Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst Glitch Ever! ...But Also Kind Of Funny

I'm playing a single mom and her teenage daughter. The mom is a daycare worker. Right before work, she got a call that she'd been offered a free vacation. She left. Sounds good, right?

The parents showed up anyway. With their kids. They proceeded to stand in the lobby of the apartment, until one of them turned to dust (he was a vampire). It's been two days...the kids are screaming in the lobby, with the one parent that's left still standing there. My poor teen sim can't sleep at home...even though there's no babies in the apartment itself, she's hearing their crying all the way from the lobby and it won't let her sleep! She's had to go down to the park to sleep...and she's been taken home for violating curfew twice.

Anyone else had this issue? All the mods are out of my game, and I only have 2 pieces of CC (one hair and one clothes, both downloaded through the launcher, and they've never borked my game before).

Comments

• Options
    SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited May 2011
    Wow that sounds like a complete mess. :lol:

Does seem like something they need to fix though, can you not take unpaid leave off being a daycare worker? :S
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited May 2011
    Simango wrote:
    Wow that sounds like a complete mess. :lol:

Does seem like something they need to fix though, can you not take unpaid leave off being a daycare worker? :S

Apparently not without major drama. ;)

I finally fixed it by doing moveobjects on and just deleting the screaming babies and their mom. :lol: I wonder if they'll come back when my Sim reopens her day care after her vacation...
  • Options
    AwgustAwgust Posts: 1,222 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Wow that sucks I was planing on entering the Daycare Career when I got Generations!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited May 2011
    Do you think that you have to call and say you are closed. or on vacation. Like when you are not going to work.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Evalen wrote:
    Do you think that you have to call and say you are closed. or on vacation. Like when you are not going to work.

The way it works, there isn't any time for that. You randomly get a call asking if your sim parent wants a free vacation. Then, if you say yes, they just take off with no preparation whatsoever.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited May 2011
    I have to agree - doesn't sound good, but it also sounds funny. Even funnier is that you deleted all your clients! bwahahaha

Seriously tho, let us know what happens the next day.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Surreal wrote:
    I have to agree - doesn't sound good, but it also sounds funny. Even funnier is that you deleted all your clients! bwahahaha

Seriously tho, let us know what happens the next day.

Haha, I will! The mom just got back, but she has the next three days off of work...so we'll see what happens on Sim Monday. :lol:
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited May 2011
    I would have just use the resetsim cheat :lol: Too bad that that happened though...that was your chance to have a wild teen party ;)
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited May 2011
    Maybe put that in crinrict's bug report thread? That does sound pretty non fun lol
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    xchristaleexchristalee Posts: 289 New Member
    edited May 2011
    if you had had a wild teen party, the mom would have come home if the cops busted it and called her up! :(
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2011
    I guess that answers the question of whether or not parents can still go on vacation even if there's infants and toddlers at home.

It's a shame EA has no way to schedule that phone call for the weekend with the parents who are in a profession though. I think I would have turned down the vacation, because as a responsible daycare person, I wouldn't want to leave all those babies behind. But that's just me.

I don't count it as a glitch though. I think it's more like poor planning.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I would have just use the resetsim cheat :lol: Too bad that that happened though...that was your chance to have a wild teen party ;)

Oooh...I'm not familiar with that one. How does it work?

My sim did have a teen party while the Grim Reaper was downstairs collecting one of the clients. :lol: That was before she realized she might never sleep again. ;)
    Druscylla wrote:
    Maybe put that in crinrict's bug report thread? That does sound pretty non fun lol

Good call...will do! Thanks for suggesting it! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    I guess that answers the question of whether or not parents can still go on vacation even if there's infants and toddlers at home.

It's a shame EA has no way to schedule that phone call for the weekend with the parents who are in a profession though. I think I would have turned down the vacation, because as a responsible daycare person, I wouldn't want to leave all those babies behind. But that's just me.

I don't count it as a glitch though. I think it's more like poor planning.

Well that's the odd part...she took the vacation before any of her clients had arrived. But they still showed up downstairs in the lobby anyway...and strangely, the parents stuck around with the toddlers. They just couldn't do anything but stand there--they didn't feed their babies, take them home, or even leave! That's why I think it's a glitch.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    if you had had a wild teen party, the mom would have come home if the cops busted it and called her up! :(

Yes, if you get caught ;) See, the point is to NOT get caught hahaha
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    shelwass wrote:

My sim did have a teen party while the Grim Reaper was downstairs collecting one of the clients. :lol: That was before she realized she might never sleep again. ;)

When the parents leave it gives the teens a chance to throw a party. If it gets too out of hand the cops get called and the parents come home early. But they can get away with it too.
  • Options
    luckycanluckycan Posts: 33
    edited May 2011
    I think it's def a glitch...I haven't got Generations yet, lucky you :)
    My sim is a doctor and once he reached the highest level of his career, he NEVER had a day off, even though his days off were showed in his work schedule. I let him quit the job and started again. He started at level 5 this time but the glitch came back, no days off :(
  • Options
    AwgustAwgust Posts: 1,222 New Member
    edited May 2011
    shelwass wrote:

When the parents leave it gives the teens a chance to throw a party. If it gets too out of hand the cops get called and the parents come home early. But they can get away with it too.

Define out of hand…
  • Options
    simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited May 2011
    ... I think I'll skip the daycare profession for now...
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    shelwass wrote:

I actually meant I wasn't familiar with the cheat lol. I should have been more specific. ;)
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2011
    Here's my Gen bug thread if you want to report there: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/377927.page

Sounds like a glitch to me.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited May 2011
    I think you have to have testingcheatsenabled to use the resetsim cheat, but am not sure.

If you open the cheat panel and type "help" (without the quotation marks) it will list some cheats for you and tell you what they do. Some of them still don't quite make sense to me.

Has anyone discovered whether or not there are new cheat codes for Generations?

It does sound like a glitch that the parent sims stood around with their kids, still rather funny.

Was the teen unable to interact with the parents? You couldn't have her go talk to them and shoo them or say goodbye or something?
  • Options
    Anghara130Anghara130 Posts: 233 New Member
    edited May 2011
    resetsim firstname lastname resets your sim to a neutral state on their home property.

You do not need testingcheatsenabled on to make it work. It helped me when my sim mom was stuck with a toddler who'd just learned to talk but wouldn't stop learning (ifyou get what I mean!). Both were hungry, needed the potty but neither could get up. So I reset Mom and she blinked out and back in about ten feet from the toddler, standing up. Easy fix.