Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumour, is it true?

I heard before that EA was planning on changing the sims 3 to digital copies(online)and no longer sell hard copies(in stores). Is it true??

Comments

• Options
    ROCKPRINCESS3ROCKPRINCESS3 Posts: 597
    edited June 2011
    Well, instead of delivering a disc copy of Generations to me, they gave me a digital.
    I should've just gotten my parents to buy it at EB, because I prefer the disc copy way more.
    But, then again, digital was very quick to install.
  • Options
    SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited June 2011
    They won't do that, a lot of people like having the case at view.(including me)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,094 Member
    edited June 2011
    I prefer digital over Disc, I always have a copy nice and safe and I don't have to worry about losing my activation code or a disc getting scratched, so I'm for it.XD
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hope not as i got the digital of OLstuff and it mucked my game up so much .so i will be sticking to hard coppies only.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    Miax0Miax0 Posts: 15,840 Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't think they would do that ... they'll lose a lot of business because some people can't buy stuff online
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2011
    They would and they are, but not for a while yet.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20060005-17.html
  • Options
    ZombineolaZombineola Posts: 180
    edited June 2011
    There's no U in rumor.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,471 Member
    edited June 2011

There is if you live in the UK! :wink:
  • Options
    ZombineolaZombineola Posts: 180
    edited June 2011

Yeah, and it's ignorant to spell it like that.

Last time I checked, our sounded the same as are.

Hm.
  • Options
    evileggyevileggy Posts: 219
    edited June 2011
    True
  • Options
    LEvans102071LEvans102071 Posts: 448 Member
    edited June 2011
    I prefer digital over Disc, I always have a copy nice and safe and I don't have to worry about losing my activation code or a disc getting scratched, so I'm for it.XD

That depends, from what I've read on the EADM, there are time limits for digital copies.. yeah, you have it at hand.. for a year, two if you pay extra.

I'd much rather have a hard copy and download/save updates so that as long as I have a computer that runs it, I'll have access to the game w/o paying extra.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2011

That depends, from what I've read on the EADM, there are time limits for digital copies.. yeah, you have it at hand.. for a year, two if you pay extra.

I'd much rather have a hard copy and download/save updates so that as long as I have a computer that runs it, I'll have access to the game w/o paying extra.

Funny. I've had TS3 since release without paying extra, on digital.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Zombineola wrote:

Hm.

How rude! Who are you to say it's "ignorant" to spell rumor, rumour due to their location in the world?

To be honest, you are the one coming across as rude. You realize they were speaking and writing English long before "we" were, right?
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited June 2011
    look guys lets not argue about spelling . any way the world knows american is a slang form of english as is ausie.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    Polinaki19Polinaki19 Posts: 858 Member
    edited June 2011
    it will become only digital eventually but i hope it's not soon, cause many teens who play the game (including me) don't own a credit card so we wouldn't be able to buy it.
    as for rumor, it is written both ways just like armor, humor, color, behavior, neighbor etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Arletta wrote:

Funny. I've had TS3 since release without paying extra, on digital.

Thank you for saying that. I did a search, and am happy to be wrong:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/4755860.page
    I can tell you without question that there is no time limit on re-downloads that you will ever encounter of purchased titles from the EA Download Manager. In the past there might have been limitations, but those have gone the way of the Dodo bird.

It's been several years since I did digital copies, and that was the reason I stopped. Since that isn't their policy anymore... It's probably better to get the download version... save the planet and stop using the plastics and paper! :P

Peace
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited June 2011
    I hope not, I really like having discs, Looks like a bit of a collection xD
  • Options
    lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2011
    Zombineola wrote:

Hm.

There is if you're from Canada. And it's not ignorant to spell it that way, it's the way we were taught in school. Not everyone is in the American school system. Just remember - different cultures, different rules.

Back on topic - I prefer disc for my games, otherwise I am cool with digital downloads. If/when EA does this, I could be saying goodbye to The Sims 3 because I honestly don't like DD for games. I'm one of those players that can install/reinstall games at will. If I don't want to play my game for a few months, I uninstall it then reinstall it when I'm interested again. This would really cramp my style.
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    I rather have hard copy than dignial one
  • Options
    GrammarKingGrammarKing Posts: 2,231 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Zombineola wrote:

Hm.

Last time I check, They're, Their, There, But, Butt, See, and Sea all sound the same. Your point?

There's a difference between our school systems and their school systems there. You don't have to a jerk about it. Now who's really the ignorant one?

OT:
    I hate digital copies! I need the hard copies or I won't play! With all the crashes my computer does, I'd be a fool to invest in a digital game that cost nearly $30-40!
  • Options
    hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited June 2011
    SamerTim wrote:
    I heard before that EA was planning on changing the sims 3 to digital copies(online)and no longer sell hard copies(in stores). Is it true??

I've heard that rumour. I don't know if it's true but if it is they are never getting another cent from me.
  • Options
    LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes they are planing to, but not for a long while.
  • Options
    schmezzleschmezzle Posts: 1,616 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Zombineola wrote:

Hm.

That's so unnecessarily rude- you just called everyone from the UK ignorant- it makes me sad when people are like this instead of just embracing cultural differences :cry:

... Anyway! I'm not sure if it's true... I guess I wouldn't mind to much if it was- although buying a hard copy from amazon seems much more cheap than buying a digital copy from EA
  • Options
    NeverentNeverent Posts: 478 Member
    edited June 2011
    I *hate* when people say "ignorant" when they mean "rude".

I don't know if that's the case in here, but I had to blurt it out.

"Ignorant" is a lack of training or knowledge about something. It does NOT mean "rude".

"Rude" is... rude. That shouldn't need defined.
  • Options
    GreatWhiteNorthGreatWhiteNorth Posts: 102 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Rumour Rumour Rumour Rumour Rumour Rumour Rumour Rumour Rumour Rumour Rumour

Sorry....HAD to get that out of my system ^^

I prefer digital downloads even though for me it requires a few hoops to jump these days. At the start of the year I moved from Canada to Cyprus and that requires a VPN if I want Canadian and American games to download. As I'm fairly sure both digital and hard copy Sim 3 expansions would not work on mine if bought from a store as I'm in the EU and not in Canada any more after all but my account IS Canadian.