Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    laurelarlaurelar Posts: 383 Member
    Got Mid Century for 5 sp and Hewnsman was a green button! I wasn't expecting that. I thought I was going to owe about 30 for it. Thanks everyone who has helped me along on those!

Thank you @Assirk for the dress. I am inching closer to the One with Nature set!
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    JUST WOKE UP THANKS @Teanias FOR THE GIFT BYE SEE YA!! ;)
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited February 2016
    tac612 wrote: »
    @Okblondee7 Oh my goodness! Seriously!? Thank you so much! I don't feel like those words are enough for what you gifted me! I can't wait to try out Lunar Lakes and the Gothique Library! My husband is looking at me like I'm an alien because I'm sitting here with the biggest grin on my face and he thinks I am silly for going after the store and spending time ad-ing for sp's. But, I told him, it's no different then sending actual money on things you love, and this is no different lol. I think he understands (kind of). I will be sure to repay you when I can. Thanks again!

Edit: I've seen a few people mention something about people being "blacklisted." What does this mean?

What do husbands know, right? Enjoy your items and your world! Also, repayment isn't necessary! <3

ETA: To @tac612, a quote from @Reachsims regarding 'Deathlisting' :

Deathlisting™ - What is it? What's it about?

1. It's an old time Sims 3 Gifting Forum tradition.
    2. It does mean the entire wish list is wiped out (gifted), with this exception.
    --- There are certain Simmers that only ever have 5 - 10 items on their wish list, usually very inexpensive items. They create a new list as it empties. They like to keep their list really short. This is not exactly someone who is ripe for Deathlisting™ but please continue reading here.
    3. To leave you with a very rough example, a good candidate might have a world on their wish list, one or two venues and 5 - 15 inexpensive items.
    4. It's a very special feeling to be chosen for Deathlisting™ by anyone. I know because it happened to me.
    5. To be chosen for Deathlisting™, the giving individual or the Team, collectively, have to be able to afford the entire wish list at one time.
    6. Lastly, and most importantly of all, and why we do this... We consider this an honour to be selected as the recipient of this gift, because it means we like you, we respect something we see in you through your posts here. You might make us laugh more or you are especially thoughtful but we're especially glad you're here.
    7. Because this is very special, this usually only happens once to a Simmer.

:star: A final word... everyone who shares here, who gives in any way possible, is actually part of our Deathlisting™ Team. You knew that, right? How on earth could we do this without all of you chopping down that wish list until it was possible to hit it with an axe! :star:

*Hugs* - Reach
  • Options
    LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    Huge thanks to @skybaker , who I havent had the pleasure of meeting yet. Thank you for my gift, stranger! <3 Happy Saturday everyone!

I'm currently finishing 3 assignments for university, all due Monday, while my Love (boyfriend) is playing video games, and our dog is asleep at our feet.

I must say, it's a very good evening!
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

• Options
    renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member
    Thanks to @Assirk and @OriginalMara i got Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set for 160 :)
    updated my top 5 and reorganized. now things are listed in order of DD appearance
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Wow @renyerookami! That must have taken some time but that is a fantastic system! I'm off for the night but will have another look tomorrow. Thank you also for removing all the sets that are CYS-enabled. That sure helps anyone who just drops some gifts off but has no time for keeping up with every individual's different wish list maintenance style. Thank you! :smiley:

I know some thank you's were passed in my direction today and I am so pleased you guys were happy with your gifts. o:)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i stiil haven't figured out how people know when things will appear on the dd.
  • Options

There's a predictable rotation and many wonderful spreadsheets that calculates all kinds of things for you. I'll dig up the threads.
  • Options
    renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14402866/#Comment_14402866
    here's where we get the info. if you go down there are a bunch of links to spreadsheets set up for the different time zones
  • Options
    laurelar wrote: »

There's a predictable rotation and many wonderful spreadsheets that calculates all kinds of things for you. I'll dig up the threads.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774450/current-dd-daily-deal-rotation-sales-help-started-september-22nd
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/809797/cascades-daily-deals-getting-the-best-bang-for-your-sp
  • Options
    ppersefoneppersefone Posts: 42 Member
    Thank you @Reachsims, @HayleyJBelle and @charlotteprice by gifts!!! Everyone has a great Sunday :D:D:)
  • Options
    MsRedMsRed Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2016
    @charlotteprice! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I've wanted that Boardwalk forever! Well, ever since it came out, really. :heart::blush:

And thank you @tac612 for that adorable out fit! :smile:
    The Sims 3 Store: ♢ My Page | ♢ My Wishlist | ♢ YouTube Channel | ♢ My Top 5
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You are very welcome @MsRed So glad you like it and have been wanting it for a while <3

@everyone else who thanked me, you are very welcome!

