Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love the direction EA is taking with the last two EPs....

I wasn't overly impressed with the first three EPs for TS3 as they were too quest/leveling-up based and forced you to have elements of gameplay you didn't want (my pet peeves were vampires and celeb spawning). I love that generations and pets seem to be taking a more sandbox/freeplay approach because IMO that is what I enjoy most about the sims. My favorite EP so far has been generations, although I know I will love pets too.

Comments

• Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited July 2011
    well having a horse or any pet is like levels/quests too. You have to train them.

I hate the celeb thing too, I quit playing my town because everyone was a celeb, just because they talked to a celeb, very unrealistic and extremely stupid.

I'm worried in a way, if Pets isn't what we all think it is, there's a good chance I'll stop playing. I'm not playing just now due to not having time to mod most of the irritating stuff out of the game, like scolding for no reason, etc. So I think I've already broke my play habits. I just build now and make worlds.
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited July 2011
    I hate the celeb thing too, I quit playing my town because everyone was a celeb, just because they talked to a celeb, very unrealistic and extremely stupid.

Kind of like LA?

I think I'm just a pushover. I love all the EP's so far. I can't wait for Pets. :D
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited July 2011
    I cannot wait for Pets.. now I feel like my Sims are missing something. Sometimes, I wish EA didn't announce it so early, but then I would just be pulling my hair trying to figure out what the next expansion pack is.

Eh, I can't be satisfied. x_x But then, I can, lol, because I am extremely excited for the pack. :P

I'm really glad to see that Generations (from what I've played of it. x_x, which isn't much) is more of a "laid back, do what you want, family oriented" pack. While I love the interaction of the expansion packs... I feel the expansion packs that I am most happy with is Ambitions and Late Night and so far, so good, Generations. Late Night was more laid back.. let's hit up a night club, and yes, enjoy Celebrity life, too.. but I can see where the trouble of everyone becoming a Celebrity is.. and wonder if there is a mod yet that can tone that down? Make it harder to level up Celebrity Stars? Maybe not.

But I love the night clubs and the nightlife about it, and I am glad to see the creatures starting up with Vampires.. and I hope.. that the next expansions show us something new, but also I would love to see Witches and Aliens back. I seem to say this a lot.. and I have a good feeling that Witches will come since they've given us a spell book. Though.. very expensive. :( I'm thinking 200, EA... *nudge* D:

So, maybe that's a good sign.. then maybe not so much.. maybe that's all the magic their going to do in the game. But that would be weird. x_x Lol

Anyways, I am looking very forward to Pets, and I can't wait for new information, and they got my money the moment that I saw horses in the pack! (They look so energetic and the fact that I can control my pets now, and they can have better traits than what they had in Sims 2; seems they'll have even more adorable, and funny moments just like my Sims in Sims 3. :D I cannot wait to get my hands on this pack...also that it comes out a day before my birthday. Happy birthday . . to ME! ;P) And that kittens/other animals can snuggle up against a horses snout? FREACKin' cute, EA ♥♥♥... perhaps.. I am just like Nighteyes and a very big pushover, too. I love all the expansions, and I am still exploring even World Adventures, because I haven't been able to play all my expansion yet and get a good "idea" of them, or explore them much at all due to moving, and college, etc.. and still trying to get Sims 2 in my schedule.. soo.. D:

But that's just my two cents. =)

Happy Simming.
  • Options
    puppylover1101puppylover1101 Posts: 41
    edited July 2011
    I can't wait for pets either. I hope they make a magic expansion pack too. With the spell book its a start but they should have a magic school with witches and wizards and different magical creatures, like fairies and goblins. Like a Harry Potter expansion pack but it doesn't have to be harry potter just kind of stuff that happend in the story or like it. I would be reaally fun!!!! :D
  • Options
    Anabee344Anabee344 Posts: 223
    edited July 2011
    I love ambitions and generations..
  • Options
    KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Anabee344 wrote:
    I love ambitions and generations..

Same. LN was fun until my town started getting infected with vampires and celebrities. I'm really sick of whining about this problem. I just want it fixed. WA was a fail, there's no other way to describe it.

I'm gonna wait on Pets. I'm not really into pets much anyway, but i have a feeling that this Expansion will bring yet more glitches. And I just don't think I can handle anymore of that...