Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited February 2014
    [/quote]
    Lebanna wrote:

oh and I like this video on MOO, it gives some inspiration what you could do with it :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxgamYi9eo [/quote]

Thanks for the link. After checking it out I started playing around with it more and created this:

http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/media/Playing with MOO/Screenshot-2_zps694eafc9.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I already had my "David's Chamber Challenge house completed and with all of the budget issues that I had I didn't want to go back and mess with it. So I am looking forward to the next challenge. :)

edit: Sorry about that, didn't mean to make everything go wonkers. I removed the photo and put in a link instead.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited February 2014
    David's Chambers #236-237

NAME: cmbaker16

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8055811

LINK TO MEDIA: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/150/712200.page#11808563
    nyu4hx.jpg
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:
    Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8055813

Media: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/165/712200.page
    (Media takes up two post one with info on David and another for a little story about his life in the house.)

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30, 365 oak grove road(Sunset Valley), $52,405

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The resident will find themselves right at home in this warm and cozy country style home. The backyard will melt away your worries and allow you to vent your frustration. An empty bedroom leaves room for your family to grow or if you don't plan on kids a hobbies room or extra office space. It also come with two bathrooms and an office.

Since this is the home of a single guy I didn't touch to much on the decor cause I've seen some single guy's rooms and their not much for those little touches. Also, the second bedroom was left empty on purpose since he's a single guy living alone the room could become a hobbies room, a nursery if he does marry, or he could decide to have a roommate. It all just depends on how someone will play him.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: YES!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    @gmcrozier: I'm not sure if it's you but to my computer your picture seems to be really huge making the page go kinda funky so if you wouldn't mind resizing it to something smaller. I know there's a code to use when posting pictures but I don't know what it is since I usually size my images through a graphics program or a website. But I'm sure someone here knows it.

and again I'm not blaming you or anything but to me it seems your picture is too big so just thought I'd ask you to resize it so the thread doesn't get broken.
  • Options
    craigst39craigst39 Posts: 434 Member
    edited February 2014
    are creams and browns and greens considered traditional colors or should i not use brown? And what about red or blue?
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2014
    @craigst39: I would follow the advice from the article and add my own artistic interpretation, if I were you. The article is probably on the previous page of this thread. EDIT: This came off much ruder than I meant. I meant to say that it's what I did and I don't know enough to say anything other than what the article said.

@cmbaker16: Stunning garden and landscaping!
    @Suzieqz420: I love your "L" shaped staircase!
    @gmcrozier: Your garden is so Asian, I love it!
    @saint_gambi: I adore your Tudor!
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2014
    craigst39 wrote:
    are creams and browns and greens considered traditional colors or should i not use brown? And what about red or blue?

In my opinion, nearly any color should be fine as long as it is not ultra shiny or neon-anything out of the norm would not be traditional. Hope this helps :D
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited February 2014
    Nearly finished my build, couple of things still need refined, but yeah, nearly there (:

Screenshot-400_zpsc484e5db.jpg

Ugh, so jealous of your ability to build...excuse me while I go DIE.

My ability isn't brilliant haha, but thanks (:

Also, my builds are not without me taking tantrums over things not working out properly haha. I always look at pictures of houses and take elements from each to help with my builds, it doesn't come from nowhere!

Real life inspiration is wonderful! I love Pinterest! I spend lots of time on there looking at pictures of real life houses inside and out! Also, looking at builds by Simmers who have been building for a LONG time is very inspirational and also gives you insight into the unique things you can do with the game! :)

Your build is charming! I really like the yellow!
    Pintrest annoys me because the images are never large enough. But I would also echo the sentiments about drawing inspiration from real houses. I am the same way, finding a style I really like, and taking elements that I can recreate. Not always 100% exact match for the original, but that's where you use your creative skills. :)

Also have to say I love your build Rachel. That shade of yellow is gorgeous, and your roof lines are spot on too!

You can use Houzz. They let you search by style. And they have nice articles about different styles. Their pictures are usually big! :) There's so many places really! And it's always fun to find a new place to draw inspiration from! :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    craigst39 wrote:

Brown would be nice for floors and some other things. Creams would be nice for cabinets and walls. And greens, reds and blues are great for furniture and bedding! Nothing neon or overly modern! Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    craigst39 wrote:

I sure hope those colors are allowed cause I used quite a few of those colors in my own build :D
    @cmbaker16: Stunning garden and landscaping!

