Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot Names Change Back To Original Names In Play Mode?!

I am building community lots, which I am enjoying, for a blank map I downloaded - only issue while play testing that my family and I have found is that the name of the community lot reverts back to the original name of the rabbit hole when I switch from edit town to play mode... this is aggravating me... Ive tried bulldozing and replacing, restarting the game, copying the town to double check, etc.

I am naming the community lots names that fit the town - how can I do this? Do I need to edit the actual file? And if so, how? That's the only thing I've thought of that I haven't tried yet.

TYVM

Comments

• Options
    jessstewart88jessstewart88 Posts: 376 New Member
    edited June 2011
    *bump*
    I think my post got lost... o.o
  • Options
    EthanMich2007EthanMich2007 Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Here is the conversation that I had with EA Tech Support Live about this issue

Alex: Hi, my name is Alex. How may I help you?

2390336563: I think they game (the sims 3) is glitched. I have created community lots, and named them. When i switch to game play mode, the names switch back to the original name.

Alex: Where in game or at http://www.thesims3.com

2390336563: in game
    2390336563: when uploaded to the website, it keeps the name I put
    2390336563: in edit town mode, the details and Name that I put are there, but when I
    switch to game play mode, it changes and doesnt show the details

Alex: I would better suggest that please visit http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/ if you think that it requires developers attention

2390336563: I have looked through the forums and support on the website. I was
    hoping it was a simple issue I was overlooking
    2390336563: I assusmed it was more for tech support

Alex: I am really sorry however, as it an offline game there is not much which I can
    suggest

2390336563: so what do I do?
    2390336563: cause when I clicked to talk to tech support this is what it gave me

Alex: Please visit the forum and post your issue there so that the game developers can
    take a look on this

2390336563: which one do I post under? Tech support? Cause I have posted
    something in that forum and players (who don't know development) are the only ones answering

Alex: Yes, please post this under the technical discussion
  • Options
    jessstewart88jessstewart88 Posts: 376 New Member
    edited June 2011
    The above post was my husband, btw... now to wait on a game tech person...o.o
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2011
    If you name a community lot the rabbit holes will not have the same name unless you buy them in game and change them that way.