it again so you could fix that.

LOL that screenshot is hilarious - he kinda reminds me of Mini Me from Austin Powers LOL. Thanks so much for your advice, really appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2011
    Awesome to see so many positive comments! After seeing so many complaints about major glitches I've become really cautious and reluctant to buy new expansions. About the sneak walk bug, I literally just read about a solution to that here on the forums - I'll see if I can find it again so you could fix that.
    There's some details of fixes for the sneak walk bug here:

http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/search?q=walk&x=0&y=0

Jassie, I hope you enjoy Generations and don't have too many bugs. I love it and am not letting minor problems spoil it for me.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited July 2011
    My computer crashed when i was playing...pretty sure tht wasnt the games fault though i found out i had a trojan virus...but its all good now lol.
  • Options
    SianystarSianystar Posts: 1,515 New Member
    edited July 2011
    You won't know if you'll have bugs or glitches until you play! Everyone seems to be affected differently.

I'd say go for it! It's a brilliant expansion, my favourite thus far. Install it! Now!! GO!!!