Thank you, I actually wasn't sure about the garden but I can only wait and see.
    Brown would be nice for floors and some other things. Creams would be nice for cabinets and walls. And greens, reds and blues are great for furniture and bedding! Nothing neon or overly modern! Hope this helps! :-)

Hey I think you just described how I used the colors :lol:. I used brown on some furniture but only to match the dark brown paneling and wooden floors I used as well as cream colored paneling. I used blue on the walls in the master bedroom as well as on the bed but it all came together and didn't seem to be too much but that could just be my own optimism :lol:
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited February 2014
    OK, so I am having a couple of better days, so I thought I would try a little something for this challenge. Here's what I have so far:

1a1b_zpsfcaa66bf.jpg~original"width=700"
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2014
    OK, so I am having a couple of better days, so I thought I would try a little something for this challenge. Here's what I have so far:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH! very pretty! :D And I am very glad to hear you are feeling better!!
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    edited March 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [David's Chambers 236-237]

NAME: masajo

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8056553

LINK TO MEDIA:

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Lotus Lodge
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Lotus Lodge

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:

The young brave and disciplined Lieutenant David Chambers is a hopeless romantic who loves the outdoors. Ex-military, recently released due to cutbacks, he now works in computers .. graphics, game engine design, etc. Having the computer whiz trait makes this the ideal job for him. After moving into his new house, Lotus Lodge, David invites his new friend, Xantha Disthenos, over to show her his new home.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8056552
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Davids Chambers Optional
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Davids Chambers Optional

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30 x 30, 2250 Pinochle Point, Sunset Valley, 59,804 simoleons

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Traditional looking lodge style house, medium size. Open concept living, dining and kitchen areas with front and back doorways. Kitchen leads to utility room, separate office, bathroom on ground floor. Two bedrooms upstairs. All styled in a traditional manner. Planted front garden. Asian zen relaxing back garden surrounded by privacy fence with gates leading to front. Includes hot tub, gazebo, patio dining, planting and paviers.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited February 2014

I told you already, but I love it ;) Nice to see a Faith build on Build and Share ;)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    edited February 2014

It's beautiful!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Looking at everybody's is making me sick... I'm soo bad at traditional styles. Maybe I should demolish my 3rd attempt and start all over again? I don't really want to though...
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    edited February 2014
    Looking at everybody's is making me sick... I'm soo bad at traditional styles. Maybe I should demolish my 3rd attempt and start all over again? I don't really want to though...

I know what you mean. I think I'm doing good then I see these. lol. Everyone is so good!!! And on that budget??!!!! I'm so impressed with all this talent.
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited February 2014
    VannaRed wrote:

I know what you mean. I think I'm doing good then I see these. lol. Everyone is so good!!! And on that budget??!!!! I'm so impressed with all this talent.

Yeah the budget is a toughy, and my entry may still not work, the downstairs is done, but I still have to finish the first floor, with a lousy $10k.....

And thanks for all your lovely comments about my build :mrgreen:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ok this is what i have so far for interior. Not sure if they are traditional colors but i tried to keep things consistant. So please tell me what you all think.

Screenshot-4_zps9d036c59.jpg

Screenshot-3_zpsc835ce26.jpg

Screenshot-2_zpsdb34410e.jpg

Screenshot_zps28733812.jpg

Oh and how do i get the signature to work i did what it said and it just shows up as text?
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited February 2014
    craigst39 wrote:
    Ok this is what i have so far for interior. Not sure if they are traditional colors but i tried to keep things consistant. So please tell me what you all think.
    I really love pink and green together. Most people who have had their mothers (or grandmothers) help them pick out clothing at one point will probably know the little cautionary rhyme about pink and green, but I think they can look fabulous together, and you've found two shades that really pop. It may not be strictly traditional, as you said, but IMO it looks right.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you very much. It has been a very long time since i have done a challenge and i am enjoying it very much.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you very much it has been a long time since i have done a challenge and i am enjoying it very much.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    There's so much wonderful creativity here!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Im just hoping i can finish on budget. lol
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    VannaRed wrote:

Yeah the budget is a toughy, and my entry may still not work, the downstairs is done, but I still have to finish the first floor, with a lousy $10k.....

And thanks for all your lovely comments about my build :mrgreen:

That's exactly it! All of the traditional furniture is really expensive (in-game) and trying to make the less expensive items look traditional is really hard! Plus, my first build had amazing architecture, but I couldn't get enough furniture to make it look right, and the third house has enough furniture to fill the space, but the architecture is pretty bland... Especially compared to everyone else's beautiful builds!
  • Options
    dducknbelledducknbelle Posts: 126 Member
    edited February 2014
    Official Entry Form

NAME:
    bettylovebrewer

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8053491

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=461725
    Updated with Better Media Link

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:
    Same as link to lot.

LEVEL:
    Beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:
    Size: 20x30
    Address: 72 Water Lily Lane
    Final Cost: $58,757

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    I have a pool for a hot tub. I couldn't find a hot tub in my inventory. I only have the original game with no expansions though.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:
    Yes. Much needed. This is my first submission.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    N/A

Welcome to this forum! Enjoy and have lots of fun!!
    I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top