On a side note, taxes went good today so of course I had to buy some SP's, LOL. We were actually saved because of our Daughter going to college, LOL. That has helped for the past three years now but this year with hubby not working for the last 4 months the college really helped. Maybe things are calming down and we are settling into a new world of living/surviving now that there is a light at the end of the tunnel? Maybe things will start looking up again, I so miss a lot of those non-stressful days :D

*hugs to everyone*
  • Options
    ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    Thanks @adamzaid for the gifts.

I was streaming art for Pokemon's 20th anniversary yesterday.
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
  • Options
    @charlotteprice, I couldn't be happier for you! Good news! <3
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited February 2016
    @charlotteprice thank you for the bookcase and the hairstyle!
    Now I'm going to update my top 5 again :)

edit: updated!
  • Options
    You are very welcome @GITTE2001 Glad I could help you out B)
  • Options
    Kyrah2016Kyrah2016 Posts: 217 Member
    @Teanias @HSmith2016 @Victoria069290

You're all very welcome! :) Being able to gift people is such great FUN B)
  • Options
    @Kyrah2016, it sure is! :)

Now I think I should go to bed! Got caught up in General Discussion. Sweet dreams and/or good morning all! :)
  • Options
    B) Best Value Green DD Sales for Sets & Venues coming up in the week ahead:

The Now & Then Century Manor - 74% Off - DD # 390
    Sale Price: 494 / Regular Price: 1900
    Not available for CYS Discount

Technophobe No More - 67% Off - DD # 394
    Sale Price: 510 / Regular Price: 1530
    CYS of 918 or less to get it for FREE

Vineyard Villa Furnishings - 67% Off - DD # 397
    Sale Price: 252 / Regular Price: 810
    CYS of 503 for less to get it for FREE

Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes - 71% Off - DD # 418
    Sale Price: 570 / Regular Price: 1987
    CYS of 1276 or less to get it for FREE

Street Couture - Kids and Teens - 53% Off - DD # 422
    Sale Price: 225 / Regular Price: 475
    CYS of 225 or less to get it for FREE

Through the Spy Glass - 59% Off - DD # 425
    Sale Price: 247 / Regular Price: 601
    CYS of 319 or less to get it for FREE

Glitter and Glam Bedroom - 42% Off - DD # 428
    Sale Price: 232 / Regular Price: 401
    CYS of 153 for less to get it for FREE

Loads of Laundry - 67% Off - DD # 447
    Sale Price: 360 / Regular Price: 1080
    CYS of 648 or less to get it for FREE

Mother Russia - 66% Off - DD # 449
    Sale Price: 646 / Regular Price: 1900
    CYS of 1129 or less to get it for FREE

Country Livin' - 74% Off - DD # 450
    Sale Price: 390 / Regular Price: 1500
    CYS of 999 or less to get it for FREE

May 2012 Compilation Set - 75% Off - DD # 454
    Sale Price: 700 / Regular Price: 2800
    CYS of 1890 or less to get it for FREE

The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire - 63% Off - DD # 455
    Sale Price: 627 / Regular Price: 1710
    Not available for CYS Discount

It’s Game Time! - 72% Off - DD # 461
    Sale Price: 154 / Regular Price: 545
    CYS of 352 or less to get it for FREE

Hewnsman Outdoor Set - 64% Off - DD # 463
    Sale Price: 180 / Regular Price: 495
    CYS of 284 or less to get it for FREE

All information is generously provided by the Awesome DD Team: :star:DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP :star:
    All CYS For FREE values are Estimated
    All Mistakes would be Mine :#
  • Options
    On a side note, taxes went good today so of course I had to buy some SP's, LOL. We were actually saved because of our Daughter going to college, LOL. That has helped for the past three years now but this year with hubby not working for the last 4 months the college really helped. Maybe things are calming down and we are settling into a new world of living/surviving now that there is a light at the end of the tunnel? Maybe things will start looking up again, I so miss a lot of those non-stressful days :D

*hugs to everyone*

:s Taxes... phooey. Wouldn't Spring be sooo much better if tax season wasn't included? Just when you start to smell Spring in the air and begin dreaming dreams of the warm fun days to come -WHAM!- you're broke. Really, they should switch it to some other season! We were with our accountant yesterday. The current figures show that, after taxes, we'll have enough left for a pizza with 2 extra toppings. We're considering defrauding the government so we can maybe squeeze a movie in there. :D *sigh*
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    just back from school and thanks alot @charlotteprice and @reachsims for the gifts ;) the set hotsummer days is 65sp one more item and i can get it!

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:37481 (75sp) and this item should make me own it :p
  • Options
    shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    Updated my top 5!

Happy simming! :wink:
  • Options
    my next set is Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection its coming on dd later so any help is appreciated (although i am not asking to gift me) ;)
  • Options
    @Kyrah2016 ROFL you are too funny :D
    We still owe though! What we get back in state will pay for federal all but $65.......so.....no pizza for me :'(

*still laughing over pizza and defrauding* laughing-smiley-face.gif