Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations is Good Enough for me!!

I just recently review all of EdenStyle reviews, http://www.edenstyle.it/expansion-packs/the-sims-3-generations-preview-part-1-education.html about Generations and so far she have covered alot of info:

Boarding Schools
Afterschool Activies
Field Trips
Proms
Driving Lessons
Graduations
Enhanced Weddings
Playgrounds
Treehouses
Sleepovers
Midlife Crisis
Canes for Elders
Body Hair
2 new traits: Nurturing and Rebellious
New Hair
New Outfits
Tons of new objects
Pranks
Punishment
Imaginary Friends
Memories
Home Videos
Strollers
More Romantic Interactions
Telling Scary Stories, and Bedtime Stories
Dating
More Interactions.....

Umm I'm sold!!! I'll buy it.
Lol but seriously, I'm impressed with this expansion pack. I think they cover the subject of family very well with this. Good job EA.

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I can't wait either.
  • Options
    JennyPie45JennyPie45 Posts: 942
    edited May 2011
    I forget the link, but there was one somebody posted that sold me. I originally thought it was just going to be dissapointing like WA. The new features added to gameplay with this expansion pack is going to add SO much to the game. :)
  • Options
    NyeYahNyeYah Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2011
    JennyPie45 wrote:
    I forget the link, but there was one somebody posted that sold me. I originally thought it was just going to be dissapointing like WA. The new features added to gameplay with this expansion pack is going to add SO much to the game. :)

I feel the same way JennyPie45, as always there will be things that we wish were in the game, but im looking at all the new things they did add. Right now the pros outweigh the cons for me!!
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited May 2011
    NyeYah wrote:
    JennyPie45 wrote:

I feel the same way JennyPie45, as always there will be things that we wish were in the game, but im looking at all the new things they did add. Right now the pros outweigh the cons for me!!

I love the idea of this EP!!! There are lots of things for children and teens now, which is something I've always felt was lacking. I'm not so bothered about the dating, but I love the new decorative items and the bunk-beds, spiral staircases, TREEHOUSE (my favourite :lol: ) and the playground equipments. And the pranks. Because the kids are way too good :lol:

Release date can't come quick enough!!!! :mrgreen:
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    pieceofme07pieceofme07 Posts: 348 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Me to i hope they cover the matenity wear all so:)

Im so exsited iv only been exsited like this for when sims 3 forst came out i cant waight!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    edited May 2011
    Me to i hope they cover the matenity wear all so:)

Im so exsited iv only been exsited like this for when sims 3 forst came out i cant waight!

Prehaps we'll get some new maternity wear Thursday in the store. I think most of the new items Thursday will be themed for Generations. 2 days left.
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited May 2011
    I'm more excited for this EP than for any one so far .. !

It ships the day I graduate from high school so I've already asked for my first graduation present! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pieceofme07pieceofme07 Posts: 348 New Member
    edited May 2011
    OMG thurdays omg i cant waight i hope soo that would be awsome i could get ready for generations yaaay omg im so exsited thanks catloverplayer :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    OMG thurdays omg i cant waight i hope soo that would be awsome i could get ready for generations yaaay omg im so exsited thanks catloverplayer :)

Yes I love the first Thursday of every month because of the new store stuff. I sure hope we get some new maternity and lots of new hair for female adults. :D
  • Options
    SiljeLienSiljeLien Posts: 258 Member
    edited May 2011
    For the first time, I actually have a good feeling about an expansion pack. IMO every EP has been a disappointment, but I hope I won't be disappointed this time too.
    Just keep simming. Just keep simming. Just keep simming, simming, simming. What do we do? We sim, sim.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Yes I love the first Thursday of every month because of the new store stuff. I sure hope we get some new maternity and lots of new hair for female adults. :D

Ooo maternity wear, good idea!! That would be awesome.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    MissyHissy wrote:
    NyeYah wrote:
    JennyPie45 wrote:

I love the idea of this EP!!! There are lots of things for children and teens now, which is something I've always felt was lacking. I'm not so bothered about the dating, but I love the new decorative items and the bunk-beds, spiral staircases, TREEHOUSE (my favourite :lol: ) and the playground equipments. And the pranks. Because the kids are way too good :lol:

Release date can't come quick enough!!!! :mrgreen:

I can definitely see my younger sims playing some pranks on the elder sims all the time. :twisted: :P :lol:
  • Options
    JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited May 2011
    NyeYah wrote:
    I just recently review all of EdenStyle reviews, http://www.edenstyle.it/expansion-packs/the-sims-3-generations-preview-part-1-education.html about Generations and so far she have covered alot of info:

Lol but seriously, I'm impressed with this expansion pack. I think they cover the subject of family very well with this. Good job EA.
    What I think of these features:
    Boarding Schools - rabbit hole, you can't even play as the sim when they are gone
    Afterschool Activities - not sure what you mean, but I bet some of them will be rabbit holes
    Field Trips - not a rabbit hole judging from the simsvip description. Cool then, school is boring right now
    Proms - rabbit hole
    Driving Lessons - really cool and all, but how long will it stay fun?
    Graduations - rabbit hole? If not, judging by the simsvip description the only thing that will happen is that you will go to the city hall and get a diploma. Sounds fun...
    Enhanced Weddings - we had most of it in TS2 already, so what's the big deal?
    Playgrounds - fun, but they will be empty just like all other lots
    Treehouses - fun, but rabbit hole like mist other things in this EP
    Sleepovers - you can already do this I think? If not, cool. But the people will still do the same thing as usual: eat a little, use the toilet, play a guitar. Fun
    Midlife Crisis - Don't know anything about this
    Canes for Elders - Fun, but will NPCs use them?
    Body Hair - Ew
    2 new traits: Nurturing and Rebellious - Only 2 traits?
    New Hair - Fun, but will I use them all? Doubt it. My house is after all not infinite in size so I can't really fit everything in it either
    New Outfits - See above
    Tons of new objects - See above
    Pranks - Fun how many times exactly?
    Punishment - Cool. But you can avoid it anyway by escaping. Besides, I almost always control my sims directly so they will never do any pranks on their own.
    Imaginary Friends - Looks dumb, walks slow, the best thing the developers could think of was "it can bring snacks from the fridge". Fun...
    Memories - Already existed in TS2. Not impressed.
    Home Videos - I can already record by pressing V. Pretty cool that you can record from first person now though
    Strollers - Fun how long exactly?
    More Romantic Interactions - This is needed for sure
    Telling Scary Stories, and Bedtime Stories - Scary stories can be told by crazy sims, bedtime stories...well...that was in TS2 Freetime I think
    Dating - And do what exactly? Go eat at bistro (a rabbit hole)? Fun.
    More Interactions..... - Fun. But will the NPCs use them? Because now all they do is talk or play guitar. Not much action there

Not worth the 50 bucks I'm afraid
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    edited May 2011
    NyeYah,

I'm definitively going to get it. It looks like its going to be really fun, despite any of its short comings.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

The only difference this time is we don't have the slowdance we have to fake it with the amourous hug. Way to go EA. :thumbdown:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,965 Member
    edited May 2011
    I was just getting ready to post how happy I was to see a positive thread with people actually looking forward to Generations. So I sign in and come back to the thread and already here's a party ******. Why try to bring down the excitement? There are plenty of threads already where you could post your dislikes. The thread title should have been enough to alert you to the content of this thread. I have never posted a negative comment on this forum but I am truly getting sick and tired of people commandeering the threads. Whether it be a negative post and posters oppose or vice versa. Enough is enough. Use the search feature or go back a couple pages and find a relevant thread to post your thoughts.

And so there's no mistake my post was directed to JohanFoppa
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    edited May 2011

The only difference this time is we don't have the slowdance we have to fake it with the amourous hug. Way to go EA. :thumbdown:

Catloverplayer,

Is not having the slow dance really that big of a deal, when there's so much else in this new expansion pack? There are a lot of things that I would have liked them to include in Generations that would go perfectly with the theme and would add a lot more game play, but EA chose not include for one reason or another. The same could be said for any of the expansion packs they've released so far. So what's the big deal?
  • Options
    JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I was just getting ready to post how happy I was to see a positive thread with people actually looking forward to Generations. So I sign in and come back to the thread and already here's a party ******. Why try to bring down the excitement? There are plenty of threads already where you could post your dislikes. The thread title should have been enough to alert you to the content of this thread. I have never posted a negative comment on this forum but I am truly getting sick and tired of people commandeering the threads. Whether it be a negative post and posters oppose or vice versa. Enough is enough. Use the search feature or go back a couple pages and find a relevant thread to post your thoughts.

Hello.
    This thread is called "Generations is Good Enough For me!!" so I kinda assumed the OP wanted to know if other people thought Generations is good enough for a buy. So I responded.

Sorry if I am not psychic, but it is a little hard to guess where the OP wants to go considering how there is NO discussion material/questions in this thread. Also, nowhere does it say "don't come here if you don't want to buy the game for 50 bucks, only people that want to get robbed can post here" either.

I personally don't think Generations is worth the 50 bucks they want for the game where I live. Am I supposed to sit quiet about this, or write it somewhere where people will read it?
    Do you personally think some small enhancements + another half baked life state is worth 50 dollar?

