Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition not availabe in Belgium?

I just read a note from one of the EA Benelux Simgurus that the Limited edition of pets will not be available in the Belgian stores. If we want the limited edition we have to download it from Origin. I would like the disc version and not the downloadable version. This is discrimination and makes me upset. :cry::cry:

Comments

• Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited July 2011
    We can get the disc version in the UK but only online. An exclusive was given to play.com by EA. This means it's still not available in shops.

With three months still to go, I suspect EA are looking for retailers in other countries for exclusives and Belgium might be among them.

I really hope it all gets sorted out soon for you. There are quite a few threads about this, mostly UK threads at the moment. I think they announced the EP too soon and should have had all this sorted out before any announcement, there are a lot of very unhappy people right now.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2011
    We can get the disc version in the UK but only online. An exclusive was given to play.com by EA. This means it's still not available in shops.

With three months still to go, I suspect EA are looking for retailers in other countries for exclusives and Belgium might be among them.

I really hope it all gets sorted out soon for you. There are quite a few threads about this, mostly UK threads at the moment. I think they announced the EP too soon and should have had all this sorted out before any announcement, there are a lot of very unhappy people right now.

I am not very hopeful that EA will do anything at this stage. If they had plans to sell the disc version of the Limited edition they wouldn't have announced that it wouldn't be availabe in Belgium. What I do not understand is why can't they be available here? Does not make sense! Other limited editions/special editions of other games from other companies are availabe here in the Belgian game stores. So why not Sims 3 Pets Limited edition???? :?: :?: :?: :?:
  • Options
    sanderdegrotesanderdegrote Posts: 84 Member
    edited July 2011
    I hope there's going to be limited editions on ebay when this game comes out, because won't buy anything from origin.
  • Options
    betelgeuse6742betelgeuse6742 Posts: 148 Member
    edited July 2011
    I think the moral of this story is (I live in the UK) is,
    If you don't live in the states, EA don't care. Their release date is always earlier than everywhere else, they always have more options to purchase than everywhere else (Japan haven't got it anywhere except Origins for DD either) and the only reason they sell it elsewhere is to grab a few extra $$.
    Wouldn't bother me half as much if the English version in the UK actually had English spellings. They don't even bother changing that.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I hope there's going to be limited editions on ebay when this game comes out, because won't buy anything from origin.

Well, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra if only they would make the disc form of Limited Edition available here in Belgium. I do not use credit card and so I cannot shop through Origin! :cry::cry:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think the moral of this story is (I live in the UK) is,
    If you don't live in the states, EA don't care. Their release date is always earlier than everywhere else, they always have more options to purchase than everywhere else (Japan haven't got it anywhere except Origins for DD either) and the only reason they sell it elsewhere is to grab a few extra $$.
    Wouldn't bother me half as much if the English version in the UK actually had English spellings. They don't even bother changing that.

Well, I do not mind waiting a few days before the eps or sps are released here in Belgium. What bothers me is why should we be deprived of the Limited edition? We are paying customers too! :cry::cry::cry: They should at least make it available in the EA Sims 3 stores (for free).
  • Options
    kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited July 2011
    yanti68 wrote:
    Well, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra if only they would make the disc form of Limited Edition available here in Belgium. I do not use credit card and so I cannot shop through Origin! :cry::cry:
    Me too. And I would also not mind waiting a few more days/weeks for it. However, at the moment it looks like that also in Germany the only option is Origin... something I will not use. To many people in Germany have problems with the Origin store.

Well, it is EA...they realy give the impression of not realy caring about customers, especially from other countries. And that applies for other games from them too, as well as support and forums. I would appreciate, if they would start to do something against this impression.

Therefore, if someone of the responsible people from EA reads here (I doubt... -_-), please listen to your customers, and I mean all your customers, regardless of country. And at the moment, a lot of customers would like to have the possibility to purchase the LE as a disk-version in their country.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited July 2011
    Because EA think that America is the only country in the world worth keeping happy. The rest of us are their little lab rats so they can see how high we'll jump for this stupid limited edition EP.

They may well announce it in a store - but don't be surprised if it isn't an exclusive like what's happened here in the UK.

The way they're treating their customers outside of the US is disgusting.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    yanti68 wrote:
    Me too. And I would also not mind waiting a few more days/weeks for it. However, at the moment it looks like that also in Germany the only option is Origin... something I will not use. To many people in Germany have problems with the Origin store.

Well, it is EA...they realy give the impression of not realy caring about customers, especially from other countries. And that applies for other games from them too, as well as support and forums. I would appreciate, if they would start to do something against this impression.

Therefore, if someone of the responsible people from EA reads here (I doubt... -_-), please listen to your customers, and I mean all your customers, regardless of country. And at the moment, a lot of customers would like to have the possibility to purchase the LE as a disk-version in their country.

