Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 new worlds available now. Cove City and Palm Bridge Islands fixed!

BobbleBeanBobbleBean Posts: 675 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Update: It's taken since the 18th of May but the uploader has finally allowed me to add Cove City late last night!

covecityvers1.jpg

Link to download:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4174826
:lol::lol::lol:

I have now also made Palm Bridge Islands, which is also available.

palmbridgeislandscovershot.png

Download Palm Bridge Islands here:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4174957

And link to it's own thread:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380019.page

Here is original Cove City thread link:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/344329.page

And link to lots of photos if you would like a more in depth look before downloading - please note these were taken as I was progressing so may be some unfinished shots or changes in the actual world :)

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o256/abropey2/CAW Cove City/

I have to say I am really disappointed that after 3 months of hard work I cannot get my world onto the exchange at present, I have been trying to upload for 2 days with no success so I am including a mediafire link via this thread so you can download it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ra8k2xylxrwlvvw

Here is the description that would have been on the exchange:

"Exiciting busy city, situated next to a beautiful coastal area and countyside. All careers and collectables available. NO CUSTOM CONTENT USED, only my own patterns. All EP's & SP's used (Pre Generations). Lots include: Martial Arts Academy, Nectary, Allotments, Aquarium, Hotel, Football and Baseball Stadiums and Tennis Courts, Lots of bars and all of the usual lots also available.Hope you enjoy!"

I will continue to try and get my world on the exchange and will update if I do!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Did you upload it once before for testing? If so, you have to do some S3OC gymnastics to get it to re-upload.

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    no not uploaded it before, I kept the testing in my own game.
    I do not know what SC03 gymnastics is?
    Any Advice Mik??
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi, :mrgreen:

Your world looks lovely!

Since you haven't uploaded it before there is not need to use SP03. Just keep trying to upload it. :)
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited May 2011
    looks great thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thanks Rflong and Sgizzle - Still trying to upload :roll:
    Just hope a few people find it via the mediafile download :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    :cry: Only 21 downloads from Mediafire - I wish the uploader would work soon!
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited May 2011
    It looks very nice! Dont give up on uploading, it can take a few days to get though. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thanks Docsprock - I will keep trying. :)

Up to 28 downloads now on mediafire! lol
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    *bump* 36 mediafire downloads - still cannot upload on to the exchange. :roll:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Out of interest has anyone ever managed to get a world on the exchange after it has refused to upload for 2 weeks, and has been tried on a different computer???

Shall I give up trying now??

(54 mediafire downloads for anyone that is interested!)
    :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
    :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    bump :(
  • Options
    KazzJazzKazzJazz Posts: 237 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I just saw the slideshow of the pictures you linked - it looks amazing! I hope the upload is successful soon. I've bookmarked in anticipation of being able to download it once it does.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thanks KazzJazz - I hope it uploads too. You can download it from the mediafire link at the top of the page if you would like to.
    :)

I have just started a new world 'Palm Bridge Islands'.
    (Fingers crossed this one uploads!) :mrgreen:

Screenshot-308.jpg

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/380019.page#5398483

• Options
    BajanTBajanT Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi I downloaded your world and I absolutely love but everytime I save the file, exit the game and go back, it says I can't load the game because it was saved with an expansion pack that may no longer be present on my system. I haven't deleted anything and I can't figure out why it's happening.

I'm not sure if i's because I renamed the town. I don't have a clue what's going on.
  • Options
    BajanTBajanT Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't have fast lane, though so maybe that is the problem. Oh well, very nice town. So sorry that I can't play it. Was really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    BajanT wrote:
    Hi I downloaded your world and I absolutely love but everytime I save the file, exit the game and go back, it says I can't load the game because it was saved with an expansion pack that may no longer be present on my system. I haven't deleted anything and I can't figure out why it's happening.

I'm not sure if i's because I renamed the town. I don't have a clue what's going on.

Hello BanjanT - Thanks for downloading and I am glad you like it. Very sorry to hear you are having a problem with the save files.
    It is not some thing I have experienced or had reported to me :cry:

Try looking here as it is a fairly common problem in the game generally:
    http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38767/t1407759-serious-error/

I do not know what effect the name change may have had.

Let me know how you get on.

Perhaps the name change has caused a problem.

Good luck. :)
  • Options
    BenJekyllBenJekyll Posts: 56
    edited June 2011
    Great Bobble, I have been waiting for Cove City to hit the exchange for ages! recommended and downloaded finally!! :mrgreen:

Palm Bridge looks awesome too!

• Options
    redsilkSimredsilkSim Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2011
    I love your world..its beautiful.. but when i try to load my save game i get this message.. cannot load t his save..It may have been saved with expansion data that is no longer present on this system.. it happen with cove city and palms Bridge.. I have all the expansions and they r up to date.. Maybe its the way the worlds r spelled with the dot, or period behind the names..
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    redsilkSim wrote:
    I love your world..its beautiful.. but when i try to load my save game i get this message.. cannot load t his save..It may have been saved with expansion data that is no longer present on this system.. it happen with cove city and palms Bridge.. I have all the expansions and they r up to date.. Maybe its the way the worlds r spelled with the dot, or period behind the names..

I really can't understamd why this may be happening to yourself and Banjan.

Does anyone else know??? I hate to think i may have uploaded something that it is faulty. They have been working perfectly on my 2 computers.

Has anyone downloaded them that are not experiencing any problems of this nature??

Feedback please.

PS: thanks BenJekyll I am really glad you still like them, perhaps you can let me know if your game is saving ok if you read this???
    :oops:
  • Options
    Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi, :)

You can not use a . in the world name. It will give the reload/save error. I think I read this from AuntieLynds... :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Rflong13 wrote:
    Hi, :)

You can not use a . in the world name. It will give the reload/save error. I think I read this from AuntieLynds... :D

Ahh oh no, do you know if there is anything either I or people that have downloaded the worlds can do to fix? I had to include the . as I was having problems with the launcher and needed to see if it would download with different name (so I added the .) I know better than that now and won't be doing it again!

Am I right in thinking that if I change the name and reupload it will not work as the world is technically in the exchange already?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Just thinking aloud, but will it help if after a simmer has saved their 1st save they go into the file and change the name and remove the dot??
    ??? Thoughts please ???
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sure they can save the install but I'm not sure about the save... They can go into the InstalledWorld folder and rename Cove Cit..world to Cove City.world
    Just remove the extra .

Next time you want to rename to show an update or new version you can use the Roman Numerals- which are letters
    I
    II
    III
    IV
    V
    VI
    VII :D
    Or letters
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E.... :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ok I have reposted your advice Rflong13 onto my blog on my sim page in the hope that people having the issues will look there and here.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You are going to reupload a new world file with the fixed title, right? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top