Please go troll on someone else.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    NyeYah wrote:

What I think of these features:
    Boarding Schools - rabbit hole, you can't even play as the sim when they are gone
    Afterschool Activities - not sure what you mean, but I bet some of them will be rabbit holes
    Field Trips - not a rabbit hole judging from the simsvip description. Cool then, school is boring right now
    Proms - rabbit hole
    Driving Lessons - really cool and all, but how long will it stay fun?
    Graduations - rabbit hole? If not, judging by the simsvip description the only thing that will happen is that you will go to the city hall and get a diploma. Sounds fun...
    Playgrounds - fun, but they will be empty just like all other lots
    Treehouses - fun, but rabbit hole like mist other things in this EP
    Sleepovers - you can already do this I think? If not, cool. But the people will still do the same thing as usual: eat a little, use the toilet, play a guitar. Fun
    Midlife Crisis - Don't know anything about this
    Canes for Elders - Fun, but will NPCs use them?
    Body Hair - Ew
    2 new traits: Nurturing and Rebellious - Only 2 traits?
    New Hair - Fun, but will I use them all? Doubt it. My house is after all not infinite in size so I can't really fit everything in it either
    New Outfits - See above
    Tons of new objects - See above
    Pranks - Fun how many times exactly?
    Punishment - Cool. But you can avoid it anyway by escaping. Besides, I almost always control my sims directly so they will never do any pranks on their own.
    Imaginary Friends - Looks dumb, walks slow, the best thing the developers could think of was "it can bring snacks from the fridge". Fun...
    Memories - Already existed in TS2. Not impressed.
    Home Videos - I can already record by pressing V. Pretty cool that you can record from first person now though
    Strollers - Fun how long exactly?
    More Romantic Interactions - This is needed for sure
    Telling Scary Stories, and Bedtime Stories - Scary stories can be told by crazy sims, bedtime stories...well...that was in TS2 Freetime I think
    Dating - And do what exactly? Go eat at bistro (a rabbit hole)? Fun.
    More Interactions..... - Fun. But will the NPCs use them? Because now all they do is talk or play guitar. Not much action there

Not worth the 50 bucks I'm afraid

Yess a lot of these new activities are rabbit holes, but I kind of look at it like this, if they did open everything I believe that would slow the game down tremendously. I wouldn't want that.

I think the amount of choices we get the have in the game now, really got me excited.

But I hope you change your mind when the game comes out, if you ever plan on buying it.

Happy Simming!!!

• Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited May 2011

According to Jarsie9, the key to enjoying The Sims 3 is lowering your expectations. ;)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:

Hello.
    This thread is called "Generations is Good Enough For me!!" so I kinda assumed the OP wanted to know if other people thought Generations is good enough for a buy. So I responded.

Sorry if I am not psychic, but it is a little hard to guess where the OP wants to go considering how there is NO discussion material/questions in this thread. Also, nowhere does it say "don't come here if you don't want to buy the game for 50 bucks, only people that want to get robbed can post here" either.

I personally don't think Generations is worth the 50 bucks they want for the game where I live. Am I supposed to sit quiet about this, or write it somewhere where people will read it?
    Do you personally think some small enhancements + another half baked life state is worth 50 dollar?

Please go troll on someone else.

I truly don't mind the disagreements, this thread was just stating my opinion on the game. Not everyone is the same so it is expected to get people who disagree with what i wrote. Also this thread is open to everyone, so JohanFoppa's response is ok. I responded accordingly.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Damienf519 wrote:

Catloverplayer,

Is not having the slow dance really that big of a deal, when there's so much else in this new expansion pack? There are a lot of things that I would have liked them to include in Generations that would go perfectly with the theme and would add a lot more game play, but EA chose not include for one reason or another. The same could be said for any of the expansion packs they've released so far. So what's the big deal?

Because if were going to have proper weddings we need the slowdance back.

Don't get me wrong I'm very excited about this ep especially with features like more kids interactions,ghost stories,sleeping bags,memories etc but this would have been the perfect ep to bring back the slowdance. Their adding stargazing so why not the slowdance?

I still think this ep is going to be awesome and the best yet even better then late night. The lack of the slowdance and no open resturents are just 2 things I'm disappointed in the rest of the ep is going to rock. Hopefully it won't be as buggy as late night was.
  • Options
    jazzy17bayjazzy17bay Posts: 30 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I think generations is going to be a really fun game. I cant wait!
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited May 2011
    "G is for Generations, and that's good enough for me!"

Sorry, but the title of the thread gave me distinct Sesame Street flashbacks. :lol:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Haids5987 wrote:
    "G is for Generations, and that's good enough for me!"

Sorry, but the title of the thread gave me distinct Sesame Street flashbacks. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    nice one