Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #240-241

NAME: folala

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8118257

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Folalas/library/

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: if you entered the optional challenge, include a link here

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: built in 647 Farmers Valley Road, Riverview. 40x40 plot. $48,743 cost

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I tried to just keep it simple. 2 bed house, 1 bathroom small living area. As its for 'loves the outdoors' people I put the kitchen& dining outside in the patio. 2 greenhouses, one attached to the house. I don't have the beehives so I left space in the top right-hand side of the plot for them.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    edited March 2014
    folala wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #240-241

NAME: folala

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8118257

LINK TO MEDIA: Screenshot-133_zps67c74fd6.jpg

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: if you entered the optional challenge, include a link here

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: built in 647 Farmers Valley Road, Riverview. 40x40 plot. $48,743 cost

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I tried to just keep it simple. 2 bed house, 1 bathroom small living area. As its for 'loves the outdoors' people I put the kitchen& dining outside in the patio. 2 greenhouses, one attached to the house. I don't have the beehives so I left space in the top right-hand side of the plot for them.

Just a heads up folala, the judges do the judging based entirely on your media. The link you provided only has 5 pictures. It might be worth it to you to get a photobucket, flickr, or blog account (all of which can be found free). That way you can showcase your work with multiple detailed photos and give the judges more to work with. Otherwise I'm afraid you might have problems getting good feedback on your build.
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited March 2014
    Beginner Results : Venus Luxe : 238-239

HERE

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/690/279926.page
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited March 2014
    Congrats to Suzieqz for first place in the Venus Luxe competition!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2014
    thanks for the heads up ISHTARJMD, new to forums and not really got a clue what I'm doing! hope i've fixed that now
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited March 2014
    Congrats to all the beginners of the Venus Luxe--with special congrats to Suzieqz! You all did a great job!
  • Options
    redkitty42redkitty42 Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2014
    folala wrote:
    new to forums and not really got a clue what I'm doing! hope i've fixed that now
    I really like your farm! So far it looks like you are doing great.
    I just started building for the build n share just a couple of months ago. The first page of this post has a bunch of helpful links for building and photographing your builds, Youtube also has many videos on how to use cheats and some additional how to's that I have found helpful. I have learned a lot from this group and they have been very encouraging which has help me improve I think.
  • Options
    lLyricsAngellLyricsAngel Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2014
    I want to participate in the challenge
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited March 2014
    Welcome 1LyricsAngel! To participate you just need to build the farm and enter with the form on the front page. Good luck!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    jmdsimsjmdsims Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    something is wrong with my game it won't let me uplode to the exchange and i need help. :(
  • Options
    Suzieqz420Suzieqz420 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks everyone! I am really enjoying the competitions! I have been trying to create a unique Sim Profile picture but I can't figure out how to do it besides the default choices. If anyone can help thanks a bunch! :)
  • Options
    Suzieqz420Suzieqz420 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited March 2014
    jmdsims wrote:
    something is wrong with my game it won't let me uplode to the exchange and i need help. :(

If you change the custom color of an object even just one thing it will not allow you to upload..that's just what I have noticed in the last month of trying to upload and it not working. I have no issues uploading a home that is strictly just what they offer you from the buy/build menu.

What I do for most the challenges is I make the basic home the way I want it and then I upload the lot.. after that goes through then I go back into the game and change the color pallet of most the items in the house then I take pictures.. They judge you just on pictures anyways.
  • Options
    dducknbelledducknbelle Posts: 126 Member
    edited March 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Megami Market part one, build and share challenge 240-241

NAME:Dducknbelle

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8121107

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/dducknbelle77/library/Build and Share/Megami Market and Farm BnS 240-241?sort=4&page=1

Link to media slideshow:
    http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/dducknbelle77/slideshow/Build and Share/Megami Market and Farm BnS 240-241?sort=6

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:

Gin
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8121113

The oldest of ten siblings. Has been taking care of her youngest sister most of her life. So she an her little sis moved her. She has inherited her fathers love of gardening, and her mothers gathering abilities. She has moved to America from China to start a family business here with farming, gardening, and when not doing that shes enjoying a great book!

