Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is my favorite EP of all time...

I've been requesting a similar idea since the early TS2 days in any "suggest an idea" thread. The new objects and interactions make sims and families so much more real and allow you to become more immersed in their lives.

I'm currently playing an extended family (grandmother lives with family) with three children and Grandma runs a home daycare. I turned aging off for a while so I could enjoy all the new kid interactions. I think some of my favorite things to do are have siblings play pranks on each other or have parents read children and toddlers bedtime stories. I also love the stroller and bouncy ride for toddlers. I like this type of EP more than I enjoy the RPG style of earlier TS3 EPs. I bought Late Night exclusively for Bridgeport because I love city skyline. I also use the clubs as restuarants and/or arcades. However, this EP adds some real gameplay and room for storytelling that isn't scripted. Since I'm an aspiring children's writer who likes to roleplay in games for character and scene development, all the new kids' stuff greatly appeals to me. I can't find anything I dislike about this EP as it doesn't shove any features in your face (Late Night was the worst for that with its celebs and vampires).

Pets always used to be my favorite. Now I think it will be number two on my list. I hope EA continues this trend of making unstructured EPs that allow the player more oppertunities to be creative without being too scripted. I think Pets/Unleashed looks like it will also follow this trend from the leaked info on Simprograms.

If I want an RPG I'll play Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, or Fable III. Let the sims stay sandbox. Well done EA.