Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants Christmas back to the sims?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited July 2011
    Frankly, not everyone celebrates holidays in their Sims gameplay. I'm one of those that doesn't. While I have access to the free holiday items in the game, I don't really make much use of them. My Sims have "implied" holidays, I guess, but I don't go out of my way to make the gameplay that realistic.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    iamvanderbiltiamvanderbilt Posts: 30
    edited July 2011
    I wonder if they would make it. I mean, it seems they should. But if they did they would then have to make it for not only Christians, but also for Jews, Muslims, Chinese traditionalists, and so on. And I am not sure if EA would want it to go that far. Though I'd love it if they did!
  • Options
    pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited July 2011
    I am hoping that if Seasons is the next EP released after Pets(which I really hope that it is)that EA would release a holiday stuff pack like they did for SIMS 2. I really miss decorating my homes for Christmas and baking cookies for Santa Claus. Did anyone ever do the New Year's Eve party if you had the holiday stuff pack in SIMS 2? Father Time showed up at midnight for that. I thought that was pretty cool too.
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • Options
    AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited July 2011
    I DIDNT KNOW SANTA ACTUALLY COMES *RUSHES OFF TO INSTALL CHRISTMAS PACK BACK TO COMPUTER* :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    i say make a seasons ep, then release a holdiday sp, so the people who dont want Christmas kwanza Hanukkah etc dont have to buy it
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    calmorezoo wrote:
    cant say i want any religous crapp in the game thank!

As I see it nothing wrong with having something in the game that brings families closer together and what is so bad about religion anyway? I have both free Christmas sets from the store and I love he tree.

I dislike people who show their hate for religion like that. I'm religious and it does confuse me. If you hate racism, why bring it up? That sentence was quite racist to me. It wasn't just to one specific religion but all of them.

Why does nearly all Holiday topics somehow slide to this conversation. Sad!

i agree 100%
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I can't wait to see what this years holiday set from the store has. I'm hoping for some mistletoe.

same here too and egg nogs and fruit cake, and candy canes for trees and out doors. There were a Candy Cane Lane in St Joseph while I was growing up. It is awesome to see It

St Joe is beautiful in christmas, my uncle lives in KC so we drive through it on the way there :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    lovenadia wrote:
    I think it would be great to have it back. For all the people who complain about not wanting religion in your game, you don't have to buy it. It's really that simple.

Also, the person calling religion "crap" is very uncalled for.

once again, 100% agree, we are all entitled to our opinion but dontthe people who dont want religion dont have to say it so rudely hypothetically speaking.........wait i better not start :/
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    and i think it would be cool to have different holiday parties, im a christian but i would be cool if my sim was invited to a Hanukkah party
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,094 Member
    edited July 2011
    I want some sort of Holiday.I don't care what.Even make birthdays a little better, let us actually give birthday presents, or let us hire some type of entertainment for the party(like a clown) Let us bake a birthday cake for the party, not use the premade cake.Let us play games like Pin the tail on the donkey, or a pinata filled with candy.Anything really.

How about some sort of festivals/fairs? Just something to spice up the game, I do like Halloween and I wish we were able to send kids trick or treating,but it most likely won't happen.But I want some new game play or celebrations added.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    and i agree, if i could have snow id be happy for a while i miss that annoying weatherman, and the penguin who'd show up :) and how he talked to snowmen haha that was awesome

sorry for spamming this post :) as you can tell ireally like this topic :D
  • Options
    pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited July 2011
    I want some sort of Holiday.I don't care what.Even make birthdays a little better, let us actually give birthday presents, or let us hire some type of entertainment for the party(like a clown) Let us bake a birthday cake for the party, not use the premade cake.Let us play games like Pin the tail on the donkey, or a pinata filled with candy.Anything really.

How about some sort of festivals/fairs? Just something to spice up the game, I do like Halloween and I wish we were able to send kids trick or treating,but it most likely won't happen.But I want some new game play or celebrations added.

