Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem with registering game

So I bought The Sims 3 yesterday, played it, loved it, but now I can't register it. I put in my serial code to get Riverview, and now apparently I can't use it to register my game...anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited June 2009
    Same here. I put the 20 digit code on the back of the Sims3 pamphlet, and it says it's an invalid serial code number. Okay, if that's the case, then EA needs to talk to Game Crazy about selling counterfeit copies or something. Unless that 20 digit, 5 spaces code isn't the serial code, and it's hidden somewhere else.

Ah well, first couple days of a new launch. There's bound to be some problems.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    JenniferDawnJenniferDawn Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had a problem kind of like this. I put in my code in the launcher but when I logged into the actually website it said I needed to register.
    I put my code in the spot and it said it had been used already.
    I logged out and logged back in and it's apparently now registered with my account.

Also, you supposedly can't post in the forums if you don't have it registered.
    So chances are, you already registered it.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited June 2009
    Remember, if you are able to post here in the forum, that means your game was successfully registered already.

Go to your profile page and look on the right hand side and you should see the green Sims 3 plumbbob icon in the "My Games" section of your page. That means your game is already registered, and that is why you are getting the error message saying "invaid code, it has already been used." If you see that icon, you don't have to click on the "Register a New Game" link anymore, as your game IS registered.