Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Toddler...

I recently had a set of twins in my baby challenge game. I entered my game this morning to discover that one is missing, though!

She is listed in the family tree. is listed in the relationships panel, and is]/b] listed in (most) Master Controller interactions (unfortunately, Focus is not one of them.)

Any idea where my kid went?

iaza19902375511800.png
iaza19902342949600.png
purple_flowers_39.jpg

Comments

• Options
    krose240krose240 Posts: 14,363 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I'd say that the game glitched and placed the kid in a different household...go to edit town and check all the households in your town and see if she's there...I'm guessing the game 'deleted' the sim and replaced it somewhere in town... :?
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited July 2011
    *rushes to edit town mode hopefully*

If she was replaced by a doppelganger, though... would she still have the relationship?
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    technically, when the game 'deletes' a sim, it just moves it somewhere else in town...the sim is never actually deleted...at least, in my game that's never happened...except for the grim reaper...*shudders* story for another day...anyway, she SHOULD still have the relationship because if the toddler shows up on the relationship panel then they probably still exist in game and were not replaced or lost...that's just in my experience... :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    *crosses fingers*
    I hope I find her somewhere. Checking through all the households.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    she should be there...theoretically...and, if not, perhaps try closing down the game and restarting from the last save?
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited July 2011
    Or re-set sim.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The thing is, that's pretty much what I did. I closed the game last night when I went to bed, just reopened it...and poof.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ErnesaT wrote:
    Or re-set sim.

I tried this. Wherever she is, she probably did reset, but I didn't see it because, well, she isn't a part of my household.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited July 2011
    Go to city hall, run master controller, sim, status, age,toddler then her name, it should tell you where she is.. if you get the "out of town" run overwatch, immediate, recover missing sim
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Oooh. You sound like you know this from experience.

I just closed my game in an attempt at recovering her, but if that doesn't work, I'll try your method next.

Also, oddly enough, it's just her picture that isn't showing up. I just discovered, while searching through families in town, that she is a part of my household, as our family has a picture of me holding her while everyone else stands around. So she must be there somewhere...?
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    UH OH.
    It says she's Out Of Town, as well as her Imaginary Friend Tyra.

When you say run Overwatch, do you mean the separate mod? Because I don't have that one.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    amberwavesamberwaves Posts: 2,268 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Yes, Overwatch is another one of Nraas mods. I suggest you try it. Once it is installed click city hall > nraas > overwatch > immediate > recover missing sims

Hopefully that works.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    amberwaves wrote:
    Yes, Overwatch is another one of Nraas mods. I suggest you try it. Once it is installed click city hall > nraas > overwatch > immediate > recover missing sims

Hopefully that works.

>.<
    It had better work. Sigh. Otherwise I'll have to work her disappearance into my story until she and Aikido are children and I can invite her over and add her to my household xD
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    OMG YAY!!!!
    SHE'S BACK!!!
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    amberwavesamberwaves Posts: 2,268 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Glad to hear it. :thumbup:
  • Options
    Kitty_ScratchesKitty_Scratches Posts: 1,976
    edited July 2011
    UH OH.
    It says she's Out Of Town, as well as her Imaginary Friend Tyra.

If you hadn't found her, I would've assumed that she ran away.
  • Options
    fungamer2fungamer2 Posts: 40 Member
    edited October 2011
    What do you do when you can't find your toddler after using the master controller? I spent two hours trying to find my toddler and she's nowhere. There's no grave stone for her either. She has just vanished!! Do I assume she was kidnapped or ran away?
    :cry: