Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant crashing?

So according to the Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer my game keeps crashing because it needed to be DEP ( which I did). So after DEPing the game, I started it up and it crashed again. The log analyzer says it was because of Custom Content now :roll:. Sooooo I used delpy's dashboard to check my .package files and found nothing. Now I'm using delpy's custard tool to see maybe if its my .sims3packs and found out the stuff I downloaded from VitaSims was courrpt. So I deleted them via Downloads folder and now I started my game up and it still says that Custom Content is the problem. Nothing else is courrpt in my .sims3packs. Can anyone help me please :(. And all my mods are up-to-date.
Gmmov8T.gif

Comments

• Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited June 2011
    Bump. Can anyone help me?
    I haven't been able to play my game for about a week now :(
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    TheOriginalBadBoyTheOriginalBadBoy Posts: 1,586 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Aww Dorendia I'm sorry. I have no clue, I am very lucky and thankful that I have never experienced a problem.
    So consider this a bump, I hope you find an answer. :|
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aww Dorendia I'm sorry. I have no clue, I am very lucky and thankful that I have never experienced a problem.
    So consider this a bump, I hope you find an answer. :|
    Thanks so much :(
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    Have you updated your game the latest patch? http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/384483.page
  • Options
    mrskingmrsking Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    I know it would be a pain but you could uninstall and then re-install your game and any expansion packs. I actually had to do this the custom content in my game was causing a lot of problems but it runs a lot smoother now.
  • Options
    kzweigkzweig Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2011
    So I deleted them via Downloads folder
    This makes it sound like you just deleted the offending files from your Downloads folder. You have to find them in the Installed Content part of the launcher and delete them there to uninstall.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Have you updated your game the latest patch? http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/384483.page
    No because it kept crashing. The log kept saying DEP but my game was already DEP but thanks I think that's the answer :D.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    kzweig wrote:
    So I deleted them via Downloads folder
    This makes it sound like you just deleted the offending files from your Downloads folder. You have to find them in the Installed Content part of the launcher and delete them there to uninstall.
    After I deleted them from the downloads folder there not in the downloads on my lancher anymore.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    You are welcome
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You are welcome
    Do I just update it via lancher? Because it says -Mac only update
    Before when I had patch 1.22 I manually updtated it.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    After I deleted them from the downloads folder there not in the downloads on my lancher anymore.
    The Downloads tab in the launcher just shows you what you have in your Downloads folder and lets you install it. To remove it from the game, you have to switch to Installed Content in the launcher and delete it there. It could be DEP but the Crash Analyzer should still be telling you DEP if that was the problem.
  • Options
    XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited June 2011
    What good is it to delete the download if you're not uninstalling it from your game?!! :?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    kzweig wrote:
    The Downloads tab in the launcher just shows you what you have in your Downloads folder and lets you install it. To remove it from the game, you have to switch to Installed Content in the launcher and delete it there. It could be DEP but the Crash Analyzer should still be telling you DEP if that was the problem.
    It's not in my Installed Content. I checked twice ;o
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    When is it crashing? During the loading screen, as soon as you try to play, after 30 minutes of playing or d)other?

edit, thought of another question:
    You said you haven't been able to play for a week, so this started before Generations?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    kzweig wrote:
    When is it crashing? During the loading screen, as soon as you try to play, after 30 minutes of playing or d)other?

edit, thought of another question:
    You said you haven't been able to play for a week, so this started before Generations?
    It started once I downloaded the new patch. It crashes during the loading screen.
    Since the patch kept crashing I uninstalled and reinstalled my game then. I manually updated the game to 1.19 using SImsprograms.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    kzweig wrote:
    OOHHH!!!
    I just uninstalled the content >.<
    Ah, The lancher keeps crashing when I'm uninstalling
    I think I have to update my lancher
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    meikahidenorimeikahidenori Posts: 276 Member
    edited February 2014
    do you run your game on any version of windows 8 by any chance? My game is clean and runs alright (no cc) but the second i try to add any mods it won't load past the main screens before crashing. all my DEP is turned off for the whole pc (as windows 8 doesn't allow it to be selectively turned off for some bizarre reason)

in the crash dump file I get this message:

[Exception info]
    date: 2014-02-12
    time: 05.46.24
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000014
    address: 0x00e52215 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x00a51215

i am curious if there is somewhere where i can change the exception on windows 8 so it allows me to use my mods. without them the game just doesn't function past two saves, not matter how clean i keep my sims 3 folders (i clean them out regularly, as for some reason windows 8 makes every game on my pc extremely slow despite the fact this is a brand new factory clean pc.)
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited February 2014
    do you run your game on any version of windows 8 by any chance? My game is clean and runs alright (no cc) but the second i try to add any mods it won't load past the main screens before crashing. all my DEP is turned off for the whole pc (as windows 8 doesn't allow it to be selectively turned off for some bizarre reason)

in the crash dump file I get this message:

[Exception info]
    date: 2014-02-12
    time: 05.46.24
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000014
    address: 0x00e52215 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x00a51215

i am curious if there is somewhere where i can change the exception on windows 8 so it allows me to use my mods. without them the game just doesn't function past two saves, not matter how clean i keep my sims 3 folders (i clean them out regularly, as for some reason windows 8 makes every game on my pc extremely slow despite the fact this is a brand new factory clean pc.)

This thread was started three years ago. To get the best responses to your problem, you're best bet is to post a new thread in the Technical Discussion area. I don't know enough about Windows 8 to help but there's bound to be people more knowledgeable in that section.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited February 2014
    can you update Windows to 8.1? I heard a lot of people had random issues with games, and that MS specifically addressed that (or tried to) with 8.1.

I have 8.1 and it's the first OS I've ever wanted to marry. :P I didn't have to do anything to it, and I keep trying to crash this thing. I have failed spectacularly at deliberately causing either crashing or lags.

(and what Seera1024 said about old threads. Info changes, cos of the patches and what was relevant six months ago oftentimes is no longer.)