Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clean Install, Can't Get Past Launcher With Base Game?!

Hubby plays on a Mac, I am posting for him - We bought him Generations today, he installed Generations, opened it & it played fine! Then he installed a custom world, off the exchange, and the launcher wouldn't open. So he uninstalled the world, no luck. So he did a clean install. Right now he is stuck at the base game -- now he opens the launcher, clicks play, and it quits. That's it. He is trying to reinstall for a third time right now... any suggestions? :?:

EDIT: For grammar >.>

Comments

• Options
    DylannyDylanny Posts: 468
    edited June 2011
    My only suggestion is IF HE HAS TIME MACHINE, replace the APLICATION with one from last week (not the documents folder with your saves.) It'll take hours, but it worked for me.

I'm now just gonna wait till I read there's a new patch for macs.
  • Options
    Bella_CatalinaBella_Catalina Posts: 115 Member
    edited June 2011
    If you have time machine, I'd revert to the last backup, too.

If not... Has he downloaded the manual patch for the base game? If he is reinstalling, turn off auto updates, and try the manual patch--there's a stickied thread in this forum with the link and information in it. The manual patch seems to solve a lot of the issues. If that fixes it, then he should install and update each EP to the current patch as prompted before installing the next.

ETA: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380967.page --apologies, the thread was stickied in Generations, not here.
  • Options
    EthanMich2007EthanMich2007 Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have time machine, but I don't use it. The game is working not, but not as it should. It now runs Generations, but it also runs World Adventures at the same time in the background. 9sch0x.png

I tried the base game patch 1.22 manuelly to the base game, it still does the same thing. When I try to install the purchased content from the store, it tells me that my game is not up to date. Yet when I did the 1.22 patch, the launcher tells me that my game is up to date

14e1iww.jpg
    qmx8y1.png