Persephone
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8121106

She is the youngest of her family of 10 Irish and Asian family. Her mother was an Californian and Irish gal that fell in love with a gentle and loving man from China. She is grateful for her family in so many ways especially her older sister Gin. They moved away from there large family in hopes of making her mothers dreams of a farm, gardening, fruit stand a reality in America. She hopes to make them proud and plans on taking care of her older sister too even though she has trouble seeing.

LEVEL: Beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: size 40x40, 42 Pinnicole road, Sunset Valley, $49,086 simoleans..

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    Megami Market and Farm
    This tiny home is cute with lots of country touches, blues, greens, and yellows and lots of light make this home a true charmer. Fully landscaped with cottonwoods and lots of flowers. 2 bed, 1 bath, with over-sized greenhouse and com-poster. Outdoor sitting area and cute patio with BBQ. Even an old fashioned clothesline to hang laundry. =+) No farm would be complete without a decorative windmill. (yes there's one of those too lol)
    Also it is a farm ready for work, and fun complete with Chickens, Cows, and Bees hey that rhymes lol. New plantings fruit trees for future orchards, and berries, and lots veges..
    Also for an added bonus a fruit stand to sell your wears.
    My fifth build and share challenge build hope you enjoy it!! =) Jess* :D

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure, positive please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: no CC used
    I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs~
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Welcome to the forum.. Enjoy and have fun! =) Jess :D
    I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs~
  • Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh my goodness, if this game crashes one more time while I work on this house, I'm gonna scrap the whole thing. I had just gotten all the plants in bloom and was about to start taking pictures and it died! :roll:
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited March 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #240-241 Megami Market Part One

NAME: gmcrozier

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8122924

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/story/76991

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Same as above

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:
    40x40, unknown address (I placed it) Riverview, $49,988

Megami Sisters:
    Gin and Persephone Megami are of Asian and Russian descent. The sisters lost their parents in a tragic car accident when they were teens, it was also in this accident that Persephone lost her sight. The sisters then went to live with their asian grandparents, where Persephone find comfort in the asian traditions. Gin as the older sister took on many of the responsibilities of helping Persephone. Many think that Gin is much older then Persephone, because of her silver hair, but the truth is there is only a few years separating them. Now as young adults they have decided to strike out on their own and have chosen Riverview as their new home.

Gin Megami: Pisces
    Gin is shy, loves the outdoors, neat, nurturing and has a green thumb. She enjoys hamburgers, pop music and her favorite color is aqua. Gin was raised with the asian traditions, but longs for the modern life. Despite her shyness she craves a more full filling life and dresses the role of a modern young adult. She has adopted a german shepard for her sister in hopes of gaining some personal freedoms. She loves her sister, but fears that Persephone is to dependent on her.

Persephone Megami: Aries
    Persephone is friendly, proper, loves the outdoors, has a green thumb and a good sense of humor. She enjoys Dim Sum, classical music and her favorite color is lilac. Persephone was raised with asian traditions and finds comfort in them. She loves gardening and possesses an almost 6th sense telling her the plants need her attention. She claims that she can hear when they need her. Persephone was a little resistant to have an assistance dog, but she bonded with him quickly. She has named him Aelfric, which means wise and clever. She has taught him all of the tricks... or at least she thinks she has, as she can't really see if he does them, but he always takes the treats, so he must be. She has leash trained him and they both had a grand adventure walking to the park, by themselves. Persephone is enjoying her new found independence and is glad that her sister is able to have more freedom.

Aelfric Megami:
    The newest addition to the Megami household is loyal, nondestructive and a genius. He enjoys long walks and lots of affection from the sisters. Aelfric takes his role in the family seriously and does his best to watch out and protect his family.

