Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim can't find a job!

When she was a teenager, I had her sent to boarding school(the military one), and one day, while her half-sister came home from a cave that she was left in as a baby sometime in the past, she appeared back from boarding school. Her school status was still listed as enrolled in boarding school, so I rolled with it. I let her stay at home and she would gain skills randomly in her sleep or showering because she'd be gaining those skills had she been in military school. But that was cool, skills for doing nothing. Anyways, she just aged up to young adult, she looks great, I'm loving this sim and I plan for her and her half sister to live together, but the thing is, she wants to be a police officer, but when I go to jobs and professions on the computer she is only able to find a profession. And I tried to go to the police station to sign up for a job, but all she got was the option to join investigator career. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help! Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited June 2011
    It's probably because she didn't graduate. I think that now with GEN, they have to have a diploma in order to get a career. Which is neat, but anyway.. I'm not sure of a workaround since your Sim has already aged up, unless you age her back to a teen and have her graduate from high school. The boarding school seems to be a bit glitchy, when they come home preemptively you need to have them quit boarding school and then re-enroll, or have them attend regular school.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    TinaMaxisTinaMaxis Posts: 306 Member
    edited June 2011
    So I made her into a teen again using edit in cas, and when her mom tried to take her out of boarding school(because she was still in it) she couldn't! There was no option on the phone or computer, or when I clicked on her picture in the relationships panel. So I don't know how to get her back into normal school or graduate. Does anyone know if the master controller mod can switch schools or something? Or any other mod out there?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    And her half sister is going to be aging up soon, and graduation hasn't happened! She was in public school but I hope the same thing doesn't happen!
  • Options
    KinztheSimKinztheSim Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited June 2011
    i had the same problem with sims coming home from Boarding school too early, I searched the internet, and found if you enter Buymode, and use Moveobjects on cheat, you just delete the sim, return to live mode, the portrait on the left side will grey out and the sim will be at boarding school Have the mom call on the phone to remove said sim from school, age her up and she will graduate.
    sig_zps8ece011a.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ok, I did that(thank you!!), but she still doesn't have the diploma, am I supposed to wait to be contacted by city hall?
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think they are meant to be contacted by city hall on the day they are due to age up, to attend a graduation ceremony.. usually occurs early in the morning Sim time in my experience. So if you age them up ahead of schedule I don't know how that would work exactly. Haven't tried it yet myself. I would play a bit longer and see if she gets called for the ceremony, if not you may have to age to teen again and try again. I know it must be frustrating.. I hope you get it figured it.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    Hello_simmy10Hello_simmy10 Posts: 29
    edited June 2011
    The same thing happened to me. I just moved her out and back in and then she could get a job again. I don't know how to obtain a diploma for her though.
  • Options
    KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Public school Sims get a graduation ceremony AFTER they age up. It took about 2 days for it to happen to my sim.
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited June 2011
    In my game, Graduation Ceremonies always seem to take place on the Sunday after they age up to YA.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    KitKat, you're right! One of my sims was just contacted by city hall to graduate and when I clicked on city hall by another recently aged up sim, she had the option to graduate, too. So all my sims will have diplomas, yay! Thanks everyone for your help!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also, my sim's parents got into formal wear and went with them to city hall, how sweet!
  • Options
    Marmite99Marmite99 Posts: 33 New Member
    edited July 2011
    My sim can't get a profession! Whenever I have her look at the "get profession" option on the PC or newspaper, she opens it and IMMEDIATELY closes it! H E L P!!!!!!! :x