Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations is my favorite sims EP of all time, but it's time EA fixed the bugs....

I have been playing generations every chance I have since I got it. I love the richness it adds to playing families in the game. I've wanted an EP like this since the TS1 days. I would give it a 10/10 if it wasn't for bugs.

Thankfully, I've only experienced the aging bug in one save. I just restarted the file from an earlier backup. I've also had toddlers abandoned at my daycare and had to switch houses to return them to their parents. My game works fairly well. However, I know to stay away from events such as prom and vacations.

I think sims 3 is an awesome game and I will continue to be a loyal fan. However, I do wish more effort was put into fixing bugs even if it meant slowing down the EP release schedule. I would even be willing to pay slightly more for a bug-free EP.

I am very much looking forward to the release of pets this fall (another favorite EP), however, I worry it will render my game unplayable for a month like Late Night did before they came out with a patch for it. Sometimes, I feel like a beta tester.

Comments

• Options
    chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I have been playing generations every chance I have since I got it. I love the richness it adds to playing families in the game. I've wanted an EP like this since the TS1 days. I would give it a 10/10 if it wasn't for bugs.

Thankfully, I've only experienced the aging bug in one save. I just restarted the file from an earlier backup. I've also had toddlers abandoned at my daycare and had to switch houses to return them to their parents. My game works fairly well. However, I know to stay away from events such as prom and vacations.

I think sims 3 is an awesome game and I will continue to be a loyal fan. However, I do wish more effort was put into fixing bugs even if it meant slowing down the EP release schedule. I would even be willing to pay slightly more for a bug-free EP.

I am very much looking forward to the release of pets this fall (another favorite EP), however, I worry it will render my game unplayable for a month like Late Night did before they came out with a patch for it. Sometimes, I feel like a beta tester.

No one understands my humor and I am a little fatalistic and dark about it, but imagine the relationship game makers and hardware manufacturers must have: you need the latest everything to play the most popular games, which are only really playable once they're dated and much less popular.
    Watering a plant or fishing for a fish shouldn't cause lag, and shouldn't need 12 gigabytes of memory and a new/different OS.
    O, nevermind, come 2015 this game will be smooth as butter. You'll all be doctors by then and you won't care, but yeah.
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2011
    LOL, Chitbill! I totally get your sense humor. It is so close to my own! I, too am sorta afraid that I won't be able to play Sims 3 Pets, because of the lag I am experiencing with Gen and the bugs. Though I have remedied the lag by clearing out my memories every hour or so and only keeping the special moments memories.
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited July 2011
    I think nowdays with software becoming more complex, it is also more buggy. I'm also into Fable 3 (my second favorite game), but I find some of the bugs that came with that game frustrating.