Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rovington Islands (Jungle inspired world) Ready for Download! (NEW THREAD - old one broke)

KayPapageiKayPapagei Posts: 974 New Member
Rovington Islands

Link to download: http://www.mediafire.com/?v3khc09pd4c3lb8

overview3.jpg

INFO:
World size: Large
World Type/Theme: A collection of jungle inspired Islands, with a variety of 'modern' houses (ie not beach huts)
Requires: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night & Stuff packs, however the world should work perfectly even if you don't have the SP's installed, you will just be missing a couple of objects in one or two houses.
Lots: 61 lots, including 35 community and 26 residential. 16 residential lots have houses built on them, some are furnished and some aren't. 10 empty lots of varying sizes, from 15x15 up to 62x62

Features a variety of Late Nights clubs and bars, but no sky scrapers or apartments. I have however included a large area of flat land with roads that can be used to place your own lots if you require any of these LN features, or just need extra space for your sims!

All community lots except for Bistro and Theatre have been included (But again, you can place these yourself as there is pleanty of room).

There are also a few tombs around, so good luck finding them. It's a bit of a mystery to get into some of the tombs, and they will kinda need to be done in a certain order. But eventualy your sims will figure it out, they arent difficult and they aren't that big, just a bit of fun with some awesome rewards at the end.

At some point there will be a save file, I'm hoping. And an updated version of the world.

Screenies:

Scenic
beautyspot.jpg

Beach area
hillbottombeach.jpg

Blank area of map so players can place their own lots in-game.
64.jpg

Housing
53.jpg

One of the pools
49.jpg

The swamp
22-2.jpg

A mining area
38.jpg

A few house pictures...
27.jpg
23-2.jpg
52.jpg
42.jpg
37.jpg

Comments

• Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited April 2011
    Looks Fantastic! Very attractive and I can hear a soft breeze and smell the sultry air :D
    I also love the open area you provided with it.

I'm going to download it right now and check it out,
    thank you! :thumbup:
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thankyou, I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think!
  • Options
    MaddparrotMaddparrot Posts: 471 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Very well made!
    I could look at it all day.
    Question: Is there any old run down houses, I think that would look nice given the whole concept.
  • Options
    mhgzanonmhgzanon Posts: 780 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Is the blue and white house owned by a Greek family? Nice!
    Great work
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Madparrot, I don't think I built any run down houses, but that is something I may well add at a later date :)

mhgzanon, there are currently no families in the world, but yes, it is a Greek style house! I love Greece so I had to put a lil Greek house in there somewhere :) Also, I posted on your thread, I can't wait to see how you create your world :D
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited May 2011
    I played Rovington for a while and it looks absolutely wonderfull. I love how you decorated the place, I love the houses,
    I love the landscaping ect. Very well done! :-)

The pool is great! Heres my sim ordering a drink.
    Screenshot-8.jpg

Only thing is, I rather it was a public pool (I can still
    do that right) but I understand the bar would not work then
    and why you did it this way.

Overall, great job. Thank you for your hard work, my
    sims are feeling right at home on this wonderful island.
    Wish I could recommand it.
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Awesome! I'm so glad you like it. And yes you could probably change the lot type to community pool. The bar would probably still be there but I think your sims would have to pour the drinks themselves.

Thanks for sharing the pic :D
  • Options
    MaddparrotMaddparrot Posts: 471 New Member
    edited May 2011
    KayPapagei wrote:
    Madparrot, I don't think I built any run down houses, but that is something I may well add at a later date :)
    Okay.
    I already added it to my game.
    Can't wait to play around in it! :thumbup:
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited May 2011
    Rovington Islands looks great KayPapagei. I love the shape of the island. It looks like there are lots of different parts to it and places to "get away from it all".
    I like the swamp. For some reason, I`m getting into swamps.
    That didn`t sound right, did it?
  • Options
    BabyDaisyBabyDaisy Posts: 846 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Looks awesome! :D

If it downloads okay (which I'm sure it will), I'll share some pictures!

BabyDaisy
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Epic, let me know how it plays :D
  • Options
    PapaSmurf1PapaSmurf1 Posts: 497 New Member
    edited May 2011
    This looks amazing! I will definately downloading and giving it a shot, I've been kind of frustrated with the progress of the world I've been creating (Madora Islands). Maybe this will give me a nice break from it.

I'm downloading it now.

• Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited May 2011
    Wow, this is pretty spectacular looking! I generally download custom worlds but never play with them - yours looks like it'll be an exception! Well done!
  • Options
    Jackque17Jackque17 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited May 2011
    This is so lovely!
  • Options
    sjsimmy02sjsimmy02 Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2011
    Wow, it's lovely. Great job. I love the foot bridge on the hill.
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2011
    I love the mining site, what a novel idea. It really looks beautiful :D
  • Options
    DigstarDigstar Posts: 308 Member
    edited May 2011
    I had a brief play on Rovington Islands, and was "gob smacked" at how much detail and work you put into the project. This is simply brilliant. I was particularly impressed with the following.

1) General layout of the islands, felt like always something new to explore.
    2) Objects and plants used extremely well and give a "photoshop feel" to the islands.
    3) Textures look brilliant. Really loved the rock textures and the way the roads looked. Barnacle Bay looks very amateurish in comparison imo.
    4) Great layout of lots etc. Wouldn't change anything.
    5) A huge "I'm not worthy" feeling when looking at my own worlds :lol:

Top job, well done :D
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Wow, guys, you're all so kind!

Can't believe how much positive feedback I've had from this project already :D

I've just started work on a new project, a much bigger world with a city and everything. I look forward to seeing your opinions on that too :)

I try to make my worls look interesting. I don't just want them to play well, I want them to look interesting, like there's so much to do and explore!

Had anyone uncovered the tombs yet? I have placed a couple small tombs, as well as some other hidden rooms on random lots. It might take quite a while to find them all.
  • Options
    BujoGamer1971BujoGamer1971 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited May 2011
    I really like the theme you have chosen here.. The world looks very lush.I am downloading it now to give it a try! Thank you for sharing :)
  • Options
    YorkchopYorkchop Posts: 348 Member
    edited May 2011
    Kay, your painting and sculpting and landscaping cannot be beat! The poolside club in Rovington has to be one of the most attractive lots I've ever seen in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It means so much to me that you guys really like this world :D

I'm hoping my next world will be even better :D
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited May 2011
    Loving the look of this world Kay. Am downloading and look forward to checking it out. Way to go :D
  • Options
    RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Let me say, I absolutely LOVE this world.. probably the most beatiful and well put together ones I've ever seen and played...

One little teensy weensy (but annoying) issue I'm having though...

I'm wondering if anyone so far has had a problem with a sim getting "stuck" somewhere and causing the game to be very laggy and choppy? and if so is there a certain place where it is?? "Resetsim *" seems to be the only fix.. but doing that once or twice a sim day, in a family with 5 sims, isnt exactly ideal.. this is my first time with this problem...

Other than that.. LOVE the world.. so beautiful!! :)
  • Options
    RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Disregard my post above.. if anyone runs into the same issue I did.. Sims are getting stuck at the back door of the diner!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    RBenthien wrote:
    Disregard my post above.. if anyone runs into the same issue I did.. Sims are getting stuck at the back door of the diner!!!

I had the same problem, I notice a few people did (in my previous thread). It can be easily fixed by deleting and replacing the diner. I think it's because I used moveobjects when placing it, so the back of it is slightly off the lot. Try deleting and replacing.

If that doesn't work then I'm completely out of ideas. I fixed al lthe routing issues I knew about.