I agree that would be totally cool if we could send the kids off to go trick or treating and the teenagers could go TP the neighbors houses.
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    bump
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited July 2011
    I miss this so much from The Sims 2... It really came with a stuff pack, The Sims 2 Happy Holiday Stuff, and that proves that the Sims 3 team can add new animations to a stuff pack. Not a lot though, just little. They are just getting lazy... Well anyways,i t doesn't have too much relegion, if you don't like it, don't buy it. If this was in Sims 2, it's fine. Don't release it in other countries that don't celebrate Christmas if that's a problem too.. The majority of people who play Sims celebrates Christmas, and a pack like this would sell amazingly on the holidays... I know I would buy it.. There's also religion in Sims Medieval. And to non-religious people - If people see an expansion pack coming out that they don't like, then they don't buy it. If this much religion will cause a problem to you, don't buy it and quit ur whining.
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited July 2011
    AHENRICHs wrote:
    i say make a seasons ep, then release a holdiday sp, so the people who dont want Christmas kwanza Hanukkah etc dont have to buy it

I say make a Seasons pack and make it include holidays, and also things from the Sims Vacation and Sims 2 Bon Voyage like swimming in the ocean, snowboarding/skiing, and make it include things from the Sims 2 Celebration stuff like better birthday parties.. Bake your own cake and stuff. This should also bring a new baker profession. And a non rabbit hole bakery should be added...
  • Options
    BlackGuardianBlackGuardian Posts: 309
    edited July 2011
    mattgstl wrote:
    calmorezoo wrote:

I don't think this has much to do with religion :?
    It is when Jeasus was born :roll: christmas is a very religous ceremony.

Not necessarily. The day originally had nothing to do christianity, it was a Pagan holiday. Just FYI.

Plus, not everyone who celebrates Christmas is religious. It's more a commercial holiday nowadays than anything else.

Also, I don't see a problem with adding "Christmas". We had it in The Sims 2 afterall, didn't cause a stir back then. :?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ya i agree i just said make it separate so ppl woundlt get as upset, and the baker career would be awesome
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,062 Member
    edited July 2011
    I can honestly get behind the idea of a few holidays added to the mix. My suggestion is to add it along with the seasons stuff so that there is one identifiable holiday per season.

1. Spring Holiday - Cross between sort of like easter but without the religious mumbo jumbo. Maybe with some May Day elements

2. Sim Independence Day - Sort of like July 4th or Canada Day just with plumbob flags and fireworks

3. Halloween - Could introduce costumes as a new clothing category and party

4. Christmas & New Years Eve - Call it what you will but the Holiday Stuff from Sims 2 need to make a return along with Santa, Father Time & Baby New Year

Hey I'm also way cool with the chinese new year stuff each year

Mixing this with its appropriate Season will add so much to the game.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,532 Member
    edited July 2011
    And don't forget about Valentines Day one of the most funnest and important of all holidays for sims who are in love. :D

Romantic furniture should be included as well as a heart shaped hottub and bathtub.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    itd be awesome to have thanksgiving as well (these holidays could make having extended families fun)
  • Options
    KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited July 2011
    calmorezoo wrote:

As I see it nothing wrong with having something in the game that brings families closer together and what is so bad about religion anyway? I have both free Christmas sets from the store and I love he tree.

I dislike people who show their hate for religion like that. I'm religious and it does confuse me. If you hate racism, why bring it up? That sentence was quite racist to me. It wasn't just to one specific religion but all of them.

Why does nearly all Holiday topics somehow slide to this conversation. Sad!

I'm sorry but how the heck did you get racism from that. Okay...whatever.

I think it is perfectly possible to make seasons without getting religion tied up into them. Just add the Seasons from the Sims 2 SP. Maybe make an option where a calendar is added to the Sims and the player can choose which holidays get celebrated on which days in which seasons. We're all for controlling our Sims' world right?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well whether EA adds religion or not most of my sims are because I am in real life. They didn't add churches so I downloaded one from the exchange. My sims now celebrate Christmas with the help of the holiday stuff we have in the store and create a style.

This year I will be adding some of my own holiday music to my sims 3 custom music folder so when their giving gifts in front of the tree I can have We Need A Little Christmas by Percy Faith for example playing.

Oh and I can hardly wait for my sims to give gifts in front of the tree since they added this with Gen.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I know they can add holiday stuff in seasons but I'd still prefer a stuff pack because I'm a collector. A sp would include more Chirstmas items then they'll have in seasons.