Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will your system run it? Check here

I have noticed there are alot of people here that wonder about if there computer can run the game or not (if getting game or new computer) and could possibly solve some of the is the game just screwing up or is it my computer. There is a site called Game Debate http://www.game-debate.com where you can check your computer specs by answering few drop boxes such as your CPU, graphic card, how much ram you have and what screen resolution you have and then it will tell you how well your system should be able to run it. From unplayable, low, medium, high settings. I have tested using different settings while playing the sims 3 and found the site to be pretty accurate. Hope it helps you all game happy. :D

Comments

• Options
    TastyLumpia4077TastyLumpia4077 Posts: 734 New Member
    edited July 2011
    And if you google "Can I run it" or something along those lines, there's a site where it can actually tell you your CPU, RAM, etc and whether it meets the games minimum requirements.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    Purplefreak3Purplefreak3 Posts: 583 Member
    edited July 2011
    clubers wrote:

that "can i run it" site which is the link in the quote ewww gotta install a add-on for that to work, I believe if don't know what in your own computer then maybe that a reason why people have trouble running games. But back to topic Game Debate goes into more detail such as user comments, game trailers, game specs instead of a "yes or no" answer which I assume would be from the title of "can I run it" site.
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2011
    clubers wrote:

that "can i run it" site which is the link in the quote ewww gotta install a add-on for that to work, I believe if don't know what in your own computer then maybe that a reason why people have trouble running games. But back to topic Game Debate goes into more detail such as user comments, game trailers, game specs instead of a "yes or no" answer which I assume would be from the title of "can I run it" site.

Actually, CYRI does go into detail with the specifications of the game and the ones on your computer. The site will tell you if your graphics card for example meets the requirements, and if it doesn't, it'll give you a link to a site to buy a graphics card.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't really use those sites. I know what's inside my laptop. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    Game Debate doesn't tell you whats in you computer, person has to tell it then will let person know how will a game will run with those components.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    Game Debate doesn't tell you whats in you computer, person has to tell it then will let person know how will a game will run with those components.
    I know that. What I'm getting at is I know what my laptop can/can't do without having to go to one of those sites.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:
    I know that. What I'm getting at is I know what my laptop can/can't do without having to go to one of those sites.

Ah i see what you are talking about but seems there plenty of people that do need to the help (not trying to insult anyone)
  • Options
    swdknightswdknight Posts: 751 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't trust those websites in regards to Sims 3 and other similar games where the "minimal specs" recommended can not run this game (those websites check your PC in regards to minimal specs recommended).

It gives a sense of false hope with the game, and then results in "Why does my game crash?" or "Blue screen?" help topics due to the PC not being able to handle the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:

Ah i see what you are talking about but seems there plenty of people that do need to the help (not trying to insult anyone)
    I understand why you posted what you did. But there have plenty of threads and posts where people have stated "I checked my computer/laptop on such and such site", then I read their DxDiag reports and tell them no they can't run it. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    swdknight wrote:
    I don't trust those websites in regards to Sims 3 and other similar games where the "minimal specs" recommended can not run this game (those websites check your PC in regards to minimal specs recommended).

It gives a sense of false hope with the game, and then results in "Why does my game crash?" or "Blue screen?" help topics due to the PC not being able to handle the game.

The site I am pointing out does not do "minimal specs"
    System requirements displayed are based on recommended system requirements and should be used as a guide only
    Not saying omg it super uber site that you should believe it 100% I just posted if for people that are wondering about their computer because from my own testing I found the results to be correct on games I tried it with.