Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Medical Profession Bug?

Ok, since Generations has been installed, my doctor sim can't help people in the street that need medical attention. The pop up appears ("Oh, I don't feel well, wish there was a doctor, etc."), I can click on the afflicted sim, select "Give medical attention", but nothing happens and the queued action disappears. This continues for several annoying sim hours, until eventually I'm told that my sim didn't help and the medical community is annoyed.

Anyone else getting this?

Comments

• Options
    EarmuffsMooEarmuffsMoo Posts: 266 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I had this happen before I installed generations. Don't know what causes it though, and my doctor sim retired soon after. Did it happen more than once?
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited June 2011
    Nope, just got that one last night. My doctor sim was at the library, when some sim started getting sick. Treated him, and he got all better.
  • Options
    emakav2emakav2 Posts: 122
    edited June 2011
    @EarmuffsMoo: I've never had it happen before, and I've had a couple of doctor sims. He's only a young adult, so he's a bit to go before he retires. He was able to treat one person successfully. Since then, it's cropped up four times, and he's not been able to do anything for those four sims.

And it's happening at unfortunate and annoying times. Once was when he had a celebrity opportunity to try a drink. He went to the bar, the mixologist got sick, everyone stood around gasping until the bar closed. Tried to go back to the same bar the next night: same thing happened again.

Then he threw a bachelor party in a different bar, the mixologist there also got sick, everyone stood around gasping for several hours, bar closed and the party sucked.

Later, he was attempting to conduct an affair in the park, but some random guy playing a piano got sick. My dude's date stood gasping at the sick pianist, etc., etc.

It's beginning to bug me.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited June 2011
    You did remove all your mods and CC, etc, right?
  • Options
    emakav2emakav2 Posts: 122
    edited June 2011
    I have no mods, and all CC was gone. Then I downloaded that new version of Sunset Valley (second edition) from here, and it's back to normal again. *shrug*