Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little help on choosing desktops please? :P

i'm thinking of buying a desktop this august to play sims 3 and do other bunch of crap on b/c my laptop can't hold it anymore and whenever i play sims 3.. it crashes!! i probably should take it to bestbuy to get the fan cleaned and all that but before i do that i wanted to see what u guys thought of the two desktops i was looking for

the one is Asus - Essentio Desktop / Intel® Core™ i7 Processor / 8GB Memory / 1TB Hard Drive (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Essentio+Desktop+/+Intel®+Core™+i7+Processor+/+8GB+Memory+/+1TB+Hard+Drive/2634096.p?id=1218341074379&skuId=2634096#BVRRWidgetID)
this is the more expensive one and they say the power supply is low.... and it doesnt have wifi

and the second one is HP - Pavilion Elite Desktop / AMD Phenom™ II Processor / 8GB Memory / 1TB Hard Drive (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Elite+Desktop+/+AMD+Phenom™+II+Processor+/+8GB+Memory+/+1TB+Hard+Drive/1244663.p?id=1218240959102&skuId=1244663)
this one is cheaper and has wifi but i guess lower graphic?

well i have no clue on computers so experts please help me! which one should i get to play sims 3?

Comments

• Options
    eas11eas11 Posts: 13
    edited June 2011
    Hello Enyu,

Both seem like good choices for playing such an involved game like The Sims 3. I personally would go with the Asus, because I have one and maybe I'm a bit biased and possible fan-girl over it. The HP seems nice, too. Being that you have it down to two choices, you probably went over the system requirements, and if you haven't, it's a must. But, then again, most computers made fairly recently won't have any problems with the game even if the system requirements are not filled to a "T". My Asus is my love, and it handles The Sims 3 very well, except for mirrors in the game and some water details. Every computer will have its flaws, and unless you have one built just for the game, there's always going to some things you are going to have to compromise on, Enyu. The whole "doesn't/does have WiFi" thing really shouldn't effect your shopping, because it would just make more sense to buy the better computer and slip a tiny plug into the tower. Graphics is a big thing with The Sims 3, and Intel is always good with that, and they even have an interactive panel in which you can alter the rendering of 3D; outside of the game as well, which may help the game run at its best while being pleasing to the eyes as well. I have no experience with AMD Phenom processors, and being that the technology nerd I am has never heard of it, it may not be the best in the market. As you can probably conclude from my super long response, I'd go with the Asus. Desktops aren't generally effected by "low" power supply, as long as you aren't running The Sims 3 along with other high-detail games or programs. The memory is enough for the base game and a noodle-load of expansions, so you could go crazy with it. HP is what I'd like to call a "cardboard" computer; enough for most, but probably not for hard-core gamers. Go with the Asus, and if you change your mind, you can always return it or tweak it to your likings. I'm always here for tips and stuff, so just hit me up and I'll reply as soon as possible.

-eas11
    (SimTek on MTS3)