Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I get Generations?

So, I got Late Night and I am really pleased that I didn't waste my money. LN is a really great EP. :D However I am getting bored and I decided to purchase another EP. I was so excited about Generations but then I read about the bugs and glitches... ugh I have no idea what to do :shock: I purchased the base game and LN online (digital) and I never had any problem. Should i get Generations?(in digital form again) :?:

sorry for any mistakes I am really tired :P

Comments

• Options
    FlowerGirl429FlowerGirl429 Posts: 176
    edited July 2011
    You should totally get it. I've only experienced ONE problem with the graphics but it was minor and my computer is REALLY ond so that is probably why. It is SO fun and so what if there are some bugs? I reccomend it. :D
  • Options
    ShiverGirlShiverGirl Posts: 252 New Member
    edited July 2011
    So, I got Late Night and I am really pleased that I didn't waste my money. LN is a really great EP. :D However I am getting bored and I decided to purchase another EP. I was so excited about Generations but then I read about the bugs and glitches... ugh I have no idea what to do :shock: I purchased the base game and LN online (digital) and I never had any problem. Should i get Generations?(in digital form again) :?:

It is a really good game, but there is a lot of bugs. You should buy it, but if you have World Adventures it won't work it anymore because it can mess up your game. The bugs are really horrible though.
  • Options
    vintagfreakvintagfreak Posts: 36 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I know it looks so fun and with LN it'll be even better! :D I just want to be sure that I will not experience any SERIOUS problems :P (and the problems wont mess up the installation)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ShiverGirl wrote:
    It is a really good game, but there is a lot of bugs. You should buy it, but if you have World Adventures it won't work it anymore because it can mess up your game. The bugs are really horrible though.

I just have LN and I don't think I'll ever get WA (i'm not too impressed with it :lol: ). Thank you though for warning me :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ShiverGirl wrote:

I just have LN and I don't think I'll ever get WA (i'm not too impressed with it :lol: ). Thank you though for warning me :)

Your welcome! :)
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited July 2011
    World Adventures has SO MUCH -- it will literally turn your game into an entirely new one. New recipes, THREE entirely new neighborhoods FULL of new ethnic sims to meet, become friends with, or marry, new skills like nectar-making, new plants, new things to collect, and the most beautiful things from China to display in your sims' homes. I literally would not play anymore, without all of things you get from WA. I'm that attached to all that you get from it.

Generations, on the other hand, is very subtle. So it depends on what you're looking for. If you want a wealth of "wow factor" stuff, WA is the choice. By far, it has the most in any one expansion pack. If you want interactions and items that revolve around family life in a subtle way, then Generations is your game.

But me -- I have to have BOTH. :P
  • Options
    JMJRLJMJRL Posts: 170 Member
    edited July 2011
    Halle_M wrote:
    World Adventures has SO MUCH -- it will literally turn your game into an entirely new one. New recipes, THREE entirely new neighborhoods FULL of new ethnic sims to meet, become friends with, or marry, new skills like nectar-making, new plants, new things to collect, and the most beautiful things from China to display in your sims' homes. I literally would not play anymore, without all of things you get from WA. I'm that attached to all that you get from it.

Generations, on the other hand, is very subtle. So it depends on what you're looking for. If you want a wealth of "wow factor" stuff, WA is the choice. By far, it has the most in any one expansion pack. If you want interactions and items that revolve around family life in a subtle way, then Generations is your game.

But me -- I have to have BOTH. :P

Haha, same. I absolutely love WA. I can't really travel without my sims not being visible at all on the sim panel since Late Night (I think), but still probably my favourite EP. So so in depth. Brilliant. I agree, Generations is quite subtle, I think even more so as it doesn't add a new neighbourhood, so blends in really. But still wouldn't be without it. I'm too attached now. The only real bug/glitch I've experienced with Generations is one of my sims being pregnant for like 6 sims days; At which point I got too frustrated and moved them to another house, which fixed it... Well, trigged the labour. She's been in labour for days and days now. Peeing herself and everything.