I agree. Absolutely. EA gives the impression of not caring for their non-U.S. customers.
  • Options
    Danny68Danny68 Posts: 524 New Member
    edited July 2011
    It's really unfair that you guys don't get the limited edition in disc form. :(
    In Aus we're really lucky, it's available from 3 main stores.. it just doesn't make sense that other countries don't have the same option we do. Really hoping that you get some good news.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Because EA think that America is the only country in the world worth keeping happy. The rest of us are their little lab rats so they can see how high we'll jump for this stupid limited edition EP.

They may well announce it in a store - but don't be surprised if it isn't an exclusive like what's happened here in the UK.

The way they're treating their customers outside of the US is disgusting.

I never realised that we (simmers from Belgium) were different from other customers until now. Why can't they make the pet shop that is included in the limited edition avaialable for download in the sims 3 store? That would solve the problem of so many unhappy customers!
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited July 2011
    TBH I wouldn't be happy if it was available in the store because that'd mean I'd be paying for the game plus whatever overinflated price they decided to charge for something that IMO should never have been removed from the game and offered exclusively in the first place.

In the end EA have probably shot themselves in the foot with this; it may well be the straw that finally breaks the camel's back. They've mistreated their customers for far too long and I wouldn't be surprised if people start to bite back and just turn around and say that they'll stop buying their games.

I don't buy EA games because in general I find them lacking and buggy. Sims is the exception to that rule because I can fix that with mods and I love the game but even I have my limit and I'm getting very very close to it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    TBH I wouldn't be happy if it was available in the store because that'd mean I'd be paying for the game plus whatever overinflated price they decided to charge for something that IMO should never have been removed from the game and offered exclusively in the first place.

In the end EA have probably shot themselves in the foot with this; it may well be the straw that finally breaks the camel's back. They've mistreated their customers for far too long and I wouldn't be surprised if people start to bite back and just turn around and say that they'll stop buying their games.

I don't buy EA games because in general I find them lacking and buggy. Sims is the exception to that rule because I can fix that with mods and I love the game but even I have my limit and I'm getting very very close to it.

They could make the Pet shop free for download in the Sims 3 store. As a registration bonus. That would make everyone happy. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Danny68 wrote:
    It's really unfair that you guys don't get the limited edition in disc form. :(
    In Aus we're really lucky, it's available from 3 main stores.. it just doesn't make sense that other countries don't have the same option we do. Really hoping that you get some good news.

Thank you. That is very sweet of you. I only wish that we could get some good news too. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    It is still not available for Belgium. :( The Limited edition of pets is not available for pre-order here. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    jonisha_xjonisha_x Posts: 26
    edited August 2011
    I'm from Belgium too, I have every single Sims that exists, all the expansion packs for the Sims, The sims 2 and The Sims 3 and now I can't get the limited edition because I can't order it in the Netherlands and they don't sell it in Belgium, it's not that fair you know =) if they want to make the sims 3 pets LE exclusive, that's fine with me, but they could base that exclusivity on something else than the country you live in =) of course everyone can order the sims from origin.com, but my parents say they won't allow it because they're against downloading, I don't know if someone from EA or the sims 3 will ever read this, and I'm not mad, but I just feel a little bit left behind, because spoiled kids who have just got to know the sims will be able to get this limited edition, I worked to be able to buy it, and during my last week I got to know that the LE is not available in Belgium, I recently bought a computer that has better graphics so I could enjoy playing the sims to the fullest, imagine how that feels =) I guess I'll just have to settle for the normal edition, but I think they should really consider the fact that they left A LOT of people down =)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    jonisha_x wrote:
    I'm from Belgium too, I have every single Sims that exists, all the expansion packs for the Sims, The sims 2 and The Sims 3 and now I can't get the limited edition because I can't order it in the Netherlands and they don't sell it in Belgium, it's not that fair you know =) if they want to make the sims 3 pets LE exclusive, that's fine with me, but they could base that exclusivity on something else than the country you live in =) of course everyone can order the sims from origin.com, but my parents say they won't allow it because they're against downloading, I don't know if someone from EA or the sims 3 will ever read this, and I'm not mad, but I just feel a little bit left behind, because spoiled kids who have just got to know the sims will be able to get this limited edition, I worked to be able to buy it, and during my last week I got to know that the LE is not available in Belgium, I recently bought a computer that has better graphics so I could enjoy playing the sims to the fullest, imagine how that feels =) I guess I'll just have to settle for the normal edition, but I think they should really consider the fact that they left A LOT of people down =)

I know how you feel. It is just not fair. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    yanti68 wrote:
    jonisha_x wrote:

I know how you feel. It is just not fair. :(

No, it really isn't =)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    You know, we'd all get on better and maybe further with this if we could all agree to post on one thread about it. While there are several posts about this, none will have any weight unless we all post in one place and ignore the people trying to flame the posts too.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    caitlinx00caitlinx00 Posts: 170 Member
    edited August 2011
    jonisha_x wrote:
    I have every single Sims that exists, all the expansion packs for the Sims, The sims 2 and The Sims 3 and now I can't get the limited edition because I can't order it in the Netherlands and they don't sell it in Belgium, it's not that fair you know =)

Stories like this make EA's attempt to market the LE as a reward for customer loyalty completely farcical.