Megami Orchards:
    Megami Orchards consists of a 2 bedroom 1 bath home with attached greenhouse. A livestock pen (awaiting the arrival of the milk cows), Fruit orchards and beehives.
    Gin has decorated the home with a modern flair. Some pieces may look out of place, because Persephone insisted on helping and Gin knows that her sister feeling included is more important then whether or not everything goes together.The living area is an open flooplan with direct access to the green house from the kitchen. The bedrooms are laid out in an identical manner, just reversed, so that Persephone is able to navigate in either bedroom without any problems, if she needs to. The bathroom has access from both bedrooms and also the living area. The bathroom is small, but it serves their needs nicely. Their is minimal clutter due to the fact that Gin is neat and also to prevent potential problems for Persephone. Outside their are lots of flowers for the sisters to enjoy. One hive has been placed in the orchards and the other one in a flowerbed. Their is a private pond where Persephone enjoys sitting and listening to the frogs and Gin has discovered that she enjoys fishing. The sisters are discovering that living on a farm is a lot of work and may soon be looking to hire some help...Maybe that cute guy down the street, that keeps giving Gin the eye...

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

Delightful Florals - marcorse - TSR
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited March 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM 240-241 Megami Market Part 1

NAME: FaithofKaela

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8123402

LINK TO MEDIA: http://kaelakreations.wordpress.com/residential-lots/cherry-tree-barn/

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: to follow, hopefully!

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 45 Lost Willow Road, Riverview, cost before play $49,598

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This 2 bedroom, 1 bedroom barn style lot is home for the Megami sisters, decorated in styling and colours that remind them of their native Japan.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None used
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited March 2014
    Great builds, gmcrozier & Faith! I got them both rec'd! :)

paneinger - I hope your game stops crashing and you're able to finish your build!
  • Options
    countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    edited March 2014
    Question; Is the market going to be on the same lot? I need to know if I should save room for it.

@gmcrozier & Faith great build!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    gmcrozier wrote:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #240-241 Megami Market Part One

NAME: gmcrozier

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8122924

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/story/76991

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Same as above

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:
    40x40, unknown address (I placed it) Riverview, $49,988

Megami Sisters:
    Gin and Persephone Megami are of Asian and Russian descent. The sisters lost their parents in a tragic car accident when they were teens, it was also in this accident that Persephone lost her sight. The sisters then went to live with their asian grandparents, where Persephone find comfort in the asian traditions. Gin as the older sister took on many of the responsibilities of helping Persephone. Many think that Gin is much older then Persephone, because of her silver hair, but the truth is there is only a few years separating them. Now as young adults they have decided to strike out on their own and have chosen Riverview as their new home.

Gin Megami: Pisces
    Gin is shy, loves the outdoors, neat, nurturing and has a green thumb. She enjoys hamburgers, pop music and her favorite color is aqua. Gin was raised with the asian traditions, but longs for the modern life. Despite her shyness she craves a more full filling life and dresses the role of a modern young adult. She has adopted a german shepard for her sister in hopes of gaining some personal freedoms. She loves her sister, but fears that Persephone is to dependent on her.

Persephone Megami: Aries
    Persephone is friendly, proper, loves the outdoors, has a green thumb and a good sense of humor. She enjoys Dim Sum, classical music and her favorite color is lilac. Persephone was raised with asian traditions and finds comfort in them. She loves gardening and possesses an almost 6th sense telling her the plants need her attention. She claims that she can hear when they need her. Persephone was a little resistant to have an assistance dog, but she bonded with him quickly. She has named him Aelfric, which means wise and clever. She has taught him all of the tricks... or at least she thinks she has, as she can't really see if he does them, but he always takes the treats, so he must be. She has leash trained him and they both had a grand adventure walking to the park, by themselves. Persephone is enjoying her new found independence and is glad that her sister is able to have more freedom.

Aelfric Megami:
    The newest addition to the Megami household is loyal, nondestructive and a genius. He enjoys long walks and lots of affection from the sisters. Aelfric takes his role in the family seriously and does his best to watch out and protect his family.