I've uninstalled all EPs now though, to wait for when i get my new PC which'll improve my graphics and have no lag.
  • Options
    fabulizfabuliz Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited July 2011
    YES! :) I love it. TONS of new interactions, items, buildings...it's fabulous. I've yet to experience any bugs with it, and I bought it via digital download the day it was released. :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2011
    And yet you've got LN. Late Night and Ambitions probably had the most bug complaints out of all EPs (but as the patches come it seems Ambitions is bug free and World Adventures with Late Night have the most bugs). If you've avoided the glitches with them, then you'll probably avoid the glitches with Generations.
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited July 2011
    It is SO fun and so what if there are some bugs?

Are you high on something? Bugs kind of ruin the whole point. And messes up the game BIG TIME!

ANyway: So one should probably wait untill the bugs are taken care of. The game can be pretty much unplayable. You should buy it, but if you waith for the new patch to fix things..the game might even be cheaper by then? :D
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited July 2011
    If you haven't got it yet, I'd wait until after the get a patch out, and see if it actually manages to fix some of the bugs that make the game nearly unplayable.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    JMJRL wrote:
    Haha, same. I absolutely love WA. I can't really travel without my sims not being visible at all on the sim panel since Late Night (I think), but still probably my favourite EP. So so in depth. Brilliant. I agree, Generations is quite subtle, I think even more so as it doesn't add a new neighbourhood, so blends in really. But still wouldn't be without it. I'm too attached now. The only real bug/glitch I've experienced with Generations is one of my sims being pregnant for like 6 sims days; At which point I got too frustrated and moved them to another house, which fixed it... Well, trigged the labour. She's been in labour for days and days now. Peeing herself and everything.

I've uninstalled all EPs now though, to wait for when i get my new PC which'll improve my graphics and have no lag.
    :shock: The baby will probably be a kid by the time she decides to give birth xD
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So I decided to wait until the patch (I think I'll wait for a looong time :P ) I really hope most of the bugs get fixed so everyone can enjoy sims 3 :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    clubers wrote:
    And yet you've got LN. Late Night and Ambitions probably had the most bug complaints out of all EPs (but as the patches come it seems Ambitions is bug free and World Adventures with Late Night have the most bugs). If you've avoided the glitches with them, then you'll probably avoid the glitches with Generations.
    Really?? Late Night has the most bug complaints? :shock: I never had issues with LN! The only thing I can think of that is kind of annoying is that my sim frizzes for a second when she enters buildings but that's all. Maybe I'm lucky idk :D
  • Options
    russiantararussiantara Posts: 74 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Well, if you enjoy playing with familes, yes. Most of the new items are for kids:tree houses, waterslides, new toys,bunk beds, and that kind of stuff.

WA doesn't mess it up. Its pretty fun. Genrations does crash ALOT. Although I dont ever have glitches.
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'd wait until a patch comes out - which should be in the next week or so, then you know it'll be safe to install :D
  • Options
    goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited July 2011
    ShiverGirl wrote:

The WA bugs are only on certain computers My computer is just fine with world adventures and Generations I have taking my sims to all three locations and back no problems
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    goofhead1 wrote:
    ShiverGirl wrote:

The WA bugs are only on certain computers My computer is just fine with world adventures and Generations I have taking my sims to all three locations and back no problems

No it is not on certain computers, I can tell you that. Lots of people don't have same computers. I think you're just lucky, just like I'm lucky because I've only had minor glitches.

So basically, people who don't get big glitches like others are lucky. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    OliverSuddenOliverSudden Posts: 514 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I can still go on adventures to foreign countries but can't excavate.

The patch with Generations ignored that problem for me.
  • Options
    VickybiiVickybii Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2011
    Being someone who cant play the Sims because it crashes every 10 minutes since installing Generations...I'd tell you to wait ;-)

Its definately worth buying from what Ive managed to experience,but I'd wait on a patch just incase youre one of the unlucky ones :-)
  • Options
    PoppyRichardsPoppyRichards Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited July 2011
    As a last resort you may have to download a mod to fix lag and other problems... if you are prepared to do this, buy the pack.
    2dl3asp.jpg