I'm really sorry that you can't get a physical copy of the LE in Belgium at all, and I hope they see sense and make it available somewhere! :(
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I don't know whether you speak Flemish or french, but I though it was available in France if that helps. I could be wrong though.

What I do know is that EP's don't come with the language hard coded. If you installed the base game with your referred language, then putting in one from France would still come up with your language. Hope you know what I mean. The language files are already in the base game files, so it would go by them. I thought about getting it from Europe and installing it here to play in English.

Basically we could get it from, anywhere in Europe and it should install with our chosen language, I'd like confirmation on that though. I think I'll post about it and see if I can get an answer.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    caitlinx00 wrote:
    jonisha_x wrote:
    I have every single Sims that exists, all the expansion packs for the Sims, The sims 2 and The Sims 3 and now I can't get the limited edition because I can't order it in the Netherlands and they don't sell it in Belgium, it's not that fair you know =)

Stories like this make EA's attempt to market the LE as a reward for customer loyalty completely farcical.

I'm really sorry that you can't get a physical copy of the LE in Belgium at all, and I hope they see sense and make it available somewhere! :(

Thanks =) It's always nice when people understand how you feel =) but I'll get the LE =) I still just have to figure out how I'm going to do that =P
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I don't know whether you speak Flemish or french, but I though it was available in France if that helps. I could be wrong though.

What I do know is that EP's don't come with the language hard coded. If you installed the base game with your referred language, then putting in one from France would still come up with your language. Hope you know what I mean. The language files are already in the base game files, so it would go by them. I thought about getting it from Europe and installing it here to play in English.

Basically we could get it from, anywhere in Europe and it should install with our chosen language, I'd like confirmation on that though. I think I'll post about it and see if I can get an answer.

Flemish, and thanks =) I'll try ordering it in France =)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't think it's a matter of discrimination. Have any of you tried to contact your local game retailers to find out why they are not selling copies of the Limited Edition Pets game?

EA has a vested interest in selling their game through as many outlets as it can, so it is illogical that they would refuse to carry the Limited Edition of Pets through either Belgium or the Netherlands retailer, *unless the retailers themselves refuse to carry the game*. EA knows that they have a huge fanbase in Europe; that's why they have all these fan events based in Europe all the time, while we in the US get one fan event in California *if we're lucky*.

So, instead of coming over here and hollering discrimination, and claiming that EA only cares about its American contingent, why not try going to the source of your discontent, mainly the big game stores that usually carry Sims 3 products and ask *them* why they're not willing to order the disk copies from EA so that they can turn around and sell them to you? EA's not going to ship the games to any retailer that doesn't order it from them first. So, please, contact your local game retailers and find out the facts of the matter before you come over here making accusations.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    I don't think it's a matter of discrimination. Have any of you tried to contact your local game retailers to find out why they are not selling copies of the Limited Edition Pets game?

EA has a vested interest in selling their game through as many outlets as it can, so it is illogical that they would refuse to carry the Limited Edition of Pets through either Belgium or the Netherlands retailer, *unless the retailers themselves refuse to carry the game*. EA knows that they have a huge fanbase in Europe; that's why they have all these fan events based in Europe all the time, while we in the US get one fan event in California *if we're lucky*.

So, instead of coming over here and hollering discrimination, and claiming that EA only cares about its American contingent, why not try going to the source of your discontent, mainly the big game stores that usually carry Sims 3 products and ask *them* why they're not willing to order the disk copies from EA so that they can turn around and sell them to you? EA's not going to ship the games to any retailer that doesn't order it from them first. So, please, contact your local game retailers and find out the facts of the matter before you come over here making accusations.

Bart Smit and E-plaza are two company's that have stores in Belgium and the Netherlands, they have the same management and the items they sell are stocked in the same places, but still they only sell the sims 3 pets limited edition only in the Netherlands, can you explain that to me then? I don't want to be rude, we don't make accusations, I've called stores already, they said they weren't asked if they wanted to sell the LE? So before you start saying that we didn't think and just started to make accusations, please, I never said anything bad about EA or the sims 3, I only said it was unfair, if you were in the same position wouldn't you be disapointed?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top