Megami Orchards:
    Megami Orchards consists of a 2 bedroom 1 bath home with attached greenhouse. A livestock pen (awaiting the arrival of the milk cows), Fruit orchards and beehives.
    Gin has decorated the home with a modern flair. Some pieces may look out of place, because Persephone insisted on helping and Gin knows that her sister feeling included is more important then whether or not everything goes together.The living area is an open flooplan with direct access to the green house from the kitchen. The bedrooms are laid out in an identical manner, just reversed, so that Persephone is able to navigate in either bedroom without any problems, if she needs to. The bathroom has access from both bedrooms and also the living area. The bathroom is small, but it serves their needs nicely. Their is minimal clutter due to the fact that Gin is neat and also to prevent potential problems for Persephone. Outside their are lots of flowers for the sisters to enjoy. One hive has been placed in the orchards and the other one in a flowerbed. Their is a private pond where Persephone enjoys sitting and listening to the frogs and Gin has discovered that she enjoys fishing. The sisters are discovering that living on a farm is a lot of work and may soon be looking to hire some help...Maybe that cute guy down the street, that keeps giving Gin the eye...

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

Delightful Florals - marcorse - TSR

gmcrozier: I love everything about this, especially the story and the dog named Aelfric.. My sisters were of Irish and Asian decent. Love your reasons behind the house and there relationship too.. I couldn't get my greenhouse to work though? I got the com-poster in there and couldn't plant anything? What is the trick for that?? Still a beginner at this.. I love your greenhouse too..Good luck I have recommended your house too on the exchange.

• Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited March 2014

gmcrozier: I love everything about this, especially the story and the dog named Aelfric.. My sisters were of Irish and Asian decent. Love your reasons behind the house and there relationship too.. I couldn't get my greenhouse to work though? I got the com-poster in there and couldn't plant anything? What is the trick for that?? Still a beginner at this.. I love your greenhouse too..Good luck I have recommended your house too on the exchange.

First off... thank you for the kind words. As far as the com-poster/fast grow station, I didn't use it, because it ate up to much of my budget and took up to much room. I have not had an opportunity to place it and use it in game play, so I can't tell you how it is supposed to work. I would suggest experimenting with it on one of your saved games.

@ _Princess_Natasha_ & countrykris1play Thank you!
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    edited March 2014

because the green house is considered indoors, you can't plant there without haveing that planting carpet or turning on move objects. :)
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    edited March 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Megami Market Part One #240-241

NAME: VannaRed

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8125301

Gin is a Libra, loves the color white, Chinese music, and stir fry.
    She's brave, Eco-friendly, has a green thumb and loves the outdoors but is shy.

Persephone is a Virgo who also loves the outdoors, is Eco-friendly, and loves the outdoors. She's friendly and a vegetarian. Just like her sister she loves Chinese music and stir fry but her favorite color is green, if she could see colors it would be anyway.

LINK TO MEDIA: http://vannaredsim.blogspot.com/2014/03/megami-market-part-one-b-n-s-challenge.html

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://simvannared.blogspot.com/2014/03/megami-market-part-1-build-n-share-240.html

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 lot at 2500 Pinochle Pointe final cost was $50,002.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: clean and uncluttered. Straight pathways for the seeing impaired.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: make up, but i couldn't make out the name through the folder icon.
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    edited March 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [Megami Market Part One 240-241]

NAME: masajo

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8125972

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Megami Market Part One
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Megami Market Part One

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8133203

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Gin and Persephone Megami
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Gin and Persephone Megami

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 1-11 Pomona Promenade, Appaloosa Plains, 49,983 simoleons

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Small, clean and natural looking two bedroom, one bathroom house with living room, kitchen/diner and adjoining greenhouse. Light and airy, designed to a simple layout. Small patio at the rear. Open plan at the front with easy access and paths to all areas.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC used
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    ALlewelynJonesALlewelynJones Posts: 61 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi I am new to this whole building thing and think that this is a good way to improve.. So sad that I dont have the cows though... Chickens will have to do, Will upload my entry soon.. Once the game loads... Maybe in a few years! Lol. Please don't laugh at my lame attempts to build/landscape!
    Join me for fun on my YouTube Channel where I create Let's Plays, CAS and build videos.
    Other games may appear from time to time to!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CalienteLlama

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top